• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct Operation Questions

khime

Hi there, at the moment our site uses HSBC epayments which requires a redirect to their site.

We are thinking of using Protx Driect to keep customers within our site and we are wondering what peoples experiences are with this.

I know that alot of sites these days keep the customers on the same site to make it look more professional.

If we change to Protx Direct and install the Protx Direct Contribution what is the normal proceedure for customers because we havent seen it in action yet

a) from checkout_confirmation.php does the customer go to another page and enters their card details only? By that I mean all the delivery address and billing address are automatically entered for the customer?

B) What happens in case of card detail error? By that I mean if customers enter the card number incorrectly, does the page auto refreshes to inform that the card details are incorrect and askes them to enter again?

c) What happens in the case of suspected fraud? Does the customer get rejected immediately or do they put in a review state? In HSBC epayments, sometimes they put in the wrong address sometimes so the customer doesnt automatically get rejected, they just get put into "fraudshield" for us to ring them up to confim address, etc

d) What happens if the customers card is declined? does the protx direct inform that to the customer and ask for another card?

* Any other comments or if there are common problems encountered by you then please let me know

** Anybody willing to save a screenshot of their Protx direct in action for me to look at, I'd much appreciate it

Thanks

Simon

Edited by khime

I've been using protx direct for over a year now and very pleased with it.

Customers enter their card details on checkout_payment and after confirming on checkout_confirmation the payment is processed invisibly behind the scenes*. If the transaction is successful then they are simply redirected to checkout_success. If the card is declined by the bank or is invalid they are bounced back to the checkout_payment page with an error banner explaining why.

In cases of incorrect billing address (i.e. an AVS error) or incorrect CVV number the normal process is that they are again bounced back to checkout_payment with an appropriate error message. You can change the AVS / CVV checking rules within the Protx admin area on Protx's website - e.g. if you like you can disable the automatic bounce for AVS/CVV failure & use DEFERRED transactions to hold payment until you can call an check with customers - although this is not the normal way.

HTH,

Tom

* Except if you have 3D-Secure enabled for extra fraud prevention and the customer's bank supports it. In this case they do leave you site briefly - but only to enter their 3D-Secure password on the card issuing bank's site then back again.

• 5 months later...
In cases of incorrect billing address (i.e. an AVS error) or incorrect CVV number the normal process is that they are again bounced back to checkout_payment with an appropriate error message.

I am doing some testing with the test card numbers for the protx direct contribution. When I use the test number for, say, the visa card and I choose mastercard in the drop down list on the payment page, I am able to progress onto the order confirmation stage but when I click to comfirm the order it does not checkout and instead comes back to the payment page.

This is expected behaviour BUT there is no red banner or error message saying what the reason was. Is this supposed to happen (i.e. no error message) - or should there be a message? There seem to be quite a few cases when the checkout fails and it comes back to the payment page, but there is no message explaining why. I am trying to work out if this is standard behaviour or whether its my setup...

Cheers,

Reuben

I got it to work by changing line 77 in protx_process.php as follows:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_TEXT_AVS_CVV_ERROR), 'SSL', true, false));

to:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'payment_error=protx_direct&error=' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_TEXT_AVS_CVV_ERROR), 'SSL', true, false));

Then the protx returned errors come up in the rex box when redirected to the payment pages. This is in the same way as if you make a mistake in the test CC number on the payment page.

Reuben