• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO URLS and Links Manager...

Hi,

I installed Links Manager and it setup correctly and all. The problem is that when I click a link on the site the URL is rewritten and coming up as not found.

For example:

http://www.apollowear.com/shopping-links-6.html

Comes up as not found.

Is there some rewrite rule I should make in the .htaccess file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Lee Nino

--

www.apollowear.com

- Underwear for today's man.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Can somebeody tell me which Ultimate SEO has the modified seo.class.php for the Links Manager?

Mine doesn''t.

I have Ultimate SEO 2.1d/e (from the osc site with a change or two from the one from chemos site. circa fall 2006)

and it seems neither do these :

I have downloaded several recent ones to examine the seo.class.php but it doesn't seem to have any additions for the link manager--just the admin controlled seo names.

• Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs yesudo 29 Nov 2006
  • Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs yesudo 25 Nov 2006
  • Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d yesudo 25 Nov 2006
  • Fixed seo.class.php jpweber 25 Nov 2006

Thanks in advance,

India

Edited by IndiaStarker

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

According to Jack's post it would be the one before the last one on December 6 2006 which would be 25 Nov 2006 by yesudo -- but no cigar.

A tiny suggestion : since people use the forums over many months, it would be great to mention contribs by name, contributor and date.

India

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

Can somebeody tell me which Ultimate SEO has the modified seo.class.php for the Links Manager?

Mine doesn''t.

OK--seems to have been removed. I found this solution by ucetech.

I will try it out.

-i.

You just need to place the following in your .htaccess file where the other rewrites are

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes you need the rewrite line but you need the class support too.

It appears that the Ultimate SEO version supporting Links Manager has been removed from the contributions. Fortunately ucetech worked out the solution again, as I wrote above. Here's my other post : Works great.

Best,

-i.

I install these two contributions together quite often and the seo_class file I use (directly from 2.1d) doesn't have the change you mention. All that is required, in my experience, is the rewrite code. If it doesn't work for you, it may be some difference in the version you are using or maybe a server difference. I suggest to anyone installing the two not to make that change unless the code won't work without it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I install these two contributions together quite often and the seo_class file I use (directly from 2.1d) doesn't have the change you mention.

Well that is very strange indeed.

I find that there is a problem with relying on version numbers in this osc world since there is no version control on contribs, which is really too bad.

There was even a version of Ultimate SEO removed from the contribs.

But finally, I cannot see how the code could function if no mention was made to handle links in the seo class.

I see for example in the fuction SEO_URL() :

before

$this->reg_anchors = array('products_id' => '-p-',  
								'cPath' => '-c-',  
								'manufacturers_id' => '-m-',  
								'pID' => '-pi-',  
								'tPath' => '-t-',  
								'articles_id' => '-a-',  
								'products_id_review' => '-pr-',  
								'products_id_review_info' => '-pri-',  
								'info_id' => '-i-'  
								);

after

'cPath' => '-c-',
								'manufacturers_id' => '-m-',
								'pID' => '-pi-',
								'tPath' => '-t-',
								'articles_id' => '-a-',
								'products_id_review' => '-pr-',
								'products_id_review_info' => '-pri-',
								'info_id' => '-i-',
								'lPath' => '-links-'
								);

If yours works without any of the changes it sorta seems like magic !

Do you have an idea?

Can you post the same section of function SEO_URL() in your seo.class.php ?

Look for

/**
 * SEO_URL class constructor 
 * @author Bobby Easland 
 * @version 1.1
 * @param integer $languages_id
 */	
 function SEO_URL($languages_id){

and further down,

best,

i.

No, I don't have time to figure out many of the problems with contribution let alone time to figure out why there isn't a problem. :) The version I use is 2.1d by yesudo (before the optional create your own, which introduced problems).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

OK too bad. (A simple

grep lPath seo.class.php

in directory catalog/include/classes would have done it--about 2 secs.)

But if you don't need code for links, then why would you need code for categories or products ? Then I could ask, why would you need the seo.class.php at all? Should just work without it ;-)

-i.

I think you are missing the point. You don't need the code you adding, or at least I don't, to get ultimate seo to work with links manager. You are putting far more than 2 seconds in to fixing a problem that doesn't exist. I don't know why you want to do that but it is not something I have time to do.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sweetheart its done and working two days ago, pointer to solution posted. Let it go. Glad you have magic. Just tryin' to help those who don't. -i

I was simply responding to your post. You are posting a solution to a non-problem. A lot of people have problems installing contributions as it is so there isn't much reason to complicate one further. I was just making that point.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Pour la petit histoire,

Is anyone (besides Jack who is busy please) with links manager + Ultimate SEO working properly who did not modify the seo class themselves kind enough to grep lPath (or search for the word lPath in the file with another tool) in their includes/classes/seo.classes.php ? Either the response is nothing, in which case it will be chalked up to the mysteries of life or some code will be shown, confirming that indeed there is a version containing supporting code, which may or may not currently exist in the contribs. Noting that a version was deleted at some time because of unhappiness between chemo and friends here, it may be possible that the links supporting version is missing. I only looked at the three d's and compared to my own installed version (d/e) and the seo.class.php file was nearly identical.

I for one would have appreciated confirming that the modified seo class did exist at one time if I should consider adding it back to the contrib, since it took some searching to find a solution...

Best,

-i.

You are posting a solution to a non-problem.

Except that it was a problem for me which is now resolved! Simply adding the rewrite code to .htaccess didn't work for me nor for uscetech (his solution posted) as we both wrote in this form several times now. I don't know why it was so hard to reply yes or no that the word lPath exists in the seo.class.php for the compatible version of Ultimate SEO.

Either it does, or it doesn't. End of story.

Pour la petit histoire,

Is anyone (besides Jack who is busy please) with links manager + Ultimate SEO working properly who did not modify the seo class themselves kind enough to grep lPath (or search for the word lPath in the file with another tool) in their includes/classes/seo.classes.php ? Either the response is nothing, in which case it will be chalked up to the mysteries of life or some code will be shown, confirming that indeed there is a version containing supporting code, which may or may not currently exist in the contribs. Noting that a version was deleted at some time because of unhappiness between chemo and friends here, it may be possible that the links supporting version is missing. I only looked at the three d's and compared to my own installed version (d/e) and the seo.class.php file was nearly identical.

I for one would have appreciated confirming that the modified seo class did exist at one time if I should consider adding it back to the contrib, since it took some searching to find a solution...

Best,

-i.

Except that it was a problem for me which is now resolved! Simply adding the rewrite code to .htaccess didn't work for me nor for uscetech (his solution posted) as we both wrote in this form several times now. I don't know why it was so hard to reply yes or no that the word lPath exists in the seo.class.php for the compatible version of Ultimate SEO.

Either it does, or it doesn't. End of story.

I stand corrected. I relied on my memory (always a mistake :)) in thinking I had checked that before. I surely must not have. The version I use is named v2-2.2, which is not in the uploads section so it appears that that was deleted for some reason. Although I have V2.1d also and probably got them confused when I searched them.

In any event, I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. My only reason for continuing to post was to try to save some people some aggravation but it seems I may have caused some instead. I apologize for any confusion (and in your case, aggravation) I may have caused.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks blafrog and thanks Jack. Your posts appreciated. No harm done. Its reassuring that things do work as expected.

-i.