• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Direct 2.06 Support thread

Roaddoctor

Im having an issue with shipping. I'm using Fex Ex shipping module and I have one product that is pretty heavy and big in size and needs to be broken down into 3 boxes to be shipped. Is there any way to have it broken down into 3 boxes with each different weight for this one single item??

This is going to sound odd, but how do I explain to the Fedex Web Integration people that I have an API installed in my cart and that all I need is to be able to use their test server for quotes? I went through a whole long thing yesterday where I explained it to them but they still insisted I download their API, etc.

What's the best way to get their cooperation or explain what I need from them?

Thanks in advance.

-Kevin

Take a different route. Just contact a Fedex business "account rep", explain your business, tell the rep your all set to go, you just need your account activated for pulling quotes online. Let the rep get you set up. Never hurts to try to negotiate better rates, especially if you have some expected volume. Usually the rep will have a tech person contact you only if you request assistance.

-Dave

Im having an issue with shipping. I'm using Fex Ex shipping module and I have one product that is pretty heavy and big in size and needs to be broken down into 3 boxes to be shipped. Is there any way to have it broken down into 3 boxes with each different weight for this one single item??

You would have to NOT use the "ship seperate" feature of this module, and rely on the standard admin->configuration->shipping/packaging parameters to set a max package weight which would break your larger package down to individidual pieces for seperate fedex quotes and rates.

Other than that, there just may be other contributions that do what you need. There is also upsxml that has dimensional capabilities...

-Dave

I changed my settings to NOT show list rates so that my store would show international shipping options for FEDEX. Now I am noticing that the rates being quoted are much lower than our actual rates. A customer just selected FEDEX for shipping to Australia. The rate displayed to him was

International Economy (4-5 days) $50.67

International Priority (1-3 days) $53.21

He selected the Priority option. Now we go to ship the package and login to our fedex account only to find these rates quoted (for the same address and weight)

FedEx International Priority® $88.36

FedEx International Economy® $85.19

Well, needless to say this is quite a big difference. Now we have to call the customer to discuss a cheaper shipping method or charging him more money for the shipping.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? It seems the domestic rates are quoted accurately.

You would have to NOT use the "ship seperate" feature of this module, and rely on the standard admin->configuration->shipping/packaging parameters to set a max package weight which would break your larger package down to individidual pieces for seperate fedex quotes and rates.

Other than that, there just may be other contributions that do what you need. There is also upsxml that has dimensional capabilities...

ok in the admin->configuration->shipping/packaging the max package weight is set to 50, where is the ship seperate in the module im not seeing it?

ok in the admin->configuration->shipping/packaging the max package weight is set to 50, where is the ship seperate in the module im not seeing it?

"ship seperate" is a check box located in your catalog->products pages. Checked will rate for fedex as a seperate package, not to be split up. Unchecked will rate per the osc shipping configuarations and should split it per your max weight settings..

-Dave

I changed my settings to NOT show list rates so that my store would show international shipping options for FEDEX. Now I am noticing that the rates being quoted are much lower than our actual rates. A customer just selected FEDEX for shipping to Australia. The rate displayed to him was

International Economy (4-5 days) $50.67

International Priority (1-3 days) $53.21

He selected the Priority option. Now we go to ship the package and login to our fedex account only to find these rates quoted (for the same address and weight)

Well, needless to say this is quite a big difference. Now we have to call the customer to discuss a cheaper shipping method or charging him more money for the shipping.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? It seems the domestic rates are quoted accurately.

Are these list rates?

Do you get international discounted rates at Fedex.com? ie the lower $50xx amounts

The API is giving the customer your negotiated rate plus any surcharge you designate.(??)

You may need to talk to your rep to sort out what international rates the API should be sending you, or what you are elidgible for.

-Dave

Hi Guys!

I need help very urgent, i am in the middle of installing Fedex Direct 2.07

Everything seem to work fine, just one problem is that, i am delivering item that need to have dimension on fedex...

and without the dimension it will not calculate the correct shipping cost for customer which is now only base on the bls...

And i know nothing about coding, so can the author or any one can possibly help me out with this contribution where i can

insert the dimension for individual products from the admin/catelog/products, and the fedEx direct automatic calculate base on the given dimension and fedex rate table?

Thanks All very much!

Great work!

Hi Guys!

Everything seem to work fine, just one problem is that, i am delivering item that need to have dimension for fedex...

and without the dimension it will not calculate the correct shipping cost for customer which is now only base on the bls...

And i know nothing about coding, so can the author or any one can possibly help me out with this contribution where i can

insert the dimension for individual products from the admin/catelog/products, and the fedEx direct automatic calculate base on the given bls and dimension from the fedex details quotes rate table?

Thanks All very much!

Great work!

Edited by akunamachata

Hi Guys!

Everything seem to work fine, just one problem is that, i am delivering item that need to have dimension for fedex...

insert the dimension for individual products from the admin/catelog/products, and the fedEx direct automatic calculate base on the given bls and dimension from the fedex details quotes rate table?

Thanks All very much!

Great work!

This module does not accomodate dimensional support. To code from scratch will be extremely complicated. -sorry

-Dave

This module does not accomodate dimensional support. To code from scratch will be extremely complicated. -sorry

Hi all;

I have osc MS2.2 and installed FedEx module 2.07. The module seems to be getting quites from FedEx with no problems. But, although I do not enter weight info for my products when I enter them into the catalog, when I ask for FedEx quotes for different products, I get the following message for all:

Federal Express (Total items: 1 pcs. Total weight: 3 kgs)

So all my quotes whether the product is actually heavier or lighter are based on 3kgs. Is this a default setting int he FedEx API (something like, if no weight info present, then assume by default the package is 3kgs).

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mardi

"ship seperate" is a check box located in your catalog->products pages. Checked will rate for fedex as a seperate package, not to be split up. Unchecked will rate per the osc shipping configuarations and should split it per your max weight settings..

yea im not seeing that at all??

Hi all;

I have osc MS2.2 and installed FedEx module 2.07. The module seems to be getting quites from FedEx with no problems. But, although I do not enter weight info for my products when I enter them into the catalog, when I ask for FedEx quotes for different products, I get the following message for all:

Federal Express (Total items: 1 pcs. Total weight: 3 kgs)

So all my quotes whether the product is actually heavier or lighter are based on 3kgs. Is this a default setting int he FedEx API (something like, if no weight info present, then assume by default the package is 3kgs).

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mardi

yes, look to admin->configuration->shipping/packaging->Package Tare Weight

I bet you have 3kgs as your tare weight. let us know.

-Dave

yea im not seeing that at all??

then you did not complete the installation all the way. Have you done the sql step?

find this line in the instructions:

1. Database

Upload file fedex1.sql.php to the /catalog folder of your oscommerce website.

Enter in your browser adress: http://"Your host"/fedex1.sql.php end press "Enter";

Delete the file fedex1.sql.php

and make sure you follow all the steps below it.

-Dave

yes, look to admin->configuration->shipping/packaging->Package Tare Weight

I bet you have 3kgs as your tare weight. let us know.

Roaddoctor.

Yes, it was the package tare weight set to 3. So, to get a somewhat accurate quote, I have to pick a value for package tare weight that would be the average shipment weight (product + packaging). Right?

Thanks

Mardi

Hi ReadDoctor

So how can i get the dimensional contribution, fedex has this quotes calculation from the detailed quotes.

are their anyway other possible way i can intergrate their dimensional quote in anyway??

Thank You for reply!

Roaddoctor.

Yes, it was the package tare weight set to 3. So, to get a somewhat accurate quote, I have to pick a value for package tare weight that would be the average shipment weight (product + packaging). Right?

Thanks

Mardi

or.... set it to 0 or 1 or your pacaging weight... then assign a proper weight to each item. that makes more sense to me, but if it works for you you could do it that way too.

-Dave

Hi ReadDoctor

So how can i get the dimensional contribution, fedex has this quotes calculation from the detailed quotes.

are their anyway other possible way i can intergrate their dimensional quote in anyway??

Thank You for reply!

To add dimensional support to this module is way beyond my basic skills. you would need to hire someone very skilled and PHP competent. you can PM me if you would like a reference to a skilled coder that could possibly help you.

-Dave

or.... set it to 0 or 1 or your pacaging weight... then assign a proper weight to each item. that makes more sense to me, but if it works for you you could do it that way too.

I tried assigning 0 to package tare weight, and the module returned an error ("No weight"). How to assign a proper weight to each item? From the catalog? I am not sure if I can weigh all the items I have in the catalog.

Thanks for your help.

Mardi

I tried assigning 0 to package tare weight, and the module returned an error ("No weight"). How to assign a proper weight to each item? From the catalog? I am not sure if I can weigh all the items I have in the catalog.

Thanks for your help.

Mardi

Tare weight is meant to equal the weight of your packaging and/or any weight you want added to every package to cover shipping overhead or whatever.

Yes every item in your catalog has a place to enter the weight you wish to assign to the item.... its down towards the bottom of the catalog item setup page.

-Dave

I got UPS XML with Dimensional Weight Support installed, but i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for modifying the fedex module to work with the Dimensional Weight also?

I got UPS XML with Dimensional Weight Support installed, but i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for modifying the fedex module to work with the Dimensional Weight also?

You would need to code it or hire someone to code it. I explored the possibility and concluded it was way too difficult a task for all but the most talented PHP gods. It wont be easy :)

-Dave

Not sure if this has been covered or not, but I am having an issue:

The total items and total weight of the cart are being doubled.

Cart weight on shopping cart page: 1 item @ 13.95 lbs

Checkout Shipping displays: Total Items (2 pcs), Total Weight: (28.9 lbs)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry

Not sure if this has been covered or not, but I am having an issue:

The total items and total weight of the cart are being doubled.

Cart weight on shopping cart page: 1 item @ 13.95 lbs

Checkout Shipping displays: Total Items (2 pcs), Total Weight: (28.9 lbs)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry

I do not recall that problem ever being posted as it relates to this module. more details and examples may help. What other contributions have you installed recently? Check your Tare weight of course....

-Dave

<br />Taking a look now. I've never noticed that but you are right... not good.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Roaddoctor has the update for this contrib to take care of this issue, courtesy of Dimon and Imagixx. Contact him.