• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canada Shipping

alexv

There will be 4 main zones for shipping: Canada, USA, Europe and International (others)

- Can I configure that without using a contrib?

- If not, what contrib(s) should I use?

I think I have to charge taxes on some zones, at least for Canada. So that option should be there.

I will be using Canada Post as the preferred shipping carrier.

If possible, have an option for the customer pick up.

For Canada contribs, how could I compute dimensions in the equation? Does it mean I need to specify them for each product? How can it calculate the shipping fees if they are no dimensions?

Are fees auto-updated with a web site or I need to enter them manually?

Thanks

Alex

Edited by alexv

I forgot to mention that if available, it should be possible for the customer to choose between different services for the delivery like Ground Shipping, AirMail, ExpressPost, etc.

Edited by alexv

I installed the following modules:

- World Zones

- Canadian Shipping Module

- Local delivery option

- Customer Pickup Option

It's all up and running. Thanks to the authors of these great contributions!

I have the following minors problems when using them from the front end. I say minors because they don't block the customer to place correctly an order.

Problem 1:

- The sort order attribute is not taken into account. No matter what values are entered, the modules are displayed in what seems the order they appear in the admin console.

Problem 2:

- I get the following error in the logs when using the Canadian Shipping Module:

Log <<<<<

PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of fsockopen(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/httpd/vhosts/infoencans.com/httpsdocs/osCommerce/includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php on line 228

<<<<<

Source code:

Line 228: $fp = @fsockopen($host, $port, &$errno, &$errstr, 2);

<<<

Anyone has an idea how to solve this?

Thanks

Alex