• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN Customer Notifications

I have just recently installed the latest PayPal IPN. My client just sent over this screenshot. He noticed that some of the PayPal customer notifications under the 'Orders' area are not being sent. I don't really know a lot about notifications but it would be nice to give him some kind of explanation for these first two notifications showing up as failed...

Here is the screenshot.

paypal_screenshot.gif

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jason

I have a client who is having the same problem. The order is being processed by paypal but the status is not changed, the notices aren't sent, and it is not allowing a download. I would be curious to know if you were able to solve this problem?

I have just recently installed the latest PayPal IPN. My client just sent over this screenshot. He noticed that some of the PayPal customer notifications under the 'Orders' area are not being sent. I don't really know a lot about notifications but it would be nice to give him some kind of explanation for these first two notifications showing up as failed...

Here is the screenshot.

paypal_screenshot.gif

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason

From what I can gather the 1.4 version added the first entry in the order sheet to show that a customer was indending to make a transaction and has been sent off to paypal. If for whatever reason they dont come back i.e they dont confirm payment or log off, the payment will not have gone through and the database will not have been updated. This then lets the admin know that this was a false order and it should be deleted off the system. This is therefore not required as an email to the customer but only as a reference in the order status. This was not present in version 1.3.

The second entry is the returning IPN from paypal to show payment is pending i.e not verifiied. ( again not needed to be sent to the customer)

Then finally the verified payment which has been sent to the customer.

I'm not an expert at this so I may be off a bit but I think this is the general jist.

I have just loaded 1.4 myself but for some reason am not getting any IPN's returning from Paypal although the customer is sent to them and returns. All my tests and changing the URL reference have come up blank, any thoughts from you? Do you know where the IPN's should be going, or where they would reside in the admin tool so I can check if I am receiving them?

rgds

Mark

• 3 months later...