• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where is the Canadapost module lurking?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, have u guys had luck shipping internationally with this module?

in the readme it states the following:

This shipping module only can be used in Canada. (depends on canadapost server). It means that the original country must be Canada or CA, and the postcode must be valid canada post code.

its important if someone can get back to me on this, I need to find an International shipping mod that works ...

thx in advance

Does anyone know how to remove some of the shipping options? I don't need to offer my customer 5 methods of shipping, probably two (regular and express) would do. Any help would be appreciated.

It's all in the admin area - under shipping

Click on the shipping method you'd like to remove and then click on the red dot to the right of it (version 2.2)

Troy

Maybe I should have clarified. The Canada Post module works great but returns many options for shipping:

Priority, Xpresspost, Expedited, Regular, Expedited Wednesday 6PM to 9PM, and Expedited Saturday 9AM to 1PM.

I want to know if it possible to limit the number of options (or define which ones) are shown to the customer (i.e only show Priority, Xpresspost and Regular). I think it may be confusing to have all the options especially if two of them have the same price.

No two of them should be the same price

Regular Parcel (7 - 10 days)

XpressPost (2 bussiness days to major centers)

Priority Courier (1 bussiness day to major centers)

3 different speeds - 3 different prices for each speed

You want to remove your customers ability to choose which speed he/she would like?

Troy

If just those three options came up I would have no problem with it but I also get two expedited options both with the same price so I do not want these on the page as 3 methods is more than enough.

I think you need to modify the canadapost module source code to filter out methods you don't want.

It shouldn't be hard. If you can't do it, let me know, when I have time, I will look into the code and tell you how.

Kenneth Wang

VA3RRW/BD4RR

I'm assuming you're talking about editing catalog/includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php?

Yes, modify the display function.

From line 123:

for ($i=0; $i<count($shipping_canadapost_products); $i++) {

$display_string .= ' <tr>' . "n" .

............ current code .........

$display_string .= ' </tr>' . "n";

}

Change to:

for ($i=0; $i<count($shipping_canadapost_products); $i++) {

if ( !strstr($shipping_canadapost_products[$i][name], 'service-name-you-don't-want' ) {

$display_string .= ' <tr>' . "n" .

............ current code .........

$display_string .= ' </tr>' . "n";

}

}

There're 2 new lines only.

Kenneth Wang

VA3RRW/BD4RR

• 2 weeks later...

how come i see this:

Canada Post (International Purolator Courier) $84.15

Canada Post (Small Packets - Air) $10.65

Canada Post (Small Packets - Surface) $5.40

and other other sites I see the following:

Canada Post (International Purolator Courier) $84.15

Canada Post (Parcel Air) $44.45

Canada Post (Parcel Surface) $31.30

this is only for international addresses.

did the owner of the latter shipping options edit something on the canadapost mod?

can anyone help?

hello, I just installed this mod, it doesn't work if i enable 2 or more shipping methods (UPS,or others) in admin. does anybody can figure it out what's going on? thanks a lot!

I am using Canda Post module and Pick up (modified from flat rate module) on my site (http://www.u-feel.com), and it works well.

Can you post your URL so we can have a look?

Kenneth Wang

VA3RRW/BD4RR

I am using the Canada Post module, it connects fine with my CPC ID, however I don't see any way to choose between the three shipping options available (Regular, Xpresspost, Expedited). I do want these options, but there is no buttons or anything for the customer to choose between these three. If I test it and continue, it goes with the "Regular" rate. Did I miss something in installing it?

Thanks,

Violet

I am using the Canada Post module, it connects fine with my CPC ID, however I don't see any way to choose between the three shipping options available (Regular, Xpresspost, Expedited). I do want these options, but there is no buttons or anything for the customer to choose between these three.

Don't bother. The osC's checkout procedure has changed totally, and the contributed Canada Post can't work anymore. Hope Kelvin can find some time to work on this module again.

Kenneth Wang

VA3RRW/BD4RR

My cart is a snapshot from Oct 10th, does this still apply?

Then you should use the current Canada Post version.

I really can't figure out what you did wrong. When I install it, I followed the instructions in the package, and it worked quite well. then I altered some codes myself. But anyways the module should work without any modification.

Kenneth Wang

VA3RRW/BD4RR

Currently when I enter the weight of a product I enter it in pounds as that is what my suppliers provide me with however I noticed with product over a weight of 29, the CP module comes up with a "parcel too heavy" error. Do I need to convert my weight to kilo's instead? Or is there something else I'm missing? TIA

Currently when I enter the weight of a product I enter it in pounds as that is what my suppliers provide me with however I noticed with product over a weight of 29, the CP module comes up with a "parcel too heavy" error. Do I need to convert my weight to kilo's instead? Or is there something else I'm missing? TIA

I do hope Kelvin (the original author) can be here answering these questions. I haven't look into the CanadaPost's documentations.

I just covert the original version into a new version for POST-Nov.1.2002 CVS which introduced a new checkout process. For the coverting I learn that you must have height/weight/width for each of the product (in Inch, I guess), otherwise the server will return an error message.

Kenneth Wang

VA3RRW/BD4RR