• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Direct 2.06 Support thread

Roaddoctor

HI im geting this masage when igo troew the check out proces or click on the soping cart

1054 - Unknown column 'products_ship_sep' in 'where clause'

select products_id, products_price, products_tax_class_id, products_weight from products where products_id = '28' and products_ship_sep = '0'

[TEP STOP]

please help

Roger N

You need to run the fedex1.sql.php per the directions

1. Database

Upload file fedex1.sql.php to the /catalog folder of your oscommerce website.

Enter in your browser adress: http://"Your host"/fedex1.sql.php end press "Enter";

Delete the file fedex1.sql.php

-Dave

Hello,

I have a problem with getting international rates and Show List Rates set to True. It seems to be no problem with Show List Rates set to False on either intenational or domestic shipments and also everything seems to be fine with Show List Rates set to True for domestic shipments. However, when I try any international shipments, then I get the error:

"No Rates Returned, : "

with debug on:

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"myaccount"498,"mymeter"8,"TX"9,"77090"117,"US"17,"78960"50,"FR"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"2.1"1529,"1"1415,"1600.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"5"1529,"2"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1133,"0"99,""

So far, I tried shipments to France, Italy, and Spain and got the same error above. My store is located in US, cURL Path is set to NONE. If anyone can help me with getting the international rates working while Show List Rates set to True that would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I have a problem with getting international rates and Show List Rates set to True. It seems to be no problem with Show List Rates set to False on either intenational or domestic shipments and also everything seems to be fine with Show List Rates set to True for domestic shipments. However, when I try any international shipments, then I get the error:

with debug on:

So far, I tried shipments to France, Italy, and Spain and got the same error above. My store is located in US, cURL Path is set to NONE. If anyone can help me with getting the international rates working while Show List Rates set to True that would be greatly appreciated.

I wasn't able to duplicate the error. If you go to Fedex.com and login, then prepare the same shipment, do you only get a Your Rate, or do you get a Your Rate and a List rate?

-Dave

I wasn't able to duplicate the error. If you go to Fedex.com and login, then prepare the same shipment, do you only get a Your Rate, or do you get a Your Rate and a List rate?

Hi David,

Once I'm logged into FedEx Ship Manager on FedEx.com and prepare any international shipment, I can hit "Get courtesy rate" and I see both the list rate and the discounted rate with no problem. But once at my site, I can get international rates only with List Rates set to False, otherwise it returns the error. I have no idea why it's not returning list rates. I would really appreciate if you could help me with the problem.

Thanks in advance.

How do I get the module to quote shipping rates for packages to be delivered the next business day?

What I am noticed today when comparing the rates of the module to that of fedex.com is the module is quoting shipping of packages that day, which today is Saturday, thus higher shipping costs. My packages are only shipped during the week when rates are lower.

I got a quote on fedex.com on a shipment going out same day (Saturday) and the rates matched. When I selected the next business day (Monday), the rates were lower.

Any help on getting the module to quote next business day rates?

Thanks!

I have this module installed and everything seems to be fine for domestic shipments. When I try international shipments then I get the error

turning on debug shows....

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"29857xxxx"498,"7708705"8,"NV"9,"89102"117,"US"17,"62100"50,"FR"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"1.8"1529,"1"1415,"169.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"5"1529,"2"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1133,"0"99,""0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1133,"0"99,""

If I choose an address in Russia I get the debug response.

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"29857xxxx"498,"7708705"8,"NV"9,"89102"117,"US"17,"107150"50,"RU"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"1.8"1529,"1"1415,"99.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"5"1529,"2"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1133,"0"99,""0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1133,"0"99,""

My store is located in the US. If anyone can help me get the international rates working that would be greatly appreciated. I called fedex and they said I should be able to pull the international rates.

OK I have duplicated the error.

US to International rates are not working when prices set to LIST.

Temporary work around is to use Show List Rates False... ya I know not a good answer/

Darn FedEx must of changed something because it used to work.

-workin on it-

-Dave

Temporary work around is to use Show List Rates False... ya I know not a good answer/

-workin on it-

Thanks David. I hope you'd be able to find a solution. Also, I added another feature that checks if it was an error with the rates and emails to admin. However, it seems to be not working properly. Can you please also take a look at that? The modifications are below.

if (tep_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = tep_image($this->icon, $this->title);

else {

switch (MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ERROR_ACTION) {

case 'Email':

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_first_name') && tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$error_msg_heading = 'This error log was generated when customer ' . $_SESSION['customer_first_name'] . ' (Customer ID: ' . $_SESSION['customer_id'] . ') checked out on ' . date('Y-m-d H:i') . ": \r\n\r\n";

}

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, 'FedEx Error Log ' . date('Y-m-d H:i'), $error_msg_heading . $error_msg , STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

case 'None':

$error_msg = '';

break;

}

$this->quotes = array('module' => $this->title,

'error' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TEXT_ERROR_DESCRIPTION . $error_msg);

}

return $this->quotes;

}

addition to function install():

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Error Logs', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ERROR_ACTION', 'Email', 'If FedEx kicks back an error, how do you want to display it? (Email to store owner, display to customer, or none)', '6', '25', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Email\', \'Display\', \'None\'), ', now())");

addition to return array():

'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ERROR_ACTION'

-workin on it-

David-

Thanks so much for your work on this matter. I'm hoping you can find a better solution than to leave the LIST rates "false". I too have verified that the international rates ARE returned with the LIST rates set to "False" and NOT with the LIST rates set to "true".

I am anxiously awaiting your more permanent solution to this problem. Thank you again for your time on this matter.

David-

Thanks so much for your work on this matter. I'm hoping you can find a better solution than to leave the LIST rates "false". I too have verified that the international rates ARE returned with the LIST rates set to "False" and NOT with the LIST rates set to "true".

I am anxiously awaiting your more permanent solution to this problem. Thank you again for your time on this matter.

I've consulted with Dimon, the smartest code guy I know (and really nice guy to boot!) who has done most of the recent code work for this module. Here is his response summarized.

I've checked the workings of the module and it seems that this is a problem with the FedEx server.

I thoroughly studied the the FedEx documentation, specifically "FedEx Ship Manager Server The Network Shipping Solution User Guide Version 8.0" and "Tagged Transaction Guide".

The recipient country codes and the "Rate Indicator" with code 1529 for Show List Rates mode was correctly sent to the FedEx server.

But I can't understand why the server delivers a wrong result.

Incidentally the "Invalid recipient country" error is a "SOFT ERROR". "The errors in this section are warnings, not fatal errors. May indicate inability to rate some services based on the specific information provided in the Request." ("Tagged Transaction Guide" part "Transaction 125: Rate Available Services Reply").

I haven't any solution to this problem.

So it seems we all need to contact the FedEx tech support and ask them to fix their stuff.... argh :) I will do what I can but it would be good if all affected users contact FedEx for resolution.

I'll keep you posted if any progress is made.

-Dave

This is not a new problem that just popped up but an existing one, at least for me. The reason I'm saying that is that I already enquired FedEx about the problem back in September 2006.

I contacted FedEx web support and, unfortunately, they weren't been able to come up with the working solution. First, they suggested that I'm missing a courier code 3025,"FDXE" in my string, so I added the code but it still didn't work. Then, they suggested adjusting field 1529 to a value of 1, so I did with no success. Then, they suggested that the issue is most likely caused by referring to the wrong field as the net charge amount. The discount net charge amount is returned in field 1419 and the list rate net charge is returned in field 1528. So I changed those fields with no success. Finally, they said that they don't provide any programming support. That was my experience with FedEx tech support. I haven't contacted them since then.

The only work around for me was setting List Rates to False and that's what I've been using all the time. May be someone will be able to find a working solution to the problem.

I just installed fedex_direct_2.07, and I'm running into an issue I'm not sure what to do about...

I followed the directions in 207_updated_README.TXT scrupulously, right up to item #4 of the installation. At that point, the readme file says:

For the Fedex Meter Number, please use NONE when you configure for the first time. The very first Fedex rate quote will obtain a Meter number and you should use that number from then on. Please note this module sets the meter number for you, you do not ever have to change it again after setting it to NONE the first time. It actually defaults to NONE, so you do not have to actually set it.
So, I entered a test order, and took it all the way through to the Delivery Information screen. What was displayed was the following error:
Federal Express (Total items: 1 pcs. Total weight: 9 lbs) Federal Express

No meter number was obtained, check configuration. Error 5012 : Account number not in database

Now, this has to be an error on the part of either FedEx or osCommerce, because in Administration>Modules>Shipping>Federal Express, I have our FedEx account number entered, EXACTLY as it appears on our most recent invoice from them, in this format: 9999-9999-9.

So, since I have to obtain a meter number by processing a quote request, and since I can't get a meter number because somebody thinks our FedEx account number doesn't exist in their database (even though we get invoices from FedEx with that number on it), I'm kind of dead in the water with this thing. Anybody got any ideas?

I just installed fedex_direct_2.07, and I'm running into an issue I'm not sure what to do about...

I followed the directions in 207_updated_README.TXT scrupulously, right up to item #4 of the installation. At that point, the readme file says:So, I entered a test order, and took it all the way through to the Delivery Information screen. What was displayed was the following error:Now, this has to be an error on the part of either FedEx or osCommerce, because in Administration>Modules>Shipping>Federal Express, I have our FedEx account number entered, EXACTLY as it appears on our most recent invoice from them, in this format: 9999-9999-9.

So, since I have to obtain a meter number by processing a quote request, and since I can't get a meter number because somebody thinks our FedEx account number doesn't exist in their database (even though we get invoices from FedEx with that number on it), I'm kind of dead in the water with this thing. Anybody got any ideas?

Place your account in the format 999999999

remove the dashes you have. try that.

-Dave

How do I get the module to quote shipping rates for packages to be delivered the next business day?

What I am noticed today when comparing the rates of the module to that of fedex.com is the module is quoting shipping of packages that day, which today is Saturday, thus higher shipping costs. My packages are only shipped during the week when rates are lower.

I got a quote on fedex.com on a shipment going out same day (Saturday) and the rates matched. When I selected the next business day (Monday), the rates were lower.

Any help on getting the module to quote next business day rates?

Thanks!

I have the exact same issue. We do not ship on Saturdays, although we take orders then. The FedEX module quotes as if we were shipping Saturday - a higher rate which may scare off customers and cause us to charge more than the rate when we ship on Monday.

How do we get rid of Saturday quotes? Or did I miss this in the instructons? RTFMS? I'll look again.

TIA.

Martin

I have the exact same issue. We do not ship on Saturdays, although we take orders then. The FedEX module quotes as if we were shipping Saturday - a higher rate which may scare off customers and cause us to charge more than the rate when we ship on Monday.

How do we get rid of Saturday quotes? Or did I miss this in the instructons? RTFMS? I'll look again.

I'd like business day shipping and delivery quotes only.

TIA.

Martin

TIA.

Martin

Taking a look now. I've never noticed that but you are right... not good.

-Dave

TIA.

Martin

Taking a look now. I've never noticed that. but I only use Ground for quotes and shipping and do not get that behaivor since Ground does not accept parcels on weekends, so I guess I get mondays rates.... Perhaps you are shipping other than ground? a method that does ship saturday? if so then that makes sense... now to stop the saturday surcharge, ill talk to dimon and take a look.

-Dave

Taking a look now. I've never noticed that. but I only use Ground for quotes and shipping and do not get that behaivor since Ground does not accept parcels on weekends, so I guess I get mondays rates.... Perhaps you are shipping other than ground? a method that does ship saturday? if so then that makes sense... now to stop the saturday surcharge, ill talk to dimon and take a look.

That's correct. We ship priority overnight and it is avalable saturdays, but at a steep surcharge. S, since we receive orders then, it quotes for Saturday shipment - a big difference over shipping the next business day.

Thanx.

Martin

Altough we don't ship Saturdays, I hate to complicate matters, but we also can on occassion deliver on Saturdays at, of course, a higher rate. I haven't yet noticed how FedEX quotes on Fridays, for Saturday OR next business day (Monday).

Regards,

Martin

Altough we don't ship Saturdays, I hate to complicate matters, but we also can on occassion deliver on Saturdays at, of course, a higher rate. I haven't yet noticed how FedEX quotes on Fridays, for Saturday OR next business day (Monday).

Regards,

Martin

Ordinarily, on FedEx.com you have to tick a specific "Deliver Saturday" in order to be charged the sur charge. by default, unless ticked, delivery rolls to the next available business date... This module does not add any :deliver saturday: option, so I do not think this is an issue for us. Any of your customers wanting Saturday delivery (exception) would require you adding a surcharge manually I would think. Previously you stated that a surcharge was being added for API quotes made on a saturday for express overnight. this is abnormal. please correct me if I am wrong.

imagixx, can you take a lil time and test which specific methods are effected by the surcharge bug you have... any info is helpful.

-Dave

Ordinarily, on FedEx.com you have to tick a specific "Deliver Saturday" in order to be charged the sur charge. by default, unless ticked, delivery rolls to the next available business date... This module does not add any :deliver saturday: option, so I do not think this is an issue for us. Any of your customers wanting Saturday delivery (exception) would require you adding a surcharge manually I would think. Previously you stated that a surcharge was being added for API quotes made on a saturday for express overnight. this is abnormal. please correct me if I am wrong.

imagixx, can you take a lil time and test which specific methods are effected by the surcharge bug you have... any info is helpful.

OK, that's fine for Saturday DELIVERY. I can see manually adding a surcharge. Now, we're talking the original problem, Saturday shipment.

I have your great contrib installed, an for anyone ordering on Saturday, it quotes an inflated rate which I presume is assuming that I'm SHIPPING Saturdays. We do NOT ship Saturdays, and would ship Monday for orders placed on Saturday.

We ship FedEx Envelop, Priority, Standard Overnight, 2day, and Express Saver - all if a quote is requested on Saturday include the surcharge, and it's substantial. Naturally, that scares customers off or forces them to select USPS Priority at $4.55 which we list at a Flat Rate. Or, it looks to them that we're price gouging - bad karma.

Thanx.

Martin

You could check this through FedEX's standard interface. Use Standard, Priority, 2nd Day, Saver (any envelop Saturday option), .5 or less pounds, and request to ship Saturday quote. Apparently, if the quote is requested on a Saturday, it assumes that you are shipping Saturday.

Thanx.

Martin

Here's how FedEx responded to the Saturday shipment quotes (by default) when shipment actually takes place Monday:

"Hi Martin,

Thank you for using FedEx Online Support. In answer to your question, your web developer would have to go in and make changes to your front end.Basically noting that processed packages on saturday = Monday shipment. I apologize for this miscommunication earlier I just thought that you were trying to take Saturday delivery off in general. For future references to this issue, if needed, please provide case number 20707488."

TIA

Martin

This is going to sound odd, but how do I explain to the Fedex Web Integration people that I have an API installed in my cart and that all I need is to be able to use their test server for quotes? I went through a whole long thing yesterday where I explained it to them but they still insisted I download their API, etc.

What's the best way to get their cooperation or explain what I need from them?

Thanks in advance.

-Kevin