• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Direct 2.06 Support thread

Roaddoctor

I do not recall that problem ever being posted as it relates to this module. more details and examples may help. What other contributions have you installed recently? Check your Tare weight of course....

I have not installed any recently. Tare weight is set to one. I will have to play with it more, I can't leave it live for long becuase the shipping will be off. I was hoping for a quick fix.

Thanks.

I have the exact same issue. We do not ship on Saturdays, although we take orders then. The FedEX module quotes as if we were shipping Saturday - a higher rate which may scare off customers and cause us to charge more than the rate when we ship on Monday.

How do we get rid of Saturday quotes? Or did I miss this in the instructons? RTFMS? I'll look again.

TIA.

Martin

Yes thank you. Imagixx and Dimon have come up with a solution to prevent saturday surcharges from reaching the customer. This feature can be turned off or on in admin. I will post this solution today as 2.07.1 and is a completely an optional upgrade for those using 2.07. If you ship "Ground" only, this update will not effect you. If you use any of the other fedex delivery methods and do NOT want saturday surcharges added to saturday shipping quotes, this patch will help you.

Only one file to change.

In file catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

find this around line 416:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Tier 2 Discount Percent', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER2_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE', 'NONE', 'Enter the integer number of discount percentage for Tier 2 Ground MultiWeight Discount.', '6', '27', now())");

ADD below it:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Saturday Shipment', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SATURDAY_SHIPMENT', 'True', 'Saturday Shipment enabled or disabled?', '6', '28', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

find this around line 439:

return array('MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_STATUS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ACCOUNT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_METER', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_CURL', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_DEBUG', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_WEIGHT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SERVER', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ADDRESS_1', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ADDRESS_2', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_CITY', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_STATE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_POSTAL', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_PHONE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_DROPOFF', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TRANSIT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_LIST_RATES', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_INSURE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_RESIDENTIAL', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ENVELOPE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_WEIGHT_SORT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIMEOUT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_MAX_WEIGHT','MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_MAX_QUANTITY_OF_SHIP_BOXES','MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TAX_CLASS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER1_DISCOUNT_WEIGHT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER1_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER2_DISCOUNT_WEIGHT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER2_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SORT_ORDER','MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ZONE'); //zone change

CHANGE to:

return array('MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_STATUS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ACCOUNT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_METER', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_CURL', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_DEBUG', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_WEIGHT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SERVER', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ADDRESS_1', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ADDRESS_2', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_CITY', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_STATE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_POSTAL', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_PHONE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_DROPOFF', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TRANSIT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_LIST_RATES', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_INSURE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_RESIDENTIAL', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ENVELOPE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_WEIGHT_SORT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIMEOUT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_MAX_WEIGHT','MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_MAX_QUANTITY_OF_SHIP_BOXES','MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TAX_CLASS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER1_DISCOUNT_WEIGHT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER1_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER2_DISCOUNT_WEIGHT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER2_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SATURDAY_SHIPMENT', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SORT_ORDER','MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ZONE'); //zone change

find this around line 597:

$data .= '50,"' . $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'] . '"'; // Recipient country

ADD below it:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//	Was modified 25-05-2007 by
//	Dimon Gubanov aka dadsim,
//	[email protected] 
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  if(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SATURDAY_SHIPMENT == 'False'){
	$dataInfo = tep_db_fetch_array(tep_db_query("select case when weekday(now()) = '5' then date_format(date_add(now(), interval 2 day),'%Y%m%d') else date_format(now( ),'%Y%m%d') end as data"));
	$data .= '24,"'.$dataInfo['data'].'"'; // Ship Date
  }
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//	End of dadsim's modification
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thats it!!

To install:

1. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!

2. Write down or otherwise save the current data and settings of your FedEx account.

3. Remove the module in admin.

4. Upload the new file or file changes

5. Install the updated module in admin.

6. Enter the information you saved from step 2.

Done!

I will post this to the contribs as well. All credit to dadsim and imagixx!

-Dave

I am looking to add the ability to offer free shipping, on a per product basis, using this module. The problem I have run into in trying to edit the module is that I can't figure out how I can go about only giving free shipping for Home Delivery and Ground.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might accomplish this?

can anyone confirm that fedex gateway may be down at the moment?

Getting

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: (lots of numbers here)

Data returned from Fedex for Rating:

aka ... nothing.

I'm not sure how to test their server to see if indeed they're up and running or if there's some system glitch on my side..

Thanks

I am looking to add the ability to offer free shipping, on a per product basis, using this module. The problem I have run into in trying to edit the module is that I can't figure out how I can go about only giving free shipping for Home Delivery and Ground.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might accomplish this?

do you mean like this - to stop all quotes except for home and ground?

$this->domestic_types = array(
//			 '01' => 'Priority (by 10:30AM, later for rural)',
//			 '03' => '2 Day Air',
//			 '05' => 'Standard Overnight (by 3PM, later for rural)',
//			 '06' => 'First Overnight', 
//			 '20' => 'Express Saver (3 Day)',
		 '90' => 'Home Delivery',
		 '92' => 'Ground Service'
		 );

-Dave

do you mean like this - to stop all quotes except for home and ground?

$this->domestic_types = array(
//			 '01' => 'Priority (by 10:30AM, later for rural)',
//			 '03' => '2 Day Air',
//			 '05' => 'Standard Overnight (by 3PM, later for rural)',
//			 '06' => 'First Overnight', 
//			 '20' => 'Express Saver (3 Day)',
		 '90' => 'Home Delivery',
		 '92' => 'Ground Service'
		 );

No, I actually need the shipping to return as 0.00 for 90 and 92, but to calculate normally for the others. I did manage to accomplish this by setting a flag for a product with free shipping, then setting the cost for 90 and 92 to be 0.00 when the flag is true. That works fine when there is only one product in the cart. But it doesn't work when there are items in the cart that have free shipping and some that don't.

Roaddoctor,

I actually have this working, even if there are items in the cart that are free and some that are not. The only last hiccup for me is that when the cart has items that are free and some that are not, the Ground/Home delivery shipping is being double. That I have not been able to figure out.

Fedex Direct: Commercial Vs. Residential Shipping Quotes SetupGreetings all!

We have installed this module and it works great!

My question is regarding Fedex quote results that are commecial rates vs. residential. My client wants this to be residential which is 3-5% higher. I have contacted Fedex and they are looking into it. Is there anything in the module to query for residentail rates? Any help is appreciated. I will post any information i get from Fedex.

Thanks!

Mike in Burbank

Fedex Direct: Commercial Vs. Residential Shipping Quotes SetupGreetings all!

My question is regarding Fedex quote results that are commecial rates vs. residential. My client wants this to be residential which is 3-5% higher. I have contacted Fedex and they are looking into it. Is there anything in the module to query for residentail rates? Any help is appreciated. I will post any information i get from Fedex.

Thanks!

Mike in Burbank

I believe only "ground" vs "home" differentiate for residential delivery surcharges, and this module already accomodates that by giving Ground rates if the Company Name Field is filled in, or Home rates if Company name is blank.

There is another contribution out there that will allow you to change that to a comm/res check box for the customer to select. I do not use it though.

You could also just use the add surcharge feature within the mod to capture your desired 3-5% on all quotes. This mod is very flexible in that regard.

if you only want "Home" rates and never "Ground" you could also do this (I think)

Change:

'92' => 'Ground Service'

to

//			 '92' => 'Ground Service'

-Dave

Help!

I have installed the Fedex Shipping Module, but get this error when I try and test it:

No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down

I think I have everything installed correctly: curl, openssl... Here are some excerpts from my server info from inside oscommerce:

php settings: '--with-curl'

curl settings: libcurl/7.13.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7f zlib/1.2.2.2 libidn/0.5.15

Is this all I need to verify to get this working? I have all the appropriate information (Name, Address, Phone, etc) in the module. I have my fedex account number entered. Am I supposed to call them to get this working?

Can anyone help?

Help!

I have installed the Fedex Shipping Module, but get this error when I try and test it:

No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down

I think I have everything installed correctly: curl, openssl... Here are some excerpts from my server info from inside oscommerce:

php settings: '--with-curl'

curl settings: libcurl/7.13.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7f zlib/1.2.2.2 libidn/0.5.15

Is this all I need to verify to get this working? I have all the appropriate information (Name, Address, Phone, etc) in the module. I have my fedex account number entered. Am I supposed to call them to get this working?

Can anyone help?

Have you received a meter number (it happens automatically if FedEx has approved your account for online api...)

and yes sometimes you have to talk to fedex to get it to work, sometimes you don't. It all depends on your relationship with fedex. See previous posts regarding how to get setup without going thru heck.... contact a fedex business rep etc...

-Dave

Does this work on Windows NT? My boss's server is a dinosaur and I am having a devil of a time getting cURL to work. I'm starting to wonder if it might be the operating system.

I have no idea. my server is linux. sorry.

-Dave

I got an old enough version of curl.exe and the libraries to run it. Now I get a new error message: "No data returned from Fedex, perhaps the site is down". I turned debug mode on and got this:

"Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"122351823"498,"9226247"8,"MA"9,"02155"117,"US"17,"02180"16,"MA"50,"US"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"2.0"1529,"1"1415,"5.95"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"1"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating:"

Could this still be related to curl not working?

I got an old enough version of curl.exe and the libraries to run it. Now I get a new error message: "No data returned from Fedex, perhaps the site is down". I turned debug mode on and got this:

"Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"122351823"498,"9226247"8,"MA"9,"02155"117,"US"17,"02180"16,"MA"50,"US"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"2.0"1529,"1"1415,"5.95"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"1"99,""

No, more likely is that your account with FedEx is not authorized for API access. There is an earlier post in this thread that discusses the best approach to gaining API approval via your FedEx Business Rep, and avoiding the tech support route...

-Dave

Your cURL is fine

see this post #152

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1080008

-Dave

Thanks Roaddoctor.

I lined out "// '92' => 'Ground Service'" in includes>>modules>>shipping>>fedex1.php and it took out "Ground Service" as a shipping option.

So I want to try your other idea to remove the company name. Is this in the general configuration of the shopping cart? I don't see this option to modify in the Fedex Direct module.

Oh... I could also add a surcharge for each sale. With this option allow a percentage (say 3%) instead of a fixxed dollar amount? Using a percentage would work with all weights and i will sleep tonight! :)

Thanks all for your comments.

Mike

Fedex Direct: Commercial Vs. Residential Shipping Quotes Setup

Greetings all!

Thanks!

Mike in Burbank

Oh my gosh help

I followed all instructions but now I have errors all over the place here

I never saw instructions on Admin/Modules.php

Here are the errors I have

Includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php)

Failed to open stream no such file or directory on line 128

Parse error parse error, unexpected T_double_arrow

in home/pillows4/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php on line 68

I have no idea what I did or what is wrong help someone

Warning: main(/home/pillows4/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pillows4/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/pillows4/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/pillows4/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 128

The only two errors left help please!

Judy

Shipping Modules

Modules Sort Order Action

Warning: main(/home/pillows4/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pillows4/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/pillows4/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/pillows4/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 128

MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TEXT_TITLE

Flat Rate 0

Per Item

Table Rate

United States Postal Service

Zone Rates

Module Directory: /home/pillows4/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/

MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TEXT_TITLE

MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TEXT_DESCRIPTION

This is what shows in Admin Modules Shipping

The only two errors left help please!

Judy

Perhaps you didn't copy the file catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php from the FedEx module package to your /home/pillows4/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping directory. Check this.

Perhaps you didn't copy the file catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php from the FedEx module package to your /home/pillows4/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping directory. Check this.

:thumbsup: God Bless you that's exactly what I didn't do.

Judy

Greetings all!

I'm still working on adjusting API rates from FEDEX. I have learned that the rates offered will depend on your arrangement with them: see my posts.

Anyway, I have a new problem where my admin shipping options give the foloowing errors:

Warning: main(/home/suedon/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1_line.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/suedon/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(/home/suedon/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1_line.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/suedon/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/suedon/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1_line.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/suedon/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class fedex1 in /home/suedon/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1_line.php on line 15

The admin shipping options had worked before and I have not made any changes. I have deleted mentioned files and reposted, but the error remains. Anyone have an idea what is happening? An insight is appreciated! :)

mike