• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zone Shipping by State, Ver. 1.0

Skittles

Hi All,

I just downloaded and installed this according to the instructions (I believe, some of the instructions are ambigous to me).

I tried to set this up with only 2 zones

for ($i = 1; $i <= $this->num_zones; $i++) {
	$default_states = '';
	$default_rates = '';
	if ($i == 1) {
	  $default_states = 'AL, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FM, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MH, MD, MA, MI, MB, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY';
	  $default_rates = '100:11.00, 200:12.00, 300:13.00, 400:14.00';
	}
	if ($i == 2) {
	  $default_states = 'AK, HI';
	  $default_rates = '100:26.00, 200:27.00, 300:28.00, 400:129.00';
	}

and when I enter in a new address for either Alaska or Hawaii, it still gives me the continental US pricing.

Where am I going south here, pun intended.

Thanks in advance,

Don

EDIT: I just turned of the Table Rates and only have "Zone Rates Within USA" on and when I try to checkout it does not list ANY shipping method and of course, gives me an error if I try to continue.

Don, You may want to try and PM Anita. She usually answers pretty quickly here. Not sure why shes not

replying to the question. Also, I'm not sure if she updated all the files since last time I spoke with her.

Be sure to give a link to this topic.

Hi, I've read the entire topic and I was wondering how to chose the shipping method to use? I've looked at the USPS and UPS contrib then I came across yours. We have accounts for UPS and USPS but how does Zones work?

I'm new to this and our store is not yet online but maybe you could help me select the best method. We will be selling car parts mostly in the U.S.

Any thoughts would be helpfull.

Felipe de la Rosa

Hey Felipe,

I think one of the reasons this mod was made was because when you go through UPS & USPS they also

include options like letters, etc...

And this was for a more simple shipping configuration. I would test your cart first, and see if the shipping

you already have is correct for your type of product.

Robert

Yahoo! IM: fdelarosa59

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don, You may want to try and PM Anita. She usually answers pretty quickly here. Not sure why shes not

replying to the question. Also, I'm not sure if she updated all the files since last time I spoke with her.

Be sure to give a link to this topic.

Hey Felipe,

I think one of the reasons this mod was made was because when you go through UPS & USPS they also

include options like letters, etc...

And this was for a more simple shipping configuration. I would test your cart first, and see if the shipping

you already have is correct for your type of product.

Robert

Yahoo! IM: fdelarosa59

Hi Guys.

Sorry to be incommunicado for so long. I've been a bit swamped with changes to one of my clients' sites. Darn retail. They want everything yesterday!

Then I had to travel out of town Saturday for another client. (Had to teach him how to use the Admin). And my husband roped me into one of his projects yesterday, not that I really mind...

Don: It seems strange that with only this module active, nothing is showing up in the checkout process. As you describe it, that behavior sounds like the module hasn't been installed from the Admin. But I don't think that is the case.

I have this set up on my development computer, and when I use an address that is outside of this module's area this is what I get:

Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

with nothing following. Is that what you are seeing? If so, it may be that the address you are using to test with has a typo in the state name.

If that is not the case, I'll need more information to help you. But I will help you.

Felipe: This module is helpful for stores that want to have a set shipping price based on delivery location and weight of the order. It is not tied to any one shipper, or service. It allows you to set up an economy rate, where you determine at the time of shipment what is the best way to ship. Then if you have something that can go in a padded envelope and ship US Mail, your not committed to a more expensive service.

It can also be used to charge shipping based on quantities, if you set every item to a weight of "1".

For smaller stores who do not have shipping accounts with UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc., It gives them the ability to include shipping charges with the order, meaning they are more likely to make a sale. Most people don't like the idea of placing an order without knowing what their shipping charges are going to be.

-Skittles

Hi to all those who posted help and questions for my question.

Unfortunately, I removed this mod and reverted back to the default pages, so I cannot answer the replies. I tried to get this work, and I am the admin, so I am the one who installed this. I did it step by step and rechecked my changes and they were all there.

I needed a solution so I found this mod and it seems to be working for me.

Thanks for trying to help, but I cannot explain what was incorrect and how to fix it.

Don

Hi Guys. Sorry to be incommunicado for so long...

Felipe: This module is helpful for stores that want to have a set shipping price based on delivery location and weight of the order. It is not tied to any one shipper, or service. It allows you to set up an economy rate, where you determine at the time of shipment what is the best way to ship.

Hi. I wasn't sure what the end result of this was for Don... Does this module work smoothly? My situation is that I'm a Canadian company and I drop-ship some of my products from a California supplier. I was looking for a way to setup UPS module without having an American UPS account, but this kind of module may be just the ticket. If I understand properly, I could have my shipping options called 'Surface', 'Express' and 'Really Bloddy Fast' if I want, and then if I have to ship that product from Canada via Mail, of if I have to ship that item from Californail via UPS, I can decide that when I go to ship. Is that correct so far?

If so, does was Don's problems unique? Are you and others using the module without problems? I have the Canada Post module running correctly right now, but it's really only a solution for my Canada to Canada and my Canada to USA shipments. My USA to USA shipments are not calculated right now and I need a solution to that. Do you think this will do it for me?

Thank you.

Oh, and one more question if I may. :) Does this allow me to decide which products (on a product by product basis) I offer which shiping methods? In my case, some products are ready to ship and can leave same day, while others need to be programed and configured and might not be ready to leave for 3-4 days. It would be great if I didn't offer next day shipping on something that wouldn't leave for 4 days, yet to be able to offer next day on other items.

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

Todd

Hi. I wasn't sure what the end result of this was for Don... Does this module work smoothly? My situation is that I'm a Canadian company and I drop-ship some of my products from a California supplier. I was looking for a way to setup UPS module without having an American UPS account, but this kind of module may be just the ticket. If I understand properly, I could have my shipping options called 'Surface', 'Express' and 'Really Bloddy Fast' if I want, and then if I have to ship that product from Canada via Mail, of if I have to ship that item from Californail via UPS, I can decide that when I go to ship. Is that correct so far?

If so, does was Don's problems unique? Are you and others using the module without problems? I have the Canada Post module running correctly right now, but it's really only a solution for my Canada to Canada and my Canada to USA shipments. My USA to USA shipments are not calculated right now and I need a solution to that. Do you think this will do it for me?

Thank you.

inet2000,

This contribution is relatively new. I created it for one of my clients, and it is running without any problems on his site. I have also been working with a gentleman in Australia to make this work (with several custom functions) on a site for his client. Inetmarketing is also using it for a client of his.

Because Don went with another module before I could get free to help him, I don't know what his problem was. It could have been something as simple as misspelling the state in the address or having the wrong country selected, or as complex as a mistake integrating changes to files that already have several mods. We'll never know...

This contribution is basically the stock zones.php modified to use states instead of countries. You define the number of zones you need; you define the states for each zone; you can set separate handling fees for each zone; and you define the fees based on weight. The fee structure looks something like this: "10:15.00, 20:25.00, 35:30.00, 1000:35.00". Assuming you ship by the pound, everything under 10 pounds would be $15. Over 10 and under 20, would be $25, etc. If the shipment is more than the highest defined weight, the module returns an error, so the final entry should be a ridiculously high value.

This module has a test statement at the beginning of the module which could be modified to look for something other than, or in addition to the country of the delivery address. You could add a field to the product table (with supporting changes in categories.php) to indicate if the product ships from the US. Then this module could check for US delivery, and US shipping. If both are true, it would then load the module.

To use this module for "'Surface', 'Express' and 'Really Bloddy Fast'", you would need to create three versions of the file. For example: interstate1.php, interstate2.php and interstate3.php. Within each file, every instance of "INTERSTATE_" would need to be changed to reflect the name of the file (INTERSTATE1_, INTERSTATE2_, etc.) You would also need three variations of the companion language files.

You can prevent "Really Bloody Fast" from being available for some products by creating yet another field in the products table (also with supporting changes in categories.php) that could be a third test used only in the one shipping module. If the product cannot be shipped right away, this module just wouldn't be available.

Another way to work around this, perhaps a better way, is to use a disclaimer stating one or more items in the order needs to be configured, and it can take up to 4 business days before the order ships. Just because the order won't ship "immediately" doesn't mean the customer won't want to pay for the fastest method. You cover your buns, give your customer valuable information, and give them all the choices. Just plain good marketing. (IMHO)

You'd still need the extra field in the products table, indicating if the product needs to be configured. You'd check for it during the checkout separate from the shipping modules and display your disclaimer regardless of whether the product was going canada-canada, canada-usa, or usa-usa.

I'd make sure to display it on both the shipping page and the confirmation page. And in the order confirmation email, too. If you go that route.

I hope this helps you decide if this contribution will get the job done.

-Skittles

Most excellent reply!

I'm starting to put the pieces together, and you're detailed reply was very helpful, thank you. I'm not a PHP programmer, but did LOTS of programming in other languages in years gone by. Of course, being new to OSC and knowing everything there fits is a puzzle in itself. I think I'm pretty much good to go here, with the pointers you've given me here.

Something I've been searching for the last couple hours for. When I go to checkout, it properly displays the shipping options....

Canada Post (1 box(es) to be shipped)

Priority Courier, 2007-01-23 $15.06

Expedited, 2007-01-23 $7.48

Regular, 2007-01-24 $7.48

Zone Rates

Shipping to CA : 2.75 lb(s) $8.50

But, where is the actual strings of the shipping method - 'Canada Post' and 'Zone Rates' held? If I do the multiple interstate as you suggest, then I'd want the methods to be called descriptors of 'Econo' and 'Fast' and not 'Zone Rates'. Thank you.

Edited by inet2000

Most excellent reply!

I'm starting to put the pieces together, and you're detailed reply was very helpful, thank you. I'm not a PHP programmer, but did LOTS of programming in other languages in years gone by. Of course, being new to OSC and knowing everything there fits is a puzzle in itself. I think I'm pretty much good to go here, with the pointers you've given me here.

Something I've been searching for the last couple hours for. When I go to checkout, it properly displays the shipping options....

Canada Post (1 box(es) to be shipped)

Priority Courier, 2007-01-23 $15.06

Expedited, 2007-01-23 $7.48

Regular, 2007-01-24 $7.48

Zone Rates

Shipping to CA : 2.75 lb(s) $8.50

But, where is the actual strings of the shipping method - 'Canada Post' and 'Zone Rates' held? If I do the multiple interstate as you suggest, then I'd want the methods to be called descriptors of 'Econo' and 'Fast' and not 'Zone Rates'. Thank you.

inet2000,

Because osCommerce is written to accommodate multiple languages, the scripts use constants that are defined in separate language files.

Language files are located in [catalog/]includes/languages. For each supported language there is one file for each page, located in a sub-directory named for the language, which contains the constants specific to that page. The script page and the language page have the same name. Additionally, there is one general file named for the language, (i.e. english.php) in the main languages directory.

osCommerce is distributed with English, Spanish and German already installed.

The language files directory structure mimics the directory structure of the catalog files. For example, the shipping module file interstate.php is installed into the [catalog/]includes/modules/shipping directory. The English language file, also named interstate.php, is installed into the [catalog/]includes/languages/english/modules/shipping directory.

Using a text editor, open the corresponding shipping module language file, and change the definitions to suit your usage. If you will be using multiple languages, you will need to modify the same file for each language.

The "Zone Shipping by State" contribution contains all the new files, and install directions. It only supports English, however, because my Spanish isn't very good, and my German is virtually non-existent. :)

-Skittles

The "Zone Shipping by State" contribution contains all the new files, and install directions. It only supports English, however, because my Spanish isn't very good, and my German is virtually non-existent. :)
Well, ne habla espanol, ni Spreken zie Deutsch either. :) However, your ability to explain things in English is VERY good. I appreciate your help here. I had been looking for language files, but I didn't understand that each php could/would have it's own matching php language file. Thank you.

Hi Skittles,

This looks like a great contrib. I am hoping that you can help me understand it better. I need it to give me 3 zones across the US, but I don't use weight, I use order total. I experimented a little with it by putting the price of the item in as its weight, however, the system seems to add onto the amount that I put in there. Is there any other way I can modify this contrib to use order total?

Thanks in advance for any help. I really need this zone thing as I have some bigger items that really get pricey to ship across the country for me, but I don't want to charge that much for customers closer if I don't have to. Are there any other contribs that do what I need? I can't find one, unless I don't understand what they are explaining it does. All the other contribs seem to talk about countries, not states. I am still a newbie at some of this.

Thanks again,

Leslie

Hi Skittles,

This looks like a great contrib. I am hoping that you can help me understand it better. I need it to give me 3 zones across the US, but I don't use weight, I use order total. I experimented a little with it by putting the price of the item in as its weight, however, the system seems to add onto the amount that I put in there. Is there any other way I can modify this contrib to use order total?

Thanks in advance for any help. I really need this zone thing as I have some bigger items that really get pricey to ship across the country for me, but I don't want to charge that much for customers closer if I don't have to. Are there any other contribs that do what I need? I can't find one, unless I don't understand what they are explaining it does. All the other contribs seem to talk about countries, not states. I am still a newbie at some of this.

Thanks again,

Leslie

Leslie,

A simple change in the module will allow you to use the order total instead of weight. I modified the module for three zones with this change and tested it on my development server. PM me your email address and I'll send you the file. You'll still need to make your changes based on what states go into which of the three zones.

The additional values you were seeing are controlled in Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging.

1. "Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship": 50 by default. Divides the weight total into multiple packages of 50 each. The code then multiplies the shipping cost for 50 by the resulting "number of packages".
  2. "Package Tare weight": 3 by default. Weight of packaging over and above the weight of the product(s). Value is added to weight.
  3. "Larger packages - percentage increase": 10 by default. Multiplies the cost by 10 percent.

However, if you use the modified version of Zone Shipping by State that I'm sending you, and remove the values you put in the product weight field, you won't need to make any changes in the these options.

On the other hand, if you enter real weights in the product weight field so that you can use other shipping modules, you'll need to adjust these values accordingly.

You should modify the product weight field, removing the price values. Here's a quick and easy way, if you have access to phpMyAdmin for your database:

Open phpMyAdmin.

Open your database by selecting it from the drop-down menu on the left.

In the right frame, look for a tab labeled "SQL" and click on it

There should be a text entry field, with the label "Run SQL query/queries on database" followed by the name of your database. Cut and paste the following two commands into the text field and click on the "Go" button.

ALTER TABLE `products` DROP `products_weight`;
ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_weight` decimal(5,2) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `products_date_available`;

This will first remove the field from the table, then add the field back into the table with a value of zero.

If you will be using the actual weights, you will need to go back in and add them, but the "overweight" values of the product prices will not affect your shipping costs in the meantime.

Talk to you soon,

-Skittles

Hi Skittles,

Thanks so much for your help! This will make my life much easier. If you could email that info to: [email protected], I would greatly appreciate it. I only added a false weight to 2 products to mess with it, so no big deal in removing that info. Gee, for not being a "programmer", you sure know how to work these files!

Thanks Again,

Leslie

Hi Skittles,

Thanks so much for your help! This will make my life much easier. If you could email that info to: [email protected], I would greatly appreciate it. I only added a false weight to 2 products to mess with it, so no big deal in removing that info. Gee, for not being a "programmer", you sure know how to work these files!

Thanks Again,

Leslie

Leslie,

I just sent you an email with the modified files. Let me know if you don't receive it. Some times messages with code files attached get rejected by the mail host. (I renamed them as text files, to email them, but you never know...)

As for knowing how to work these files, I know just enough to be dangerous! :lol: Mostly I just use trial and error on my development install to figure what the snippet of code is doing, then try changing it to get my desired results. I spend a lot of time researching php and mysql commands via Google, too. And I'm too stubborn to give up easily...

-Skittles

Hi Anita,

I know, I ended back up here, please don't hammer me.

I tried a bunch of different shipping mods, and I have not found one to do what I wanted and I am back here, where I belong, I guess.

I put your mod up on my test site, so I don't tick off my customers and the bosses! Here is what I am 'trying' to do with this

8 Zones Total (the international is the 9th zone and your instructions tell me that I can handle that with another mod)

USPS

1) Standard for the continental US

2) Priority for the continental US

3) Standard for Alaska and Hawaii

4) Priority for Alaska and Hawaii

UPS

5) Ground for the continental US

6) Next Day Air for the continental US

7) Ground for Alaska and Hawaii

8) Next Day Air for Alaska and Hawaii

and I am only getting 2 zones in the admin window, although there are 8 sets of text fields in the window, but only the first 2 have the labels (ie "Zone 1 States" - "Zone 1 Shipping Table" etc.)

In your instructions, you show how to modify the number of zones "$this->num_zones = 8;" and then the loop for the shipping info "if ($i == 1) {

$default_states = 'AL, AZ, ETC"

So I entered all of my zones, and I assumed that data would be reflected in the admin window.

But it wasn't and now I get those "blank" fields. What did I mess up?

Thanks,

Don

Hi Anita,

I know, I ended back up here, please don't hammer me.

I tried a bunch of different shipping mods, and I have not found one to do what I wanted and I am back here, where I belong, I guess.

I put your mod up on my test site, so I don't tick off my customers and the bosses! Here is what I am 'trying' to do with this

and I am only getting 2 zones in the admin window, although there are 8 sets of text fields in the window, but only the first 2 have the labels (ie "Zone 1 States" - "Zone 1 Shipping Table" etc.)

In your instructions, you show how to modify the number of zones "$this->num_zones = 8;" and then the loop for the shipping info "if ($i == 1) {

$default_states = 'AL, AZ, ETC"

So I entered all of my zones, and I assumed that data would be reflected in the admin window.

But it wasn't and now I get those "blank" fields. What did I mess up?

Thanks,

Don

Don,

Your "mess up" is more a misunderstanding of how this module works.

To use this module to accomplish the objective you've outlined, you will need to create multiple copies of the module with two zones each.

Here's why: Each zone consists of a group of states, with a rate table for that group based on the weight of the order.

During the checkout process, this shipping module is passed address information: country, state, etc. If the country is the US, it then compares the state with the contents of each zone. If the state isn't in the first zone, it looks in the second, and so on until it finds a match. (If it doesn't find a match, it returns an error message)

If you put the same state into two or more zones, it will never find the second and subsequent locations.

What you can do is create 4 versions of this module. for example, interstate1.php, interstate2.php, interstate3.php, and interstate4.php. For this to work, each version needs to be modified so that the class and the function are also named interstate1, interstate2, etc., and the constants also start "INTERSTATE1_", "INTERSTATE2_", etc. You also need a language file for each, and this is where you enter "USPS Standard" and "USPS Priority".

When installed like this, there will be four separate shipping options listed, each with it's own label, and the cost of shipping using that service for the weight of that order to that delivery address. For example:

USPS Standard
Shipping to OR (2 lbs)  $6.50

USPS Priority
Shipping to OR (2 lbs)  $8.00

UPS Ground
Shipping to OR (2 lbs)  $10.00

UPS Next Day Air
Shipping to OR (2 lbs)  $25.00

It's not the most elegant solution, but it will get the job done. And you can add other shipping services (UPS 3 Day Select, UPS 2nd Day Air) by simply adding another module for each service.

If you decide to try this, be sure and uninstall the module before making any changes. Or to be on the safe side, go into your sql management program (phpMyAdmin?) and browse the records of the configuration table. Delete every record with a configuration_key that starts with "INTERSTATE".

I'd also recommend creating, installing and testing one module at a time.

Let me know if I can help.

-Skittles

I think I follow but I have a couple of clarifications.

In the Cat->Inc->Lang->Eng->Mod->Ship Interstate1.php I changed it to...

define('INTERSTATE_TEXT_TITLE', 'USPS');

define('INTERSTATE_TEXT_SECTION_TITLE', 'Ground');

define('INTERSTATE_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', '');

define('INTERSTATE_TEXT_WAY', 'Shipping to');

define('INTERSTATE_TEXT_UNITS', 'lb(s)');

define('INTERSTATE_INVALID_ZONE', 'Invalid Zone');

define('INTERSTATE_UNDEFINED_RATE', 'Undefined Rate');

and in the Cat->Inc->Lang->Mod->Ship Interstate1.php I changed it to...

Line 23 app.

$this->code = 'interstate1';

Line 31 app. to

$this->num_zones = 2;

lines 111 - 121 app. for the 2 zones...

if ($i == 1) {

$default_states = 'AL,

1) for the continental US (USPS Ground)

2) for the other 2 states (USPS Ground [i know that the truck cant physically go to Hawaii])

Out side of the phpMyadmin db changes, am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Don

I think I follow but I have a couple of clarifications.

In the Cat->Inc->Lang->Eng->Mod->Ship Interstate1.php I changed it to...

define('INTERSTATE_TEXT_TITLE', 'USPS');

define('INTERSTATE_TEXT_SECTION_TITLE', 'Ground');

define('INTERSTATE_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', '');

define('INTERSTATE_TEXT_WAY', 'Shipping to');

define('INTERSTATE_TEXT_UNITS', 'lb(s)');

define('INTERSTATE_INVALID_ZONE', 'Invalid Zone');

define('INTERSTATE_UNDEFINED_RATE', 'Undefined Rate');

and in the Cat->Inc->Lang->Mod->Ship Interstate1.php I changed it to...

Line 23 app.

$this->code = 'interstate1';

Line 31 app. to

$this->num_zones = 2;

lines 111 - 121 app. for the 2 zones...

if ($i == 1) {

$default_states = 'AL,

1) for the continental US (USPS Ground)

2) for the other 2 states (USPS Ground [i know that the truck cant physically go to Hawaii])

Out side of the phpMyadmin db changes, am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Don

Don,

You're getting close.

In the Cat->Inc->Lang->Eng->Mod->Ship Interstate1.php, change it like this:

define('INTERSTATE1_TEXT_TITLE', 'Zone Rate for States, USPS');

define('INTERSTATE1_TEXT_SECTION_TITLE', 'USPS Standard');

define('INTERSTATE1_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'USPS Standard Rates by State');

define('INTERSTATE1_TEXT_WAY', 'Shipping to');

define('INTERSTATE1_TEXT_UNITS', 'lb(s)');

define('INTERSTATE1_INVALID_ZONE', 'Invalid Zone');

define('INTERSTATE1_UNDEFINED_RATE', 'Undefined Rate');

INTERSTATE1_TEXT_TITLE is the title shown in your Admin, in the right column.

INTERSTATE1_TEXT_DESCRIPTION is also shown in the Admin, in the list of modules.

INTERSTATE1_TEXT_SECTION_TITLE is the title, or label, of the service displayed during checkout.

In the module, every instance of "interstate" needs to be changed to "interstate1", and every instance of "INTERSTATE" needs to be changed to "INTERSTATE1". Rather than take up a lot of space here, I'm attaching the interstate1.php file already modified for your application.

You can use it to guide you when making changes for the other three.

-Skittles

interstate1.php

By George, I think I've got it!

You are awesome!

I got all the zones in and I added a region mod for outside the US and it all seems to work like I want.

Thank you for taking the time and explaining it, I have a much better understanding of the shipping module in general.

Don

By George, I think I've got it!

You are awesome!

I got all the zones in and I added a region mod for outside the US and it all seems to work like I want.

Thank you for taking the time and explaining it, I have a much better understanding of the shipping module in general.

Don

Don,

You're welcome.

I'm a firm believer in educating each other. I believe we'll all get better at this if we share the why, as well as the how.

And when you understand how the code works, it's easier to find and modify all the snippets of code that need to be changed for any given contribution. Takes less time, and is far less frustrating! ;)

Good luck and have fun!

-Skittles

Within a few minutes of this post, I will be uploading the contribution "Zone Shipping by State, Ver. 1.0".

I am starting this thread first so I can include the URL of this topic with the contribution description. Once the file is posted, I'll come back and include a link to the contribution.

This contribution is specifically for shipping within the United States and the only language file included is for English. (Sorry, I'm not bi-lingual...)

However, it should be relatively easy to modify for use in other countries.

This contribution can be used alone, or with the standard zones.php included with osCommerce, with a simple one line modification to zones.php.

When used together, only one or the other will display, based on the country of the shipping address.

This contribution is working on a site that is days away from going live, at which time I'll post the URL.

-Skittles

The contribution is here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4703

Can I use this to ship from Fl and CA at the same time, depending on where you live? I wantto divide the USA in half and ship from both places...

Can I use this to ship from Fl and CA at the same time, depending on where you live? I wantto divide the USA in half and ship from both places...

yourchoc,

I don't see why not. It sounds like you want to ship to the west half from California, and to the east half from Florida.

Let's say you want to charge $5 to ship a 1 lb item to anywhere in AZ, CA, OR, and NV, shipping from CA, and $5 for the same item to anywhere in FL, AL, GA, and SC from FL.

You would define Zone 1 States with "AZ, CA, OR, NV, FL, AL, GA, SC", and Zone 1 Rates might be something like "2:5.00, 4:7.50, 6:10.00..." etc.

Or you could define the west and the east in two separate zones, if there was a difference in the shipping rates:

Zone 1 States "AZ, CA, OR, NV", Zone 1 Rates "2:5.00, 4:7.50, 6:10.00..." etc.

Zone 2 States "FL, AL, GA, SC", Zone 2 Rates "2:5.00, 3:6.50, 4:8.00..." etc.

You can create as many zones as you need. But you can't add them later, without first uninstalling then reinstalling the module.

Let us know how you make out.

-Skittles

Don,

You're welcome.

I'm a firm believer in educating each other. I believe we'll all get better at this if we share the why, as well as the how.

And when you understand how the code works, it's easier to find and modify all the snippets of code that need to be changed for any given contribution. Takes less time, and is far less frustrating! ;)

Good luck and have fun!

-Skittles

Hi Anita,

I got this installed and seemed working, but I notice that when I try to check out, the sub total is $0.00 and the Total is just the shipping charge (when I purchase as an out of state) person.

Any ideas what happened or what I may have messed up?

Thanks again,

Don

Hi Anita,

I got this installed and seemed working, but I notice that when I try to check out, the sub total is $0.00 and the Total is just the shipping charge (when I purchase as an out of state) person.

Any ideas what happened or what I may have messed up?

Thanks again,

Don

I am still stuck on this.

Anyone, please.

Thanks,

Don

Hi Anita,

i am very interesting to know if i could use this module for an online shop in Spain, i would like to define different shipping prices depends on weight and Zone (Provinces), I think this module could help me in that,

Additionally to that, I would be interesting in finding a developer for installing it,

thanks,

Miguel

Edited by villanueva