• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Sitemap w/Admin

MimiQue

I'm getting this warning after I install the Google Sitemap with Admin, and I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_GOOGLE_SITEMAPS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cust2/user1285208/html/catalog/sitemaps.index.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_GOOGLE_SITEMAPS' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/cust2/user1285208/html/catalog/sitemaps.index.php on line 33

What is strange is that in the instructions and files it does not mention anything about the includes/languages/english/FILENAME_GOOGLE_SITEMAPS, now there is a file with includes/languages/english/sitemaps.index.php file, but it doesn't indicate anything about FILENAME_GOOGLE_SITEMAPS.... hum. Any suggestions?

Thanks if you can help.

I'm getting this warning after I install the Google Sitemap with Admin, and I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_GOOGLE_SITEMAPS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cust2/user1285208/html/catalog/sitemaps.index.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_GOOGLE_SITEMAPS' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/cust2/user1285208/html/catalog/sitemaps.index.php on line 33

What is strange is that in the instructions and files it does not mention anything about the includes/languages/english/FILENAME_GOOGLE_SITEMAPS, now there is a file with includes/languages/english/sitemaps.index.php file, but it doesn't indicate anything about FILENAME_GOOGLE_SITEMAPS.... hum. Any suggestions?

Thanks if you can help.

Have you followed step 3?

3. Open /admin/includes/filenames.php

And add the following:

// Google XML Sitemap

define('FILENAME_GOOGLE_SITEMAP', 'googlesitemap.php');

// Fine

Have you followed step 3?

I installed the other Google Sitemap contribution without the admin and it is working correctly yet I would still like to get this one working for convenience, and really... it's drivng me crazy why this isn't working.

I checked the Step 3 and yes I did do that and it is in the correct file. But anyway the error message is saying the problem is in:

the includes/languages/english... file. That is where I am getting confused. I keep looking at this file and back at the main one, sitemaps.index.php, and considering nothing changed in the sitemaps.index.php file I assume it couldn't be this one. So it would have to be in the .../english... Ya, so in other words, I'm lost. Any more suggestions?

Meredith

I installed the other Google Sitemap contribution without the admin and it is working correctly yet I would still like to get this one working for convenience, and really... it's drivng me crazy why this isn't working.

I checked the Step 3 and yes I did do that and it is in the correct file. But anyway the error message is saying the problem is in:

the includes/languages/english... file. That is where I am getting confused. I keep looking at this file and back at the main one, sitemaps.index.php, and considering nothing changed in the sitemaps.index.php file I assume it couldn't be this one. So it would have to be in the .../english... Ya, so in other words, I'm lost. Any more suggestions?

Meredith

Looking at the error message you have put there is an S on the end of the define filename, in the install instructions there isnt an S at the end of the define, Doubel check that. I am in no way a php expert infact I am probably lower than a novice :blush: but I will help as much as I can.

Looking at the error message you have put there is an S on the end of the define filename, in the install instructions there isnt an S at the end of the define, Doubel check that. I am in no way a php expert infact I am probably lower than a novice :blush: but I will help as much as I can.

Ok, I figured it out but this was wierd so hold on....

1st I remove the "s" like you said, and this is strange because the file from the contribution had the "s" in it and then I put the googlesitemap.php file that is supposed to go in the admin/includes/languages/english file into the includes/languages/english file, so this would mean the downloads and instructions in the contribution were wrong. That just puzzles me why more people wouldn't have had this same problem. Oh, well, thanks for your help and I hope this might possibly help someone else.

Happy Holidays,

Meredith

• 1 month later...

Meredith:

THANK YOU for posting your solution to this. I can't hardly understand how this contribution has been around for this long and yet NOBODY has posted this issue before. Makes no sense unless nobody is using it. This is definitely an error in the contribution and its documentation.

Well, thanks again. People that follow up with solutions (especially their own) are what make forums worth while. Otherwise who knows how long I would have searched for an answer to this!

-Dorian