The e-commerce.

[Contribution] phpBB-osCommerce Bridge

gabrielk

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabriel,

Can you tell me if you think the two issues I mentioned at the top of this page (page 3) can be fixed? (being logged into the forum after registering, and the editing problem when there's no osCsid number in the address bar)

I've messed with this for days now, and have not had any success. It sure would be helpful to know what you think.

Regards,

CThomas

Hi,

I've been able to resolve the first (being logged into the forum after registering) of the two issues I had, by applying the first two steps of login.php, into create_account.php. And, adding a little to the first and only step of create_account.php (from the original phpBB-osCommerce Bridge Install.txt):

So, in create_account.php:

1) Above:

require('includes/application_top.php');

Insert:

// Added for phpBB-osCommerce Bridge
 define("IN_LOGIN", true);
 define('IN_PHPBB', true);
 $phpbb_root_path = './phpbb2';
 include($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc');
 include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);
 // End phpBB-osCommerce Bridge

2) Replace:

$check_customer_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");

With:

//$check_customer_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");
$check_customer_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");

3) Below:

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " set customers_info_date_of_last_logon = now(), customers_info_number_of_logons = customers_info_number_of_logons+1 where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");

Insert:

// Find if username exists already, append a number if it does.
// Username = first name + last initial + number.
// This function is repeated in account_edit.php & login.php
$new_username = strtolower($firstname) . strtolower(substr($lastname,0,1));
$unQuery = tep_db_query("SELECT count(*) AS count FROM ".TABLE_PHPBB_USERS." WHERE username LIKE '".$new_username."%'");
if($unQuery) {
$unResult = tep_db_fetch_array($unQuery);
if($unResult['count']>0) {
	// Username exists; find out how many there are an append the next # to it.
	$unCount = $unResult['count'];
	$unCount++;
}
} else {
$unCount = '';
}
$new_username = $new_username.$unCount;

// This array set is repeated (with some differences) in login.php
// We’re only entering the most basic information, relying on 
// the forum defaults for most things.  
  $sql_data_array2 = array(
				  'user_id' => $customer_id,
				  'username' => $new_username,
				  'user_password' => md5($password),
				  'user_session_time' => time(),
				  'user_regdate' => time(),
				  'user_email' => $email_address,
				  'user_from' => tep_get_zone_name((int)($country),(int)($zone_id),0)
				  );						 
  tep_db_perform(TABLE_PHPBB_USERS, $sql_data_array2);
// Insert our new user into the default group.
// If you want your new signups to go to a different group,
// change "VALUES ('1'" to the actual user group id.
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PHPBB_USER_GROUPS . " (group_id, user_id, user_pending) VALUES ('1', $customer_id, 0)");
		$admin='0';
		session_begin($customer_id, encode_ip(tep_get_ip_address()), PAGE_INDEX, FALSE, $autologin, $admin);

By applying the three steps listed above, when registering, the registerer is now automatically logged into the forum as well as the shopping cart.

As a matter of information, the little added code to the first and only step of create_account.php is this part below, that is the bottom part of the above code, which is a part of Gabriel's update to login.php on Page 2 of this forum:

$admin='0';
		session_begin($customer_id, encode_ip(tep_get_ip_address()), PAGE_INDEX, FALSE, $autologin, $admin);

Regards,

CThomas

Edited by CThomas

I get this error when I login and im not logged in when you check the forum...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_begin() in /mydomain/login.php on line 108

Also when I ran the first SQL I never got some info back about the GROUP_ID...

Edited by Dennis_gull

btw when I try to check the phpBB admin in the oscommerce admin i get this:

you see this page, there was a problem logging in to the forums. You can try to Submit Query or else re-check your settings.

I think I've done something very wrong =/

Okay I've rechecked a lot now and read all the posts and I ran this:

SELECT * FROM `configuration_group` WHERE 1

And I get two SQL group titles with Forum, one is 901 and the other is 902 what should I do about this?

And secondly about this forum_admin_login.php problem. I ran:

echo "SELECT * FROM ".TABLE_PHPBB_USERS." WHERE username='".FORUM_USERNAME."' AND user_password=MD5('".FORUM_PASSWORD."') AND user_email='".FORUM_USER_EMAIL."'";

in the forum_admin_login.php file and it shows this:

SELECT * FROM phpbb_users WHERE username='gozil' AND user_password=MD5('**************************') AND user_email='[email protected]'

The password is like 15 letters and number but my real password is just 6 numbers. but I cant seem to get it to change. This is how my second SQL:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (NULL, 'Forum Administrator Display Name', 'FORUM_USERNAME', 'MY FORUM USERNAME', 'The displayed username of the forum administrator.', '902', '1', NOW(), NOW(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (NULL, 'Forum Administrator E-Mail', 'FORUM_USER_EMAIL', 'MY EMAIL', 'The the forum administrator e-mail address for correspondence.', '902', '2', NOW(), NOW(), NULL, NULL);INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (NULL, 'Forum Administrator Password', 'FORUM_PASSWORD' , MD5('MY FORUM PASSWORD'), 'The forum administrator password.', '902', '3', NOW(), NOW(), NULL, NULL);

with my actual password, name and email of course.

Edited by Dennis_gull

Sorry for spamming but I think I've made some progress.

First of all I dont get that error when I log in anymore and I deleted the forum Query and made a new one so now I only have one number and thats 904 but even so I still get the same major problem. The account doesnt get created in the phpBB forum. What should I do about this?

Okay.. after some days of work I found out that I had two different phpBB DB information. The first time I installed it I got an error so I installed it on phpBB2_ instead of phpBB_ but now it works good. and everything else works too. Thanks for a good contribution.

CThomas i've had the exact same problem as you (with the create_account login and with the edit account)

First of all I just wanna say I just fixed the edit account part. Im not 100% sure this wont affect something in a bad way (at least it cant make it worse :))

But I just deleted the statement that was bugged:

'user_from' => tep_get_zone_name((int)($customer_country_id),(int)($customer_zone_id)),

But to the create account login problem you seem to solved.

You said:

Replace

$check_customer_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");

with....

But I dont have that code in my create_account.php file any idea what to do now?

PS:

daniel2006 I know this is quite late but your problem was in /catalog/include/configure.php file, it should look like this

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '../');

Another little error I got (not a big deal though, the other stuff is more needed) is that I still cant log in via the forum_admin_login.php

I get this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: encode_ip() in *****.se/admin/forum_admin_login.php on line 17

But to the create account login problem you seem to solved.

You said:

Replace

with....

But I dont have that code in my create_account.php file any idea what to do now?

Dennis,

Yes, I see now that this query is not in a vanilla create_account.php file. I have so very many regular, and modified contributions installed - at this point I don't even remember now why the query was added to my create_account.php file.

Anyway, I would think that you could just add the query:

$check_customer_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");

in about the same place as it is in the login.php file, into the create_account.php file.

I think it's needed in order to check if a name is already being used.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I decided to force a re-login when changing information, this solved the editing problem for me.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I don't understand "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: encode_ip()" as mine works fine, and I don't know enough about programming to be of assistance.

Regards,

CThomas

Okay I got it to work, everything is perfect now :)

I used your first code and last one:

$phpbb_root_path = './phpbb2';
 include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);

And

// Find if username exists already, append a number if it does.
// Username = first name + last initial + number.
// This function is repeated in account_edit.php & login.php
$new_username = strtolower($firstname) . strtolower(substr($lastname,0,1));
$unQuery = tep_db_query("SELECT count(*) AS count FROM ".TABLE_PHPBB_USERS." WHERE username LIKE '".$new_username."%'");
if($unQuery) {
$unResult = tep_db_fetch_array($unQuery);
if($unResult['count']>0) {
	// Username exists; find out how many there are an append the next # to it.
	$unCount = $unResult['count'];
	$unCount++;
}
} else {
$unCount = '';
}
$new_username = $new_username.$unCount;

// This array set is repeated (with some differences) in login.php
// We’re only entering the most basic information, relying on
// the forum defaults for most things.  
  $sql_data_array2 = array(
				  'user_id' => $customer_id,
				  'username' => $new_username,
				  'user_password' => md5($password),
				  'user_session_time' => time(),
				  'user_regdate' => time(),
				  'user_email' => $email_address,
				  'user_from' => tep_get_zone_name((int)($country),(int)($zone_id),0)
				  );						
  tep_db_perform(TABLE_PHPBB_USERS, $sql_data_array2);
// Insert our new user into the default group.
// If you want your new signups to go to a different group,
// change "VALUES ('1'" to the actual user group id.
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PHPBB_USER_GROUPS . " (group_id, user_id, user_pending) VALUES ('1', $customer_id, 0)");
		$admin='0';

insead of the code from the install text. Thanks for the help, its now the fun part begins... Time to mod the forum :D

CThomas,

- - - - - - - - - - -

I decided to force a re-login when changing information, this solved the editing problem for me.

- - - - - - - - - - -

How did you do this to fix the tep_get_zone_name() error message? I seem to have the same problem you had when trying to edit an account. The account is still updated but I get the error message:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for tep_get_zone_name() in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 276

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/functions/general.php:276) in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 45

thanks!

CThomas,

How did you do this to fix the tep_get_zone_name() error message? I seem to have the same problem you had when trying to edit an account. The account is still updated but I get the error message:

Hi!

You might want to first try Dennis_gull's suggested solution, as mine is a little involving. It can be found

here.

I'll try and explain briefly what I did.

I made copies of: account_edit.php, login.php, & logoff.php. I named the copies: account__edit.php (notice the double underscore __), login_account_edit.php, & logoff_account_edit.php. Had to also insert the defines in includes/filenames.php.

In account_edit.php I removed everything but the requires application_top & bottom and in between them inserted:

$URL=tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF_ACCOUNT_EDIT,'','SSL');
header ("Location: $URL");

which redirects to logoff_account_edit.php where at the end of the php code on top, after all the unregisters I inserted:

$URL=tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN_ACCOUNT_EDIT, '', 'SSL');
header ("Location: $URL");

which redirects to login_account_edit.php where I replaced the tep_redirect (now with the oscSid) with:

FILENAME_ACCOUNT__EDIT

(again, note the double underscore __)

What all this does is bring up a re-login (I changed the text) page anytime account_edit.php is called for, and after inserting E-Mail Address & Password, takes you directly to account__edit.php (not account_edit.php) where you can now make the changes without the errors (because with a re-login the session numbers show in the URL.

I don't know if I explained this in a manner that is understandable. I don't have much time right now. If you have questions, I'll try to respond to them as I can.

I do suggest though, that unless what I've described makes some sense, to try the other way.

Regards,

CThomas

• 2 weeks later...

I realize I've been MIA for about a month now, and I apologize. Family illness and work ended up taking a very high priority these last few weeks, but I'm posting this to hopefully remedy some of the issues and bugs people have raised.

It seems that i have a paths issue, for example the Lost password page redirects to ..

http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/phpbb2/pas...d_forgotten.php

instead of..

http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/password_forgotten.php

Dan,

Like CThomas said, it sounds like one of your constants is pointing to the wrong place. The code that redirects to password_forgotten.php references the following constance: HTTPS_SERVER, DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG, and FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN. So one of these is the culprit. I'd wager on DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG, so check your osC config file to make sure that this definition does not reference the phpbb2 folder. Also, you may be running into this problem if your DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG is referencing a relative path instead of an absolute path.

You can trouble shoot by adding this statement to any visible place on one of your pages:

<?php
echo 'HTTPS_SERVER = '.HTTPS_SERVER.'<br>';
echo 'DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG = '.DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG.'<br>';
echo 'FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN = '.FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN.'<br>';
?>

If any of those paths get echo'd as an incorrect path, then check the define() value. If not then it's something else; if you're still around and having this problem, post and let me know.

I've been able to resolve the first (being logged into the forum after registering) of the two issues I had, by applying the first two steps of login.php, into create_account.php. And, adding a little to the first and only step of create_account.php (from the original phpBB-osCommerce Bridge Install.txt):

CThomas,

Thanks! I'll be adding that into v1.3.

Gabriel,

Having a small problem when editing customer information (examples: Name or E-Mail address) and there is no osCsid number in the address bar. After clicking on the "Continue" (Update) button, I get the following errors:

Despite the error messages, the changes do get updated.

This doesn't happen if I go to change the information directly after logging in, and an osCsid number is in the address bar. It only happens after I have visited a few pages and the osCsid number is no longer in the address bar when I go to change the info.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Regards,

CThomas

Find the string tep_get_zone_name( in the file. You'll normally see either two arguments being passed, or you'll see three with the last one being "0". Add or change the third argumen as follows:

/catalog/account_edit.php

Change: tep_get_zone_name((int)($customer_country_id),(int)($customer_zone_id))

To: tep_get_zone_name((int)($customer_country_id),(int)($customer_zone_id),0)

* Note: Upon reviewing the code, I'm not sure any of these values are actually being passed. I'd appreciate some feedback.

/catalog/login.php

Change: tep_get_zone_name((int)($check_country['entry_country_id']),(int)($check_country['entry_zone_id']))

To: tep_get_zone_name((int)($check_country['entry_country_id']),(int)($check_country['entry_zone_id']),0)

Another little error I got (not a big deal though, the other stuff is more needed) is that I still cant log in via the forum_admin_login.php

I get this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: encode_ip() in *****.se/admin/forum_admin_login.php on line 17

encode_ip() is a function from the phpBB2 login code. Make sure that you're including the path to the phpBB files as instructed in the installation instructions, and that the paths are correct.

I have one question about this contrib (which looks great by the way); does the bridge only setup phpbb usernames for new accounts, or does it automatically take existing accounts from the store into its database?

--ACB

Thanks for the contribution!

Just a quick question - I see you've released an update with a few bug fixes - is there any chance of including upgrade instructions - it's very difficult to see from the install instructions what changes need to be made to upgrade from the previous version.

Thanks,

Tom

Help Need I seem to be ruuning into this problem on Catalog/login.php

Warning: include(./phpbb2/db/mysql4.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\phpbb2\includes\db.php on line 35

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './phpbb2/db/mysql4.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\Program Files\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\phpbb2\includes\db.php on line 35

Fatal error: Class 'sql_db' not found in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\phpbb2\includes\db.php on line 60

I get this error message when i configure the following in login.php

$phpbb_root_path='./phpbb2/';

include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.php');

// echo 'phpBB Extension: ' . $phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc <br />';

// echo 'phpBB common: ' . $phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx.'<br /><br />';

if i remove the ./phpbb2/ and change to ./phpbb2/ i get lot od message header problems but the page loads. The message header say it cant find extension.inc or common

Ignore that, thats problem has been resolved now I have this one.

Warning: require(includes/languages//login.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\login.php on line 34

seems to me I might have a path issue can anyone help my Layout

/ = root Nothing in there

/catalog/ = Osc Catalog

/catalog/phpbb2/ = Forums

Ignore that, thats problem has been resolved now I have this one.

Warning: require(includes/languages//login.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\login.php on line 34

seems to me I might have a path issue can anyone help my Layout

/ = root Nothing in there

/catalog/ = Osc Catalog

/catalog/phpbb2/ = Forums

gabrielk I was thinking.. isnt there better if people get to pick a username when they creat an account.. so that the user can both login on the site with the username and later on that username is used in the forum?

at the moment they get a username for the forum and I allowed them to change it later. Thats fine though but just had a thought..

Guys need your help on this. when logging on to the Shop all works well, but when you click on the forum link for some reason your not logged on you have to enter your loggin details then it all works but when you logoff and relogon to the shop you still have to re-enter your login details to gain access to the forums.

Help please :)

Guys need your help on this. when logging on to the Shop all works well, but when you click on the forum link for some reason your not logged on you have to enter your loggin details then it all works but when you logoff and relogon to the shop you still have to re-enter your login details to gain access to the forums.

Help please :)

Update o.k. guys update I found out what the problem is in the login.php when it does it ip_encode it seems to populate the phpbb_session table if the users isp proxy server, but when they go into the phpbb forum before logging in another new session ley is created with the correct ip address. so the question is how do i fix this probelm.

Update o.k. guys update I found out what the problem is in the login.php when it does it ip_encode it seems to populate the phpbb_session table if the users isp proxy server, but when they go into the phpbb forum before logging in another new session ley is created with the correct ip address. so the question is how do i fix this probelm.

Let me make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

Are you saying: a user visits the shopping cart, logs in via osC, and then visits the forums and everything is OK. But if a user visits the forums, then visits osC and logs in, they are not properly logged into the forums? This would be a bug and I'd have to dig around to see what the problem is.

Or are you saying: a user logs into the forums via phpBB, and when they visit the shopping cart they are not logged into osC? If so, then this is the intended behaviour.

gabrielk I was thinking.. isnt there better if people get to pick a username when they creat an account.. so that the user can both login on the site with the username and later on that username is used in the forum?

at the moment they get a username for the forum and I allowed them to change it later. Thats fine though but just had a thought..

The idea here is to make is as seamless as possible. When you allow users to choose their own username, you open up a whole floodgate of new issues and possibilities. For example, what if a user doesn't specifically want a forum account? They will be annoyed and possibly abandon their sale if they are required to choose a forum username with no way to opt out; but take away the option and most people won't care, it will just be another feature they may or may not use (or even know about). You also then have to monitor against inappropriate usernames, which is just one more step for an already busy store owner.

I suppose the short answer is, it's beyond the scope of this mod to allow users to choose their own username. It was considered, but I decided against it after discussing it with some folks. If you do enable this, I would suggest enabling it on the phpBB end of things, because the fewer things you have "cluttering" your user's checkout process, the better.

I have one question about this contrib (which looks great by the way); does the bridge only setup phpbb usernames for new accounts, or does it automatically take existing accounts from the store into its database?

--ACB

Hi ACB,

There is code in place that will create a new phpBB account upon logging into osC, after checking to see if one already exists, for exactly this purpose.

hi, can anyone send me via PM a website where i can see this contrib running.

Actually i use ASN forum, but i am not very happy with this forum.

cheers

Xavier

Xavier,

Unfortunately I don't have a live site where you can really see this running. As has been stated in this thread a couple of times, there's really nothing to see. Everything that happens, happens in the code; all that's really visible is a link to phpBB that looks like any other installation of phpBB.

Thanks for the contribution!

Just a quick question - I see you've released an update with a few bug fixes - is there any chance of including upgrade instructions - it's very difficult to see from the install instructions what changes need to be made to upgrade from the previous version.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

If you're still having problems updating, send me a PM with which version you used and I'll try to help. I'll see about putting upgrade instructions in next time I make an update.