• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account (CVS 2.2 091702)

gnehc

I downloaded .55 of the Purchase without account and I have a few questions on the install instructions. It says:

/catalog/login.php

/catalog/Order_Info.php

/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php

/catalog/Order_Info_Check.php

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Process.php

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Check.php

/catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/login.php

/catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/images/buttons/button_create_account.gif

I understand the first 6 files to be uploaded and where they go. What of the last two. There is no directory in the modules folder called english there is in the include file, and there is no file for this with the zip I downloaded. There is an image for the button_create_account.gif

This is the instructions:

To Install:

Copy the files as they occur in their appropriate directories, be sure to backup your originals first in case you don't like it, or more likely I missed something, better to be on the safe side.

/catalog/login.php

/catalog/Order_Info.php

/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php

/catalog/Order_Info_Check.php

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Process.php

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Check.php

/catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/login.php

/catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/images/buttons/button_create_account.gif

You need to open some files and add some lines also, follow the instructions below and you should be ready in no time.

OPEN AND MAKE CHANGES IN THIS FILE: /catalog/includes/application_top.php

//Begin Checkout Without Account Modifications

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT', 'Order_Info.php');

//End Checkout Without Account Modifications

OPEN AND MAKE CHANGES IN THIS FILE: /catalog/includes/languages/english.php

/*Begin Checkout Without Account images*/

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'Create Account');

/*End Checkout WIthout Account images*/

OPEN AND MAKE CHANGES IN THIS FILE: /catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php

//Begin Checkout Without Account v0.55 changes

define('HEADING_CHECKOUT', '<font size="2">Proceed Directly to Checkout</font>');

define('TEXT_CHECKOUT_INTRODUCTION', 'Proceed to Checkout without creating an account. By choosing this option none of your user information will be kept in our records, and you will not be able to review your order status, nor keep track of your previous orders.');

define('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT', 'Proceed to Checkout without Registering');

//End Checkout Without Accuont v0.55 changes

THAT'S IT!

If you rename the files, you will have to go into each

file and rename the corresponding call to it.

some people might want to modify their 'header' not to show a 'logoff'. In which case, 'Order_Info_Process.php' registers the following below 'noaccount'. And, a 'if' statement actually checks in my 'header.php' for it. Otherwise, it just doesn't print the TEXT link. Although the actual HTTP link is

there. ;-)

--

<?php

if (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) {

echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF;

}

?>

--

In 'Order_Info_Process.php', there is a $password that is set to '' (empty) right now. Because, customer accounts are created with no password. For security purposes (so no one can just guess a blank password), you might want to set that $password to something else ...

The system will not create another duplicate account if

first/last name and e-mail address match up (that is also if the password is either blank or what you set it to). in which case, if those first 3 match up, it will call up the information from the customer database (so it actually doesn't matter what other informaton (state, zip, etc) that they fill out after those 3 match up).

My questions are:

What do I do for the last two files listed above?

And Where do I do these changes for this? In 'Order_Info_Process.php', there is a $password that is set to '' (empty) right now. Because, customer accounts are created with no password. For security purposes (so no one can just guess a blank password), you might want to set that $password to something else ...

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello. I am confused. What is the benefit of this script? If they continue to order, and truely want to order WITHOUT registering, why are they filling out a semi-registration form when they just want to go to the order form to fill out their shipping info?

Won't this mean they have to do it two times per order? Once, to fill out their personal info, and then to have it shipped? OR is the shipping for pre-populated?

I ask because I know somebody who wants people to order without having to sign up for anything, instead, just go into the checkout page.

So I cannot see the benefit of this script to solve that problem. However, I am confused, not trying to state it won't solve a problem.

• 3 months later...

There is a fatal flaw in this contribution and I wish I knew how to fix it. There needs to be a way to delete a customer after they have made a purchase using PWA. I know you can already delete customers easily in admin but there has to be a way to tell the difference between customers who created an account with their own password and those who only used PWA. If a customer used PWA and wants to come back, they cannot use the email they used the first time unless they are removed. However, one cannot figure out who has intentionally created an account and who has used PWA because a password is generated automatically for both methods. A simple check mark next to the name of those who created an account or for those who used PWA would suffice but something must be done to differentiate.

• 1 year later...
Mike, You might like to change the welcome message on your site too as it seems to imply you must have an account:

'Welcome To Real Cool Cooler Bags, LLC? 

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?'

Hi all

Anyone know how to remove the "Welcome Guest" message? (I'll stick the register & login links somewhere else)

Thanx

;)

Hi,

Thanks for this good contribution.

I have one problem now.

I cant figure out how to add more fields.

I have tried to copy one of the other that already are there, has also inserted an new field in the database.

:blink:

Is there somebody that can help we with this?

Regards

Thomas

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I am a bit confused as to what to download to have this contribution working. I downloaded PWA 1.0.2 but there's only instructions and no files to upload anywhere. I read this whole thread and am under the impression that there are some files that are supposed to be uploaded to different folders.

Could someone guide me a little here so as to what do download and what instructions to follow to have this working?

Thanks!!!

jailaxmi

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

• 1 month later...

quickie on this...

How do i move the 'purchase without account' on the checkout pages to above the other two account options? .. Ideally i need the purchase without account option to be the first one the customers will see, with the other two underneath it.

Normally moving something like this is fairly simple but i'm a bit stumped.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi complete newb question guys sorry, I installed this contribution and now I get this at the top of my index page and when I buy now and go to checkout basically its all I get on a white screen.

(Ihave a couple of other mods done by the way so I installed it manually).

// Begin PWA define('FILENAME_ORDER_INFO', 'order_info.php'); // end PWA

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /pub/home/rare105/htdocs/includes/filenames.php:66) in /pub/home/rare105/htdocs/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

// Begin PWA define('IMAGE_BUTTON_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'Create Account'); define('NAV_ORDER_INFO', 'Order Info'); // end PWA

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /pub/home/rare105/htdocs/includes/filenames.php:66) in /pub/home/rare105/htdocs/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Any help would be a great help if anyone can see what might be wrong..

Ian

Edited by iandavies

Hello all,

The 1.1.2b version and the ones that I have posted all include the out of the box osc files with PWA code already inserted for you. If you have a fresh install simply put the ones included in place of the other. If you have a modified shop use a compare program such as winMerge. Also the contributation has the original files which is what I use. I havent had a problem with it.

I got a compare program so I reckon I'll try that approach next then, I just thought I might learn more if I did it manually.

Keep up the amazing work guys, I might try myself when I have learnt something..

Ian

• 1 year later...

HELP!!!!!

I had PWA previously working on a web site and duplicate it for another new site.

For some reasons, the new website doesn't work at all.

When I click 'proceed to checkout without an account', it brings me to new user sign-up page....

WHY?

Hope someone will point me out. I have racking my head for 2 days now.... on top of a strange SSL problem...

When I enable SSL, I can't do checkout at all and when I click checkout, I am brought back to the login page and all cart contents are cleared!!!

HELP!! Someone, HELP!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have looked through several PWA threads but couldnt find any solution.

For some reason, in the checkout_confirmation.php the shipping cost isnt aded to the billing (and not charging the customer at all).

Any ideas? i have sat for long hours exploring this problem but nada!

Can anyone help on this issue?

Thanks, Sharon

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry if this question has been answered before, I've looked through the threads and can't see anything.

I have just installed PWA and it works fine with two exceptions:

1) When the order process email is sent out the delivery and billing addresses are not included. These do exist on the order record so it must just be a line missing in order_process.php, but I can't work out what to add.

2) On the order process email, if the customer clicks on the link which should take them to their invoice details the screen says the shopping cart is empty. Is there a fix to this?

Thanks in advance and thanks also for a great contribution.

• 3 weeks later...

Using PWA 1.2.5 I noticed that when checking out using PWA, "Logoff" and "My Account" still showed in the breadcrumb trail. If I clicked on My Account, it showed every purchase made using PWA. They would be other people's orders with their order details. Not good. If I then clicked "Show all orders" it would show every order made using PWA.

So I edited /includes/header.php so that if PWA was selected, "My Account" would not show, and "Logoff" would be changed to "End Session". Some customers were wondering how it was possible to log off if they had not created an account in the first place. End Session seems more reasonable if using PWA. The "End Session" can be changed to whatever you want. It probably should be a variable declared in english.php, but I have multiple shops to update and this was easier for me.

I am not a php pro, so if you find errors, let me know as I'd like the fix myself. I'm using a heavily modified 2.2MS2. I wanted to post this code in case someone else needed it.

In /includes/header.php

Find

<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   </td>

Replace with

<td align="right" class="headerNavigation">

<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('pwa_array_customer')) { ?>   
	 <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo 'End Session'; ?>
	 </a>  |  
	  <?php } 

elseif (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?>   
	 <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?>
	 </a>  |  
	  <?php } ?>

<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('pwa_array_customer')){}else { ?> 
	 <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?>
	 </a>  |  
	<?php } ?>

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?>
	 </a>  |  
	 <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?>
	 </a>   </td>

I am a newb. please help! I just completed installing the PWA1.2.3 . when I click on "add to cart" , it goes to a page with three options, which is right. However, if I click on "order without account", it will go back to the "add to cart" page. How can I fix this problem?

I tried posting this before and I did not get any answer. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dan

I am a newb. please help! I just completed installing the PWA1.2.3 . when I click on "add to cart" , it goes to a page with three options, which is right. However, if I click on "order without account", it will go back to the "add to cart" page. How can I fix this problem?

I tried posting this before and I did not get any answer. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dan

I did answer you in that other thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, I have same problem: guest accounts remain after buying and several clients returned and choose to pay without account. The problem was that they could not use same e-mail, because their old Guest Account was still in database.

Is there a way to AUTOMATICALLY delete guest account after a time? ... after buy confirmation, or something?

Thank you