• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting USPS Shipping going...

HDLLC

Pretty new here - and just getting into the 'meat' of getting shipping figured out...

I have United States Postal Service contribution installed - and it is asking for my assigned US Id, and corresponding password...

I have the User ID, but don't see where they sent me a password.

My account password, or any passwords I have ever used in my lifetime, seem to work...

Am I missing something here?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

--HD

USPS stopped using passwords earlier this year.

Jack

Okay... That's a good place to start.

=^)

So... I tried pulling the password (blank) - and nothing again.

What is the best contribution for USPS to use? I'm at a loss. I have their assigned User ID entered...

Thinking I need an up-to-date module for this.

Any suggestions...?

Thanks!

--HD

I'm having the same problem. Does anyone knows the answer ? thanks

Okay... That's a good place to start.

=^)

So... I tried pulling the password (blank) - and nothing again.

What is the best contribution for USPS to use? I'm at a loss. I have their assigned User ID entered...

Thinking I need an up-to-date module for this.

Any suggestions...?

Thanks!

--HD

can you elaborate on this?

To answer the above question - you have to ask to be moved to "production" rather than "testing".

They route you through two different servers depending on which mode you are in. As a default, you go into testing. Once you are done testing - you go to production.

On the question of passwords and such:

Thanks for the info - and I've done this - moved to production, end of testing phase.

I never got it to work on in the testing environment - and now that I got switched to production - I still can't get it to work.

The USPS told me that I can leave the password blank. Tried that - no luck.

They also said I can put anything I want in there - they don't check it - but the module in OSC might require something, so I tried that too. No dice. No connect - just shows an error in the module when I start to go through checkout.

Is there an updated shipping module for OSC that could work better? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

--Jeff

The module doesn't work in test mode. As soon as you get a USPS account, call them and ask to be switched. They might make some comment that it needs to be tested first. If they do, tell them it's an oscommerce shop and it only works on the production server. Once that is done, be sure to switch the module setting to Production. Also be sure you have enter in a postal code in admin->configuration->Shipping/Packaging. Once all of that is done, it should work.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The module doesn't work in test mode. As soon as you get a USPS account, call them and ask to be switched. They might make some comment that it needs to be tested first. If they do, tell them it's an oscommerce shop and it only works on the production server. Once that is done, be sure to switch the module setting to Production. Also be sure you have enter in a postal code in admin->configuration->Shipping/Packaging. Once all of that is done, it should work.

Jack

Hey Jack!

Thanks a million! I had all of that done, with the exception of getting the zip entered in admin/config/shipping & packaging!

Works like a champ now!

Thanks again!

--HD

Guys,

Is working now!!! perfect!!!!

Note: I don't needed to call them, I just emailed them with the questions yesterday and they reply giving me

the production server address and some other tips that I don't needed to do.

Thanks and good luck!

Tferrer