• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Invitation: Get to use 100+ mods in one shot, FREE!

I have been helping others in implementing mod's on the basic installation of osCommerce, which by far, seems the best product I have yet seen among all shopping carts. Hats off to Harald, the Karma Super-Hero and the spirit of OpenSource community!

To those who are interested, I can give away 100+ mods in a .zip file via email.

Why?

Well, isn't it a pain to click-download-click-... to individually get each download one by one?

The Solution?

Get 100+ mods in one go, and get expert help too in implementing them.

Let me say, that all the mods are not mine, and only a few have been modified *without* touching the credits in source.

While I have myself installed over 50 mods with success and can share the tips and pits with everyone, I work for money too.

Here's a partial list of the mod's I have implemented (there are 100+ more I am giving away in a single package).

+FAQ System

+Customised Payment options

+Multiple Price Updates

+% Price Updates

+Enable/Disable categories

+Turn on/off right/left columns

+Change position of Info Boxes

+CSS Modification, Change colours, fonts, etc.

+Invoice Printing

+Discount Vouchers

+Gift Coupons

+Order Process Email Customisation

+Concatenated Product Description in Product Listing

+Payment type discount

+Fixed / % Payment type charge (for city wide payment pickup through courier at a charge)

+Instant image allotment to all the 100s of products in a category (useful esp. in services, where each product may not have its own image; or u are implement a 1000 product shopping cart design overnight!)

+Control/Ban Posting of Reviews

+Whos online

etc.

Please email me your need for the .zip pack as above.

- Preeti

Just upload them to the contributions area of the main site,

or post a link to a downloadable zip file from there.

If you can't provide the space to do so let me know and I'll provide it for you.

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Did you not read the forum rules?

Please provide appropriate reason why you feel it is not necessary to upload that to the contributions area. If the file is bigger than 300k, please email it to me so that I may add it for you (with your name as the author).

:heart:, osCommerce

Perhaps it might be useful to have a section on this bb where people can post their interest to do work on osC installations and mods for money (or trade-- I'm thinking of offering free stay in my guest house in the rain forest of PR).

I also hope that Preeti will post any of the mods he has created that he feels are especially good. I think that posting the mods in the contribution area is a very good advertisement for coders looking for work also.

I look at the new posted mods every day and find most of them terrific.

Perhaps it might be useful to have a section on this bb where people can post their interest to do work on osC installations and mods for money (or trade-- I'm thinking of offering free stay in my guest house in the rain forest of PR).

I also hope that Preeti will post any of the mods he has created that he feels are especially good. I think that posting the mods in the contribution area is a very good advertisement for coders looking for work also.

I look at the new posted mods every day and find most of them terrific.

If this is just a package of contributions, then I don't see how it can be useful.

Is it an osc snapshot with these mods pre-installed. Have you added any extra instructions on getting the mods working.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

I think it would be a good idea if their is a section on this forum where people can request and offer OSC related services. We have one on our Interchange forum and it works well without abuse.

Would bring a lot less questions to this forum if some people could pay a small fee to have some work done on their OSC store

Woe Woe Woe Woe Woe!!

Why the hell is this turning into a commercial debate??

There is only one group mainly that posts have been made up about on here and we will NOT now mention their name, cos they do not need anymore help.

OSC is OPEN SOURCE, do with it what you will, but the forums here are not for touting business!

It makes me sick to think we could have people on here competing for business, when the guys in the core team develop this for you to use FOC!!

C'mon people show some respect!

Why pay when the community here is so damn good they will help YOU DO IT YOURSELF for free??

Please dont continue to ask for commercial business to be brought here... this is a place to learn about OSC and ask questions etc...

And the mods Preeti is offering will be nothing more than a bunch of hacks from the contributions section that have been zipped together.

If he hasnt updated them to the latest snapshot, or if you are using an older version you will be in lots of trouble if you do not know what you are doing!

My advice, go to the contributions section and read about them yourselves, see if you want them, and if you do download them FOR FREE!

CC.

I recommend getting any mods from the contribution section as well. If you get them from an outside source there is no way of knowing what code may have been altered, this makes it difficult for the author or anyone else to help you here. The only other places I've found that are safe to pick up mods are from Ian's and Linda's sites, and this is only because they are active members of this community (plus the stuff they distribute is their own work).

In short, if you pick up this 'loaded' version don't come here when you have problems with it.

Just my 2 cents.

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."

-- Andrew Jackson

In reference to some other observations in this thread, I have to say that I include only the *latest versions* of all mods into my 100-strong zip pack. And since I am not distorting any credits or codes for personal projection, I guess my help is a big time saver for everyone around. The total zip pack is about 1.5mb in size and I am sending it to everyone who requests by email.

- Preeti

Dunno why anyone would want 100plus mods when you can download them here in the contribution section.

Is this a 100 + mod loaded TEP snapshot?

If not then i dont see whats the point.

Would be nice to have a 100 + mod loaded snapshot with a list of the mods thoe.

Hi Illicious!

My intention was only to let people save time spent in downloading all the mods. The present system of downloading mod's is cumbersome in the way that one can download only one mod at a time. Now, my pack has all the latest mod's bundled in one .zip file and after one bulk download of 1.5mb, one can easily select which mod's to implement at will. If you were to download all these mod's individually, you would spend 4 hours only in downloading them!

As for the loaded snapshot of osC, I don't agree. Let's say a mod'ed snap shot has "Login Box on Main Page" mod installed. What about a webmaster who doesn't want this mod? Isn't it more difficult to uninstall, than installing a mod?

C'mon, you have all to gain with the 100+ mod's in your hand at one time!

-Preeti

Hi Illicious!

My intention was only to let people save time spent in downloading all the mods.  The present system of downloading mod's is cumbersome in the way that one can download only one mod at a time.  Now, my pack has all the latest mod's bundled in one .zip file and after one bulk download of 1.5mb, one can easily select which mod's to implement at will.  If you were to download all these mod's individually, you would spend 4 hours only in downloading them!

As for the loaded snapshot of osC, I don't agree.  Let's say a mod'ed snap shot has "Login Box on Main Page" mod installed.  What about a webmaster who doesn't want this mod?  Isn't it more difficult to uninstall, than installing a mod?

C'mon, you have all to gain with the 100+ mod's in your hand at one time!

-Preeti

Thats the thing thoe.

100+ mods i guess is ok but i dont see it so difficult to choose the mods you want and download from the contributions section.

Yea its easier in the way where you get to download just one time but in a way it can be faster or slower depending on what the user wants and what connection speed he/her has. I dunno how you gathered all the mods but when you download one the ZIP doesnt really give ya a detailed explanation on what its for unless you unzip it first.

As for the 100+ modded snapshot yea its true what about thoes who wouldnt want it but there are plenty who would.

There could be like 10, 50 or 75 modded snapshots types too.

I see your point thoe.

Good job

• 1 year later...

So here I am, reading this thread many months later and I get the zip file.

How do I know what mods and bugfixes have been made to these contributions?

Answer: I have to go to the contributions site, and more often than not d/load a more up to date version.

<_<

Many Thanks,

Steve

In order for the integrity of the contributions to be accurate, you should never go to another site for downloading. You never know what has happened while someone else has them. I am not saying I do not trust the individual, however my concern is for my site as well as for my customers' site, that I can verify the integrity of the files and contributions I install.

i think it would be a good idea to make each month a zip package all the monthly contrib posted that contain a folder for each contribution, here is for instance what i do , a folder containing:

the name of the contribution

the contrib downlaod page url

the contrib page saved in html

the folder with the contribution

exp:

folder name : Visitors v1.7 - MS1 and MS2

texts froum the *.url file : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,949

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72775&st=0

contrib new version folder : 01062004 - Visitor Web Stats V1.7a - MS1 and MS2\

zip file of the new contrib

printed version of the forum discussion : print.htm

what do u think of this idea ?

MS2

• 1 year later...

preeti any news of your work , is it still available ?

it s true that we lack different option , can harald or mattice tell me about the implementation of :

- a list or csv file with all the contribution, contrib page link, zip link, and forum support link

- an option to be informed if a new version or a changement in the page has been changed (a notification)

ill post maybe those idea in the main forum

MS2

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
you idiots, you don't seriously expect to get a reply like 4 years later do you?

and the previous post to yours was two years ago.