• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscExtraImages Support

superFreakE

I have been using your oscfilebrowser. Boy, do I love that thing! I cannot believe that it is not a standard part of osc!

In oscextraimages, when I first tried to install, it was giving me sql syntax errors. (I just copy/pasted fron the install file) Knowing nothing about sql, but desperately wanting multiple images (and trying to keep my contributions 'all in the family' so to speak), I got into the sql tab and added to the product table the 'product_images_1 (64)null etc. Don't know if I did it right, but I didn't get errors. :P

The one thing that I am trying to figure out right now, is how to change where the images line up. Right now they are just running down the right hand side. I would like to be able to position them. I thought about getting into the 'more pics' code to see how it was done in there (another incredible contribution by the way), but I know so little PHP that it will take me quite a while to figure that out.

Thankyou for starting this thread!

learn...love...laugh...live

I spoke too soon. It seems that I had residual More Pics still installed, and when I removed all of that, I no longer have multiple images showing. I also have sts 4 installed. Is there a placeholder that I should be using to get the pictures? Filebrowser works flawlessly, and I am able to choose multiple pictures, they just don't show on the web page (although they show in triplicate on the admin side - trying to track that). I have gone through all of the install steps again to make sure that everything is still there. I am missing something here.

Any help, much appreciated,

anje

I am not getting my images to show up as thumbnails in the images list in the little uploader. They are somehow linked to: catalog/admin/includes/filebrowser/images/mimetypes/image.png not to /catalog/images/ where all the images are being uploaded to. Need help. Thanks!

I know next to nothing about PHP, but I will throw my two cents in anyway.

In the oscfilebrowser readme.doc it says:

4. Modify /admin/includes/configure.php

Around line 25 change:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

to the path relative to the admin folder.

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', '../images/');

I would go to the file and make sure that it was pointing to the correct path. I changed mine to read a specific directory that I created for my photos. Other than that I would start with step 1 and make sure everything was where it is supposed to be.

I really hope this solves it for you. It is a wonderful tool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

can help me on "oscFileBrowser" contribution?

I try to reply on oscFileBrowser but got error msg.

How can I defide this FILE & UPLOAD path?

define("FILE_PATH","/var/www/files/catalog/images/");
define("UPLOAD_PATH","/var/www/files/catalog/images/");

what is the correct path if my catalog folder are in c:/easyphp/www/catalog/ ?

are these is the right code for my config.php file?

<?php
// Specifies the path to your image folder. DON'T FORGET THE TRAILING SLASH!
define("FILE_PATH","c:/program files/easyphp1-8/www/catalog/images/");

// If your files are OUTSIDE of the web root, leave this blank.  If
// your files are INSIDE the web root, set this to the URI which
// corresponds to FILE_PATH above.  DON'T FORGET THE TRAILING SLASH!
define("FILE_URI","/catalog/images/");

// If you wish to allow file uploads, specify the path into which
// file uploads should be saved.  Otherwise, leave this blank to disable
// uploads.  DON'T FORGET THE TRAILING SLASH!
define("UPLOAD_PATH","c:/program files/easyphp1-8/www/catalog/images/");

// Web path admin folder from web root folder. This is usually '/catalog/admin/' or '/admin/'.  DON'T FORGET THE TRAILING SLASH!
define('ADMIN_PATH', '/catalog/admin/');

// Web path to images folder from admin folder. LEAVE TRAILING SLASH OFF HERE!
define('CATALOG_IMAGES_PATH_REL_TO_ADMIN', '../catalog/images');

// Webserver-writable temporary path for scratch space.
// DON'T FORGET THE TRAILING SLASH!
define("TEMP_PATH","/tmp/");

// Path to your ZIP application
define("ZIP_BINARY","/usr/bin/zip");

?>

thanks in advance.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having problems with filebrowser not adding folders or showing images. Everything else works great. I can add and image, but when I try and click the image to view I get an error "Invalid filename: [/www/public/images/products/2.jpg]". And when I try and add a folder it does nothing after you click ok to add. But I can upload files and I can add it to the product.

Any help???

~~~Rob

Sounds like permissions. Have you tried setting all the folders and files to 777.

I had a similar issue and when I reset the permissions on everything from "/images" down it solved it.

Jim

I'm having problems with filebrowser not adding folders or showing images. Everything else works great. I can add and image, but when I try and click the image to view I get an error "Invalid filename: [/www/public/images/products/2.jpg]". And when I try and add a folder it does nothing after you click ok to add. But I can upload files and I can add it to the product.

Any help???

~~~Rob

• 2 weeks later...
I've installed this, and for some reason, every time I try to upload any picture at all, it says status:failed. The permissions are all set to 777, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Well I;ve got it uploading now, but it's just not showing up in the actual product_info.php page. This page is supposed to show two images. - http://zaowebdesign.com/store/catalog/prod...;products_id=28

Any insights?

Can you tell us what the issue was for your first problem so as to help other users?

Regarding second image, I can only suggest double checking all the code entries. I can't really do anything without seeing the admin area.

Well I;ve got it uploading now, but it's just not showing up in the actual product_info.php page. This page is supposed to show two images. - http://zaowebdesign.com/store/catalog/prod...;products_id=28

Any insights?

Can you tell us what the issue was for your first problem so as to help other users?

Regarding second image, I can only suggest double checking all the code entries. I can't really do anything without seeing the admin area.

Did you add this bit? Note in catalog section (not admin).

2. Modify catalog/includes/configure.php

Insert at ~ line 37:

// make sure this number matches the number of image fields in the data base

define('NUM_EXTRA_IMAGES', 4);

• 1 month later...

Hi Lisa

I copied this from another topic - sounds like the problem you are having:

unexpected T_CASE means you have a case statement that has somehow become disconnected from it's switch. I am making the assumption you have recently installed a new contribution when this problem came up, at least that is the most frequent cause for this type of issue.

Carefully go over the steps you performed when you added the contribution.

Walk through each of the case statements in the file, ensure that each is complete and you haven't stuck your code in the middle of one.

Go back to your back up of the page and perform the steps again, being very deliberate with your tasks.

These are all simple basic trouble shooting steps to isolate the problem, which will help you not only for this particular problem, and also with those that happen to crop up in the future.

Regards

Jim

• 3 months later...

Hello,

its a great contribution! But one thing I'm missing: I want to see the extra images in the categorie-tree, but I don't get them into an array. I tried like that (categories.php -round line 1044):

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . tep_info_image($pInfo->products_image, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br />' . $pInfo->products_image);

for ($x=1; $x<=NUM_EXTRA_IMAGES; $x++) {

$ls_fieldname = "products_image_".$x;

eval("\$lsproductkey = \$pInfo-> " . $ls_fieldname.";");

if (tep_not_null($lsproductkey)) {

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . tep_info_image($lsproductkey, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br />' . $lsproductkey);

} // end if

} // end for

But all I see is the first picture, not any extra picture...

Maybe someone out there has any idea, what I did make wrong.

Regards

Tommy

• 5 months later...
Sounds like permissions. Have you tried setting all the folders and files to 777.

I had a similar issue and when I reset the permissions on everything from "/images" down it solved it.

Jim

I am having kind of a similar problem with this wonderfull contrib. Everything works fine, except for the creation of new folders. Nothing happens after adding a new folder. I've tried refreshing, checking serverside via FTP. Every single file/folder (including the images folder itself) is set to 777.

Anyone? This seems to be one of the most appeiling features to get order into complete chaos :blink:

Lars

Life is good...... but not for me ;-)

Al Bundy

• 4 months later...

With a new install of osc I completed the install and all went well until I select the "Choose File" in the product editor.

The popup errors with

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /osc/admin/includes/filebrowser/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I checked the permissions on the index.php in the filebrowser folder as well as the folder itself. they are the same as all other index.php files in oscommerce install.

The website comes up and so does the admin,

What else to check.

I FOUND THIS in the .htaccess file in the admin/includes folder

#<Files *.php>

#Order Deny,Allow

#Deny from all

#</Files>

Edited by alsmith

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to OSC and the mods, but I love the sound of superfreaks extraimages mod and I have been seduced into adding the filebrowser first in order to get the extraimages mod to work.... therein lies the issue - I can't get filebrowser to work!

I have gone through the instructions, installed the filebrowser files and made the modifications to the others. However, after doing all that, I am only getting a blank box when I click on the choose file link. So now, I am unable to add any images at all to my products - unless I go back to pre-filebrowser set up.

Yes I am on a unix, yes I have GD Image Lib installed and I have double and triple checked all of my settings in the config and configuration files. The paths all seem to be fine.

I would really appreciate some assistance before reverting back to life without file browser.....

Should I post some code here for you to look at?

TIA

Sol

Edited by ssnb

OK well, that was easy.... solved it myself.... for anyone who is lost as I was, best to go through the whole thing again, and when it comes to step 5. Modify /admin/includes/filebrowser/config.php - you better look at some of your other files to ensure that you have the precise var/www/html/store or whatever link !

Working great now......

Now onto extra images mod :-)

So I think I have the ExtraImages package installed correctly (that is I'm not getting any errors anywhere)

... BUT (and this might be a very silly question, but it doesn't seem to be answered anywhere) - how do I actually add the extra images to each product? All I see on the product page is the "choose file" text and a single box for the image path.

Where exactly am I able to assign extra images to the product?

Thanks

Sol

Edited by ssnb

• 3 weeks later...

If you had followed the instructions properly you should get extra image fields in the admin area. Sounds like you left a step out. Try going over the instructions again.

Jim

So I think I have the ExtraImages package installed correctly (that is I'm not getting any errors anywhere)

... BUT (and this might be a very silly question, but it doesn't seem to be answered anywhere) - how do I actually add the extra images to each product? All I see on the product page is the "choose file" text and a single box for the image path.

Where exactly am I able to assign extra images to the product?

Thanks

Sol

• 4 months later...
With a new install of osc I completed the install and all went well until I select the "Choose File" in the product editor.

The popup errors with

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /osc/admin/includes/filebrowser/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I checked the permissions on the index.php in the filebrowser folder as well as the folder itself. they are the same as all other index.php files in oscommerce install.

The website comes up and so does the admin,

What else to check.

I FOUND THIS in the .htaccess file in the admin/includes folder

#<Files *.php>

#Order Deny,Allow

#Deny from all

#</Files>

I'm having a similar problem, I get a 403 Forbidden error when trying to launch the filebrowser from the "add a new product" page. There is no .htaccess file in the admin/includes folder or anywhere else on the server.

The filebrowser does work from the Admin>Tools section.