• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Loaded Version of osC inserting a random product on checkout

Hey all..

ok this is the deal.. I configured, and installed the osC (the "loaded" version) and everything seems to work fine expect.....

When I order something. the checkout is complete.. I click confirm.. but when it displays the Product Notifications it adds an extra product which was NOT in the shopping cart. Now if that was the only case I would not mind, but it is adding that "random" product to the order database.. making it seem as though the buyer actually bought that product as well.. Now no price is added to the new product and the order confirming the order, does NOT show that. Account order history does show it though...

Any ideas?

For those who want to test it.. you are more than welcome to check it out at the development server http://24.96.20.77:8000/

Thanks all for your help.. as this seems another night without any sleep... :shock:

Can't reproduce this. Made a couple of orders with no problems.

If this happens to you, is it dependant on cart contents, total cost. Can you post some more info e.g. your cart contents, whether the 'ghost' product is random or always the same. Have you modified your installation at all

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

Yeah.. It seems to have been a database hickup.. dont ask me why or how.. but rebooted the system.. (unfortunately Win32 environment) and it seems to be working fine.. :wink:

Thanks for your reply

It is not about that.. but it is easier .... I mean you make changes to the files.. you don't have to wait to upload every single file... you change.. you just save it .. Much easier.. I have cable connection.. it is not due to dial up.. but it is much easier... no need to upload.. it before you can see changes... :roll:

I always use my test server to make changes, then if I like the way the changes go, I will save them and upload them.

This just stops you messing up your main site by tinkering with it all the time.

Very good for a test bed if you have the opportunity to set one up.

Plus things like Foxserv make it very esys indeed if you dont have loads ot time to plow into making your test server work.

CC.