• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Direct 2.06 Support thread

Roaddoctor

Does anybody have a copy of the FedEx Direct Connect API documentation? I'm looking to see if it supports package dimensions. I've read that the contribution itself does not, but I'm looking to see if it' s at all possible via the DC API.

It seems FedEx has pulled all mention of the Direct Connect API from the site; the only thing I can find now are the SOAP API docs, and the old URLs in the code comments and package descriptions get redirected.

Fedex not displayed in shipping options on catalog side

===================================

I have 2.07 installed on both a trail server (localhost - WAMP) and live server (Linux).

Works fine on local server - gets quotes from Fedex, debug works etc etc.

On the live server (with same Admin configuration on the module) Fedex does not appear in the list of enabled shipping options for the customer (i.e. as if the module is not enable din Admin). I have checked and the configuration table is being updated in admin as are any other module configuration settings.

There are a couple of other posts on the forum with this problem but, as far as I can see, no solution.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Graeme

Replying to my own post (vanity?)

After mucking around trying all sorts of stuff - checked CURL, checked open SSL blah blah I found by comparing the two databases that the value for MODULE_SHIPPING_INSTALLED in the configuration table was not being updated with fedex1.php. Google sent me to here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=255498 and that's the reason.

SOLUTION = when you first install Fedex it has a default sort order of zero - if there are a number of other shipping modules with that value then fedex1 does not get displayed. Simply change the sort order to different values and Fedex1 should then display. In my case I changed it to '99' and then it worked straigh away

Regards

Graeme

Recently i used Fedex2.07. when i used i got an error message in checkout_shipping.php. I can't find any solution. Please help me.

The error is:

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"425423185"498,"5522520"8,"GA"9,"30004"117,"US"17,"723456"50,"IN"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"11.0"1529,"1"1415,"429.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"1"1529,"2"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I'm in a bit of a bind here. I installed this module and all seemed to be working great - shipping quotes showing and everything.

Thing is, after installing the module I tried to add a new product to my cart, and here's what I got after entering and submitting the data:

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /var/www/virtual/luello.com/htdocs/shop/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 136
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '0, products_date_added) values ('0', '', '', now())' at line 1

insert into products (products_ship_sep, products_quantity, 0, products_date_added) values ('0', '', '', now())

Also, if I try to edit and existing product, I get this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' p.products_ship_sep from products p, products_description pd where p.products_i' at line 1

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_description_short, p.products_tariff, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_ready_to_ship, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id. , p.products_ship_sep from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '238' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

Can anybody help? Pretty please?

Hello, I try the latest fedex shipment 2.07

I have a fedex account

I have meter id number

The shipping is quebec(montreal) to quebec (montreal)

I have changed

// $this->server = 'gatewaybeta.fedex.com/GatewayDC';

$this->server = 'gatewaybeta.fedex.com:443/GatewayDC ';

This url has been sent by fedex

first test

The tare weight is : 0 kg

My product weight is : 3Kg

My quantity is : 1

Fedex result :

FEDEX (Total items: 2 pcs. Total weight: 4.2 kgs)

i don't understand the weight calculation : 4.2 kg because I have 3kg for one products ?

I don't understand why I have Total items: 2 pcs because i have only one product

First Overnight 52.32EUR

Priority (by 10:30AM, later for rural) 29.86EUR

2 Day Air 28.91EUR

Ground Service (1 days) 14.69EUR

second test

The tare weight is : 0 kg

My product weight is : 3Kg

My quantity is :2

Fedex result :

FEDEX (Total items: 4 pcs. Total weight: 8.4 kgs)

i don't understand the weight calculation : 8.4 kg because I have 3kg x 2 qty for two products (same products)?

I don't understand why i have Total items: 4 pcs because i have only 2 product

the price result :

First Overnight 83.38EUR

Priority (by 10:30AM, later for rural) 47.48EUR

2 Day Air 46.13EUR

Ground Service (1 days) 23.14EUR

Thank for your help and answer

Edited by Gyakutsuki

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

As of some time a few weeks ago, my site has stopped retrieving rates from the fedex server completely. Prior to this it had been working for the past 2 years, and nothing has changed on our end. Turning on debug mode shows no errors, just a list of data sent to fedex, and then "Data returned from fedex: "

Being that we only ship fedex, this is completely preventing any customers from placing an order :( Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem, or where to start looking?

Thanks

Hi and thanks for this great module.

I've installed the 2.07 version and it works fine with one little problem:

I'm not getting discount rates. It's only showing regular.

Do I have to enable something manually in the fedex1.php file? I tried asking FedEx for help but all I got from them was "send us a copy of the transaction record", and I have no idea how to do that.

Thanks in advance,

Bors

Hi,

I was just wondering, (I am a coding newb), if anyone else has wanted/coded too allow for a percentage based markup on the shipping rates? If not how would I go about, and with what would I replace it with, altering the code to change it from a flat rate handling fee to a percentage based one?

Thanks

Josh

Hello,

I'm getting inaccurate rates for ground shipments to Canada. To ship a 2 LBS package to Canada at fedex.com cost me FedEx International Ground: $33.86, osCommerce quoted a customer for this shipment Federal Express (Ground Service (4 days)): $18.03. I don't have any discount rates for my FedEx account and 'Show List Rates' is set to False in Admin --> Modules --> Fedex settings. What might be wrong with the osc rates?

Thanks.

Need help with the residential surcharge and FedEx surcharge.

What value should I put in these fields? Should these values be returned from FedEx?

Both values are different by different service type.

Someone please help. I am losing money if I put in low FedEx surcharge for express services. The rates for ground/home will be too high if I put in high number for FedEx surcharge.

• 2 weeks later...

I've added the fedex module and I'm having a slight problem.

Whenever I add the code changes to the admin/categories page it makes the page appear blank when you try to access it through the admin menu.

If I take the changes out the page works fine again.

I suppose the only thing I'm losing here is the ability to mark a product as "ships seperately"

The rest of contribution seems to be working fine.

I do have other mods (Ultrapics, and categories paging) installed in admin>categories. but that doesn't seem to matter. just replacing my working page with the fedex contribution page yields the same blank page result.

Any thoughts on what's happening here?

• 2 weeks later...
i have "add weight to attribute" contribution...it works fine with all the other shipping mods...not this one though...any1 say otherwise?

Hi everyone,

I'm quoting Coolfly's post from May 2008, where he asked about solutions for making FedEx work with the "add weight to attribute" contribution.

I've got the same problem and I'd really like to get it solved. Has anybody found a workaround to make this function properly?

By the way, I'm using FedEx Direct 2.07 on Osc 2.2RC2a, php5

Thanks in advance,

Jade

A little more info on the problem with making FedEx work with the "add weight to attribute" contribution.

I've tried a fix for "add weight to attribute" to make it work with an earlier version of UPS, and although that didn't work I thought that perhaps those modifications might shed some light on what needs to be modified for FedEx. So, I'm copying that fix into the code box below, since it's a short and simple mod.

// IN shopping_cart.php ADD THIS

// BOF add-weight-to-product-attributes with UPSxml mod
// determine total weight of attributes to add to weight of product					
   $attributes_total_weight = 0;
	  if (isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'])) {
		  reset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes']);
		  $where = ' AND ((';
		  while (list($option, $value) = each($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'])) {
		  $where .= 'options_id=' . $option . ' AND options_values_id=' . $value . ') OR (';
		 }
		  $where=substr($where, 0, -5) . ')';
		  $attribute_weight_query = tep_db_query('SELECT options_values_weight FROM ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . ' WHERE products_id=' . (int)$prid . $where);
			  if (tep_db_num_rows($attribute_weight_query)) { 
				   while ($attributes_weight_array = tep_db_fetch_array($attribute_weight_query)) { 
									  $attributes_total_weight +=  $attributes_weight_array['options_values_weight'];
						 }
				 } // end if (tep_db_num_rows($attribute_weight_query))
		  } // end if (isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes']))
// EOF add-weight-to-product-attributes mod

// BEFORE THIS
	  $products_array[] = array('id' => $products_id,

// AND CHANGE THIS
		'weight' => $products['products_weight'],

// TO THIS
		'weight' => $products['products_weight'] + $attributes_total_weight,

Also, I've posted about this in the "add weight to attribute" support thread. You can see that posting here.

Thanks in advance to anyone who looks into this.

Here's an update on the issue of making FedEx 2.07 work with the "Add Weight To Product Attributes" contribution.

I've got a simple modification that will solve the problem, which you can view and download in the FedEx contrib section here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1462

Special thanks to Roaddoctor who answered my call for help and pointed me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Jade

It appears that if the package type is the FedEx Envelope, then $this->_setPackageType('06'); is called. Otherwise, the packageType gets set to 01, which I'm assuming is FedEx box. Any idea what the package type code is for yourpackaging ?

-jared

It appears that if the package type is the FedEx Envelope, then $this->_setPackageType('06'); is called. Otherwise, the packageType gets set to 01, which I'm assuming is FedEx box. Any idea what the package type code is for yourpackaging ?

-jared

Here you go. This should provide insight and should be generally helpfull to anyone wishing to tweak the module.

http://images.fedex.com/us/solutions/wis/p...Guide062306.pdf

So who's up to redoing this mod in XML?

http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/product/...ervicesHelp.htm

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a modifcation for this module. Im willing to pay.

I would like to offer a Saturday deliver serive as an option (check box or such like and for the quote to change).

I would also like to have control over putting a surcharge or discount on each delivery type - rather than across everything - for example I may wish to discount the top of the line air services more than the Air Saver. Bit like how the dynamic USPS on works with a surcharge box for each shipping type.

Anyone help - please PM me.

Graham.

Graham Wright

• 4 weeks later...
I attempted to get this mod to work, but I get the following Error message. This is displayed in the admin console, where you wold "Install" and configure this mod. BTW- I'm running OSC 2.2 MS2

Warning: main(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/islandst/public_html/shop/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/shop/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/xxxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/shop/admin/modules.php on line 128

I checked my installation, I assume it's something I did (or did not) do.

I have this same exact problem. I checked to make sure----- /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php--- was present and it is. I replaced it to make sure it was not corrupt. What will cause the system not to see the fedex1.php file? Any info will help. Thanks

Amahd

I have this same exact problem. I checked to make sure----- /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php--- was present and it is. I replaced it to make sure it was not corrupt. What will cause the system not to see the fedex1.php file? Any info will help. Thanks

Amahd

Just fixed it.

I was uploading to

/Includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php instead of

/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

Check and make sure the spelling of includes is in lower case before uploading for new installs.

Amahd

• 4 weeks later...

not sure if anyone checks this forum to help anymore, but I've got a couple problems, is anyone else having a problem where sometimes the results aren't submitted? of course I can't duplicate it, but some customers do have the problem, then I try the address myself and it's fine, not sure if it's user error or a server issue or what.

the biggest issue right now is with the ship separately option.

I'm currently using it and in the store is has some items that are like 110lbs and some stuff that's smaller. the big item is set as ship separately. the smaller items are not . if i try to order 1 big item and 1 small item, it gives me a correct price for

Standard Overnight, 2 Day Air, and Express Saver (3 Day) all display properly, but it also shows an option of home delivery at $6. I'm betting it's because fedex won't ship the big item home delivery, but i have no idea how to tell it to not offer home delivery for anything if there's something that won't ship that way.

any help?

• 2 weeks later...
To ship a 2 LBS package to Canada at fedex.com cost me FedEx International Ground: $33.86, osCommerce quoted a customer for this shipment Federal Express (Ground Service (4 days)): $18.03.

My company got an order to ship to Guatemala, and FedEx returned a quote of $77 for Express service ... but when they brought the package to the FedEx office to ship it, the actual shipping charge was over $100!

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

• 1 month later...
I have been playing with this and other shipping modules all day getting prepared for the release of our revised OsC store, which will hopefully launch within a week or two. This will be the first time we have implemented the FedEx module for using FedEx service with OsC and I have gone through the paces with my account rep, played with the module and configured it in just about every way humanly possible.

One thing that I just realized is that when envelope rates are set to true, it seems that Ground rates for international destinations do not show. When I set envelope rates to false, the Ground options (which of course only really work for Canada, shipping internationally from the US) return.

I am wondering if there is a way to have the best of both worlds and be able to show them both, since we have volume discounts with FedEx and particularly good pricing for shipping our products with boxes that fit within the envelope guidelines.

Playing around with it a bit, it also seems that when list rates is set to true, the only option I'm receiving is Ground for Canada, and all of the air options go away. I received a debug error with a test address to France saying that list rates were not permitted for international destinations:

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"2,"E517"3,"Requests for list rates are not allowed for international."99,""

but for the Ontario, Canada test address, I don't receive any error in the debug.

Just looking for any input and/or advice from people with more real world experience with the FedEx module and API up to this point than myself. Thanks!

I too am having this issue except the error I'm getting is "No Rates Returned, E517 : Requests for list rates are not allowed for international."

Does anyone have a fix for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I successfully installed this contribution and am operating my website with no problems but for one.

If a customer buys 3 different items that I intend to ship separately, this contribution adds up the weights for those items and on the checkout_shipping.php page, shows

Federal Express (1 x 123lbs)

Ground Service (4 days) $79.30

when in fact it should show

1 x 24lbs

1 x 24lbs

3 x 25lbs

Due to that, I'm losing some money on shipping. If I login to my fedex account and manually enter my customer's order info along with the customer's address and request a quote, the shipping amount fedex gives me is $84.51 which clearly is way above what my customer is paying me.

So the ship separately check-box is clearly not doing what it is supposed to. Is there anything I'm missing anywhere? Please help.

Hello,

I'm getting inaccurate rates for ground shipments to Canada. To ship a 2 LBS package to Canada at fedex.com cost me FedEx International Ground: $33.86, osCommerce quoted a customer for this shipment Federal Express (Ground Service (4 days)): $18.03. I don't have any discount rates for my FedEx account and 'Show List Rates' is set to False in Admin --> Modules --> Fedex settings. What might be wrong with the osc rates?

Thanks.

Hi Irina

Have you figured out anything on this? We are also getting rate quotes for Canada that are much less than the actual shipping cost.

bopp