• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Images appear on website but not in directory...

Haitashi

Hello Everyone!

I'm downloading my site via FTP to have a local copy of the site. The problem is that the images directory (store/images) that I keep downloading is missing images.

These missing images can be seen on the site and what's even more strange is that when I see the properties online of these images, they appear to be in the IMAGES directory.

For example: I have an image called "hector01.jpg" that belongs to a product. When I browse the site I see this image and when I view its properties I see that it's in the store/images directory. But when I download that directory onto my PC or when I explore it with my FTP client, "hector01.jpg" can't be seen anywhere.

I've refreshed my FTP connection a couple of times with the same results.

Has this happened to anyone else?

If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then why worry about it?

Your host has limited the number of files that will show in an ftp directory. You will need to contact them and ask that they increase that number. Some will - some won't.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...
Your host has limited the number of files that will show in an ftp directory. You will need to contact them and ask that they increase that number. Some will - some won't.

Jack

That's exactly what it was. They had a limit for security purposes. They increased slightly for me and the problem was resolved.

If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then why worry about it?

Archived