• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account (CVS 2.2 091702)

gnehc

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mod seems to work but I can't get it integrated so it comes up on checkout. if I access the url of the mod it works. The instruction in the readme that has me stumped is:

"call 'Order_Info.php' from your login.php somewhere."

How do I do that? :D

Thanks,

Tom

PS, The readme for this mod is below.

Purchase Without Account v0.52

by Cheng

place the files into directories as appropriate

/catalog/Order_Info_Check.php

/catalog/Order_Info.php

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Process.php

if you rename the files, you will have to go into each

file and rename the corresponding call to it.

call 'Order_Info.php' from your login.php somewhere.

That should start the process of having the user create an

account. The 'breadcrumb' trail should reflect it as order processing

and not account creation. might have missed something but

not much time to check at this point.

some people might want to modify their 'header' not to show a 'logoff'.

in which case, 'Order_Info_Process.php' registers the following below 'noaccount'.

And, a 'if' statement actually checks in my 'header.php' for it. Otherwise,

it just doesn't print the TEXT link. Although the actual HTTP link is

there. ;-)

--

<?php

if (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) {

echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF;

}

?>

--

in 'Order_Info_Process.php', there is a $password that is set to

'' (empty) right now. Because, customer accounts are created with no

password. For security purposes (so no one can just guess a blank password),

you might want to set that $password to something else ...

the system will not create another duplicate account if

first/last name and e-mail address match up (that is also if the password

is either blank or what you set it to). in which case, if those first

3 match up, it will call up the information from the customer database (so

it actually doesn't matter what other informaton (state, zip, etc) that they

fill out after those 3 match up).

in case you're wondering ... i couldn't get the older version

of mark's 'purchase without account' working with the newer cvs. thus,

spent a few hours today on this.

* please don't e-mail asking for help. just post a message on the

osc forums and perhaps someone or myself will see it. and, questions/answers

posted publicly help more than one person.

If someone buying goods does not have a account -> CHECKOUT,

they're directed to the 'login.php' page. LINK the Order_Info.php

into your 'login.php' as 'Purchase Without Account' or something ...

Or, maybe I'm missing your question and it's different than what

I'm looking at.

i modificated the code to not show the selection box if the want to be a member or not. instead if customers enter a password they become automaticaly a member. if they do not enter a password they are a non-member and after a order is made the logoff page is called so their adress etc is lost and cannot be modificated.

Also the password is not set if they do not enter one.....for the best security! If they change between member and non member the password is deleted from the database.

Maybe this is inspiration for others.....

Hello

Did anybody manage to go over this:

"call 'Order_Info.php' from your login.php somewhere." ?!?! :?:

The best I get in my login file after all attempts to include the file, is:

Warning: Unable to access /catalog/Order_Info.php

Fatal error: Failed opening required '/catalog/Order_Info.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')

I also got something with 'cannot redeclare sessions', but I certainly didn't get it to work .....

Any ideas!?!?!?

OK, there is an error in the 'Readme' file .... that's why I was getting the 'sessions' type of errors ...

That's where files should be uploaded:

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Check.php

/catalog/Order_Info.php

Well, but the fun just began!!

The Order_Info can be seen, but there must be smth buggy inside the code, as when clicking on the 'continue' button, it only ends up with an Error page ..... :x

If anybody gets this work, please post your path to success here! :!:

Yes there is an error in the 'Readme' file....

This is where I uploaded the files:

/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php

/catalog/Order_Info.php

I added a link in login.php to call 'Order_Info.php' witch took me to the Order_Info.php around line 130.

***This the line that I added ***

<br><br><br><font color="#FF0000">*</font><font color="#9CBDEF"><font size="2"> By creating an account with STORE NAME, you will be eligible to participate in future promotions and special deals. To purchase without account

.<a href="Order_Info.php"><font color="#FF0000"> Proceed to Checkout</font></a><br><br>

***End of line***

You can modify this link to suet your need!

Thanks!

I finally got it working, but only after I have uploaded the files as follows:

/catalog/Order_Info.php

I think I have noticed somewere that the files are called once with the 'modules' part, sometimes without ...

Anyway, until I have double uploaded them, it did not work .....

Took quite some work to get it done, but I think the idea behind this contribution is good.

What would happen if I renamed Order_Info.php to login.php?

Is the only drawback that people would never be able to see their order history by logging in and that they'd need to re-enter their info on following purchases? If so, I can live with that.

Thanks

Tom

you can give it a try!

as far as I understood from the readme of the contribution, if they re-enter the name, surname and email a 2nd time, they will be 'recognized' so hopefully you will not get double entries ...

But I did not personally try that .....

I have a client who gets tired of having to fill out all the personal information just to make a simple purchase. he has requested me to make oscommerce with no login, and no account required to shop. I'm no expert with PHP so I don't know where to start, or how to go about it :?

I see some of you have been working on the same thing, if you get a working system it would be great if you could let me know somehow.

Thanks,

Mike

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

:x

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but when I tried to set up this mod, after having read all the posts in this forum I got it to work. Only thing is is that when you click the link from the login.php page to Order_Info.php page, you still have to fill out all the required information. How is this supposed to be more conveniant, or what is it supposed to solve. Maybe I need something else, I need to find a way to avoid having to log in, or fill out personal information in order to make a purchase. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd be glad to hear it.

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

well, you still have to fill in a form, but no password is required!

if you want less info on the form, you can try to work on that, but I think that whatever you do, you still need a name & an address (otherwise how will you know who & where to ship the products to!??!) and an email address for confirmation ....

an updated version of this contribution was already posted I think, so you may want to check the contributions section

I checked out Purchase without accountv.53. and I can't say its very pleasing asthetically, and it kind of leaves you in the dark by saying..."just put a link to Order_Info.php somewhere on your login page". I suppose you can't really be demanding with open source material, but it would be great for us up and comers to be able to have something that had more complete instructions, or was more fully developed.

I checked out withoutaccount.1.2.zip which claims the same results. It has a much nicer interface, offering 3 options for checkout: 1) create an account, 2) sign in on existing account, 3) proceed without an account. I have had trouble getting this one to work though. Choosing any of the above options and submitting just loops me back to the login page so I'm kind of stumped at this point. I probably just need to go through the code and pick through it with a fine toothed comb to find the problem.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions they'd be welcome.

My login page is at: https://secure.cclhosting.com/~icecold/cata...talog/login.php

--Mike

Installed Modules:

Ok, so I uploaded the following:

/catalog/Order_Info.php

...then I added a link to the login.php page:

<a href="Order_Info.php">Click here to Process your Order Without an Account</a>

...voila! IT STILL DON"T WORK??!!

by saying, "call 'Order_Info.php' from your login.php somewhere. " does he mean call it as an include, or call it as in a relative link with HTML?

Anybody who has this working, please let me know how you did it.

Thanks,

Mike

Installed Modules:

Just to clarify I will list all the work I have done with Chen's mod:

Upload the following files to following directories:

/catalog/Order_Info.php

Add the following link to /catalog/login.php:

Begin*****************************

<a href="Order_Info.php">Click here to Checkout Without Registering</a>

*******************End

That's it! That's all I did, if I need to do anything else at all it would be great if someone who knows could let me know. As it is now, my checkout system is just looping. It goes from login.php, to Order_Info.php, then I can tell it opens Order_Info_Process.php in the status bar but then takes me back to login.php to start all over.

Thanks,

Mike

Installed Modules:

you'll need to use the tep_href() function otherwise the unique id that's given to the customer is not taken to the Order_Info.php page.... which it needs to identify your shopping cart.

try (untested)

<? echo '<a href="' . tep_href('Order_Info.php', '', 'SSL'); ?>">Click here</a>

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

you'll need to use the tep_href() function otherwise the unique id that's given to the customer is not taken to the Order_Info.php page.... which it needs to identify your shopping cart.

try (untested)

<? echo '<a href="' . tep_href('Order_Info.php', '', 'SSL'); ?>">Click here</a>

Mattice

ooops make that tep_href_link

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Rich,

you can find it here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,362/type,3

I wouldn't recommend this one though, I'd go with Purchase Without Account 0.53 instead. Reason being that withoutaccount1.2 was developed for an older snapshot, I believe it was back in February, the latter is for the latest build of OSCV2.2.

I've completed a mod of v0.53 of Purchase Without Account and will be uploading it soon, it will include a more thourough ReadMe, as well as a 3 option login page. I'll try to get it up there by tomarrow.

FYI:

the link to Order_Info.php that goes in login.php has to be something like the following:

<? echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('Order_Info.php', '', 'SSL'); ?>">Click here</a>

Note the tep_href_link, instead of tep_href function, otherwise returns undefined function.

If you want to get fancy you can do a tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT, '', 'SSL'); type function and then go to your application_top.php and define FILENAME_CHECKOUT as Order_Info.php. This is what I did in mine so that I could use an image button to submit the page instead of a text link. To do this you need to do a few more steps but not much, I'll be submitting all this info in the mod that I upload soon.

Mike

Installed Modules:

Hi,

Sorry about that glich, I rezipped it and listed it as Purchase Without Account v0.54-fix. You can download it here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,550/type,3

Not too sure about your question as I don't use that capability. I'm inclined to think that it would depend on which option your customer uses as a checkout method. Not too sure though about that, do some testing and let us post your results here on the forum. I'd be interested to know what you find out.

Mike :wink:

Installed Modules: