• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account (CVS 2.2 091702)

gnehc

Nothing happens when checkout, no options for purchase without account when I insert Your scripts and insert define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT', 'Order_Info.php'); in application_top.php

Where are your functions called in login.php? Cant find them?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that, in the commotion it looks like I left one minor thing out of the ReadMe. You have to go into the /catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/login.php and add several definitions for the text.

Here is a copy of my /catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/login.php file:

<?php

/*

$Id: login.php,v 1.11 2002/06/03 13:19:42 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['origin'] == FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT) {

define('NAvb script:session_win();">[More Info]</a>');

?>

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

I am going to sit down this morning and work out all the files that need to be in the new Mod, I just realized there is a new button probably more needs to be done. All apologies to any frustrations this has caused, the new mod should be up this afternoon.

Mike

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

The new mod is up and ready, I'm pretty sure its all there sorry if no. Its listed under the Contributions as 'Purchase Without Account v.0.55'.

--Good Luck 8)

Installed Modules:

I just installed this mod version 55. It worked first time 9 for a newbie this was like wining the lotto) I have just one question. If i try to login using my account into the quick checkout it does not take me to my account but say error no match for email and/or password. I was able to change that text to say "we have found a match in our database please log in to your account". So problem solved for now.

If it is supose to take a customer who has already registered to their account why is mine not doing this or is everyone having this little problem.

Over all this is great and a big thanks to man behide the idea.

If its true that you have to have an account to use the download files function on oscommerce, then you might have to make some modifications in order for it to work. This mod was simply for a client of mine selling merchandise in a shopping cart so I wasn't concerned with downloads.

Cobra, I'm glad you found the mod useful. As to your question, I'm not sure I fully understand the nature of your inquiry. Are you saying that if you login, then shop, then checkout with the "Proceed Directly to Checkout" option that you get an error? Not sure, anyway I tested my site and I can't get it to return an error no matter how I login/checkout. May be different for your site though as I have some options disabled.

Mike

Installed Modules:

Mike, You might like to change the welcome message on your site too as it seems to imply you must have an account:

'Welcome To Real Cool Cooler Bags, LLC?

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?'

hi and thanks for the reply, Yes the mod is great and no a error as in a error page. I wil try to explain better.

If i use the quick shop account and use my acccount details i.e my name and email address i get taken back to the page with the 3 options (logign in, creat account, direct checkout) but on the top of these options is a text that says "no match found for email and/or password".

As I said i was able to find this text in English/login.php and was able to change it to say "we have found a match for one of your details please loginin to your account"

i just though after reading the text file that if this was to occour (email match) that the customer would be loged in automaticlly.

It is not a big thing and as I was able to change the text so at least the customer gets an explaination it works fine as it is. I was just wondring if I had done something wrong.

thanks again for the support and keep up the great work, unpaid you might be, but unappreciated!! you and guys like you are not.

TJ

Thanks for the tip on my welcome page, I still have to work out some minor details and make the site more cohesive.

I now get what you are saying about using the quick checkout option for a person with an account. I think I'm going to make the mod you made to your site to change the error message...its actually quicker to login if you already have an account, then you don't have to fill in any information at all, but that's not apparent unless you have already been through the process once.

I think I might change the text on the login page to make the three options say, "1) New User - Quick Checkout 2) New User - Create Account 3) Registered Users". Not sure yet, but I think something that would make it more apparent to a new customer as well as returning customer what each option is.

Any ideas?

Mike

Installed Modules:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all OSC Users!

Sorry for my bad english, but school is a long time ago.

The one and only question i have is:

Which Contribution is easier to put in a OSC Shop? Purchase without a Account V.1.2 or Version 55?

Thanks for your answer?s

Bye

Tobi who is really tired.......... :wink:

I built this mod on an April snapshot. It doesn't work on anything later than May from what I can tell. I have this feature operational on my site and the majority of my customers use it. The perception being: account = saved personal information. Not good for many people. Checkout without account = enter minimal info to get my product. Good for most people. Huge difference as far as I'm concerned.

I am now working to upgrade my shop's code base to the "fully loaded" version available thru phesis. I am using v.55 as the basis for my new "without account" feature.

Basically, there are four cases you need to make work.

Case 1. customer purchases without account comes back and pruchases again w/out acct. Creates a record in the Customer table and doesn't duplicate upon successive orders. This works out of box with v55.

Case 2. purchase w/out account. Return, now purchase by creating account. Currently get error message: "E-mail address already exists." I need to fix this so that a returning without account customer may choose to now create an account without causing that email conflict.

Case 3. create account and purchase. Return, now purchase w/out acct. Currently get error message: "ERROR: No match for 'E-mail Address' and/or "Password".' I need to fix this so a customer with an account may choose the without account option (they forgot password and don't want to wait to get it via email).

Case 4. create account and purchase. Return, now purchase again after logging into their account. Out of the box OSC.

In summary, I will be working over the next couple of days to fix Cases 2 and 3. Hope to then deploy new code base and put this piece together for a contribution.

Mark

Mark

Isnt it as simple as just prefixing the email address of a guest customer with a symbol such as '_'

e.g. Account Customer = [email protected]

Guest Customer = [email protected]

This would also solve one more problem - any attempt to email the guest would normally fail.

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

I can have the purchase confirmation sent from my credit card company branded to my shop. By the way - your suggestion worked for both the cases I was trying to solve. I used srand to generate a four integer random number and prefix the email address with "xxxx_". Customers who use the functionality of purchasing without account now have their emails entered into the database like [email protected]

Mark

Mark

I also did that trick with the random numbers, but the problem is that the confirmation email is being sent to the corrupted email as well. So I need to have a way to store the emails with random numbers (no problem) but then have all parts of the site remove them again if when the email is actually used. I'm working on it.

So far, I have achieved this by integrating your solution back into the core files and adding some if statements. I am still working on the items with * shown but you can see it in operation in my site.

1) A Guest can checkout without making an account, their password is generated by the computer as a random number so not even we know it. All their details are stored as normal and we can see them in Admin, email them updates to the order etc

2) The Guest account stays open until either they log-off, or for 20 minutes after they close down Internet Explorer (e.g. Session Timeout)

3) After a Guest account closes down, it can never be opened again as nobody knows the password, not even us. So it will just stay on the system as a pointless account until we delete it.

4) After a Guest Account closes down, the guest will need to create a new Account to use the store again. All details from any old accounts will be lost to them ? e.g. they cannot see their previous purchases, see alternative delivery addresses, their name and address will need to be typed in again etc etc.

5) A Guest can make as many accounts as they like using the same email address whereas a registered customer cannot.

*6) As guests can have many old accounts all using the same email address, we need a process to clean them up, delete duplicates etc.

*7) If we email out everyone on the system, we may have some duplicate email addresses unless we can clean it up first.

8 ) Guest accounts are stored on the PC just like other accounts, the only difference being that they show ?-1? log-on attempts in Admin.

9) If a Guest has only one account, they can use ?Password forgotten? to get the system to send them a new password by email ? but they will not know this of course ? and then they could log-in as a registered user, update their details etc without problem.

*10) Guests with more than one account and who use password forgotten to get a new password, cannot change their details or password in the ?My Account? part of the site as it will discover they have duplicate emails names.

*11) A Guest cannot go on to create a registered account unless we first delete all their existing guest accounts.

12) Registered customers cannot log-in as Guests.

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

Sooo... :shock:

I'm changing to the new checkout procedure in CVS that went up 10/31 (new checkout procedures).

Anybody had any problems if they already had this mod installed when upgrading? Have to "deinstall" it? Anything?

I saw that Harald was going to put the non-customer checkout (that he did during the checkout rework) into contributions but I didn't see it, or am I just missing it? :?

• 2 weeks later...

hi! i hope someone could help me. i get this error with this mod ver.0.55

Warning: Failed to Connect in c:phpdevwwwcatalogincludesclassesemail.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:phpdevwwwcatalogincludesclassesemail.php:502) in c:phpdevwwwcatalogincludesfunctionsgeneral.php on line 23

• 2 months later...

Ian,

I am very interested in your solution for the random numbers and removal prior to emailing confirmation and subsequent order status changes.

Any luck?

Thanks for the feeback in advance.

Hi

I didnt use the random number solution as it was too complex to identify unwanted guest accounts. Instead, I just prefix the old guest account emails with @_ when a new one is created for the same customer. This seems to work just fine.

Ian-san

Flawlessnet