Sign in to follow this  
brahms2

Free shipping

Hello...

I just installed the Freeamount 3.5.

Thanks for your contribution...

I have 2 questions... maybe you could help.

1. The default initial minimum sum for getting free shipping is $30.

Even if I chnge it in the admin to something else in the OSC it still has the $30.

Where can I change that value?

2. If the sum exceedes that limit and we get the free shipping ( the economy ground one) I loose the UPS (XML) air 2 days option... that was initially listed.

How could I still keep that option listed when I have the free shipping enabled?

Many thanks in advance!

Theodore

Hi Theo. I have just installed version 3.5c ( the d version dated 6 Dec is boogered up...the files install as hidden and mess up the admin panel, not to mention it didn't work. :)

So first upgrade to 3.5c that alone may solve your problems

1. The default initial minimum sum for getting free shipping is $30.

Even if I chnge it in the admin to something else in the OSC it still has the $30.

Where can I change that value?

That number is set in the admin screen in modules, shipping. You set the threshold and you set a max weight that you are willing to ship free.

2. If the sum exceedes that limit and we get the free shipping ( the economy ground one) I loose the UPS (XML) air 2 days option... that was initially listed.

How could I still keep that option listed when I have the free shipping enabled?

That is not happening to me with 3.5c. I also use UPSXML , In fact it was a plesant surprise for me because ,on occasion, I get a large order that needs to be overnighted. I hope I helped a bit.

What Im trying to do is set a price for an item for shipping as the standard proce for $7.95, if they decide to purchase more producst I want to only charge them $3.95 for each additional item. Is this possible an how?