• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Direct 2.06 Support thread

Roaddoctor

I've installed v2.07 and all the patches on osC RC2a. Everything appears to be functioning, but I'm getting some really strange rate quotes. For example 2 items at 70lbs each (total 140lbs), the rate was 24.71, but one item at 70lbs to the same address is $30.04. Tare weight set at zero, Max weight is 150 and the items I'm testing have the "ship seperately" box checked since they would be considered oversized items and wouldn't be combined with another item for shipping (which is what I assume the ship seperately function means). I have it set to use the production server for rates and debug mode is on currently.

Also, I've got items with a zero weight (as shipping is included in the price) but when I checkout with one of those items, it still gives a price of $15.00 or so, for the shipping. Is there some modification I need to do, for zero weight items so they do not charge shipping?

Still looking for help. This modification is doubling quotes for items shipping seperately, charging for items that have zero weight (despite tare weight set at zero as well) and I can see no way to correct this.

I got a strange feedback from FedEx, default currency of our store is USD, but the currency in our country is not USD, when check out, fedEx return back the fee same as the amount in our country currency, but the currency code is USD, for example:

shipping fee shoud be USD100.00, but it return USD1,000.00. say the exchange rate is USD1.00=10 of our country currency.

How and where i can made the FedEx retune back with USD100.00?

Any help should be highly appriciate.

Best regards,

Installed module properly.

Got Error:

No meter number was obtained, check configuration. Error 9927 : Unable to validate account on FSS

anyone know what this means? or where i can look to find out what this means..

i can post up the debug informaiton but not sure if thats smart to do (personal i guess)

anyways if you're willing to help i can post it if required.

p.s i configured the shipping module with the correct fedex acnt number and other info.. (to the best of my knowledge)

hi, i got a few quick curl questions. i did a quick search on this thread and found various posts but didn't see exactly what I'm looking for...sorry if it is here...

I don't believe I have curl installed on my server (I'm getting the error about not understanding the path). I looked under admin>tools>server, also my cpanel, installed software and whatnot, and didn't see anything that says curl.

questions:

-is it something that i can easily install myself or does the host have to do it? (i'm not with godaddy)

-if not, is there another way around this or another recommendable contribution to get fedex quotes? (saw one for "eshipper"-don't know exactly what that is...a shipment broker that charges their own fee, perhaps??)

I already created an account with fedex now, and they seemed to have charged me $10, but I also noticed their rates are a bit cheaper than ups and usps for what i'm doing...so i'd like to have the option for my customers.

any ideas, I'd really appreciate it...thanks

I don't believe I have curl installed on my server (I'm getting the error about not understanding the path). I looked under admin>tools>server, also my cpanel, installed software and whatnot, and didn't see anything that says curl.

questions:

-is it something that i can easily install myself or does the host have to do it? (i'm not with godaddy)

That is something your host would likely have to do unless you have full server access.

-Dave

I've installed the Free Shipping with Zero Weight contribution http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3867 and it appears to be working properly. When an item with zero weight is going through checkout it completely skips shipping modules and processes correctly. However when mixed items are in the cart (some with zero weight and others with a weight that should be charged FedEx shipping) , the quote that comes back from FedEx adds an additional $4.53 to the shipping quote for each zero weight item (Ground shipping).

I have surcharges set at zero, tare weight at zero, so I'm not quite sure where this additional fee is coming from as the zero weight item should be considered as not even existing in terms of the FedEx calculation.

Is the solution within the FedEx module or does something else need to be done in terms of the zero weight calculation?

I've installed the Free Shipping with Zero Weight contribution http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3867 and it appears to be working properly. When an item with zero weight is going through checkout it completely skips shipping modules and processes correctly. However when mixed items are in the cart (some with zero weight and others with a weight that should be charged FedEx shipping) , the quote that comes back from FedEx adds an additional $4.53 to the shipping quote for each zero weight item (Ground shipping).

I have surcharges set at zero, tare weight at zero, so I'm not quite sure where this additional fee is coming from as the zero weight item should be considered as not even existing in terms of the FedEx calculation.

Is the solution within the FedEx module or does something else need to be done in terms of the zero weight calculation?

you will need to add some if/else logic or something for the module to skip 0 weight entirely, and likely the item count as well. Fedex is probably assuming 1 lb minimum or something to that effect for the 0 weight items. look at the fedex1.php code, the routine is run on two paths, one for normal items and one for ship seperate items. Both will need to be modified.

-Dave

roaddoctor: thanks for the response...i've sent a support ticket to see if they could install...in the event they can't, anything else possible?

Hi guys, Just following up on my initial question. Anyone know what this error pertains too? is this on fedex's end? aka my accnt info may not be right? or something in my code thats going on.... really confused here..

thanks.

<intial question>

Installed module properly.

Got Error:

No meter number was obtained, check configuration. Error 9927 : Unable to validate account on FSS

anyone know what this means? or where i can look to find out what this means..

i can post up the debug informaiton but not sure if thats smart to do (personal i guess)

anyways if you're willing to help i can post it if required.

p.s i configured the shipping module with the correct fedex acnt number and other info.. (to the best of my knowledge)

Edited by krs.7

did you leave the meter number blank so that the module will grab a meter#?

Your account with FedEx also must be authorized at Fedex's end in order for you to grab a meter #

-Dave

you will need to add some if/else logic or something for the module to skip 0 weight entirely, and likely the item count as well. Fedex is probably assuming 1 lb minimum or something to that effect for the 0 weight items. look at the fedex1.php code, the routine is run on two paths, one for normal items and one for ship seperate items. Both will need to be modified.

I'm not exactly a PHP programmer, would you be able to give me an example of what kind of function I would need. It appears that the module automatically sets a default weight of 1 and a package count of 1, could I just change those to a zero? Any assistance is appreciated.

update: i now have curl....cURL support...enabled...cURL Information...libcurl/7.18.1 zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5 <<7.18.1! it's that good stuff :wacko:

However, I'm having the same problem as the first writer below ("No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down")

Okay I will check into that, I also contacted Fed Ex to make sure my account was set up to get quotes and they replied yes it does, they also are showing a meter number in there system but are not allowed to give that to me, when I go into the admin of my site, I am not able to see a meter number, it is still listed as "none" dont know if that rings a bell or not, but had to mention it in case it does. Thanks again for all the help
yep, until you pull a meter number nothing will work. Make sure your stores address configurations and the modules address and account information all match exactly with your registered fedex data.

The resolve was never mentioned. So where do I find this meter number that he seeks?

also extra credit:

i have "add weight to attribute" contribution...it works fine with all the other shipping mods...not this one though...any1 say otherwise?

Edited by coolfly

update: i now have curl....cURL support...enabled...cURL Information...libcurl/7.18.1 zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5 <<7.18.1! it's that good stuff :wacko:

However, I'm having the same problem as the first writer below ("No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down")

The resolve was never mentioned. So where do I find this meter number that he seeks?

also extra credit:

i have "add weight to attribute" contribution...it works fine with all the other shipping mods...not this one though...any1 say otherwise?

When you first configure it, the meter number should be NONE. Once you do the first successful quote, it will automatically fill in the meter number for you, there's no need to get anything from FedEx. Check the Readme files for the contribution it gives information on configuring.

Ok, leaving as meter NONE. I double checked all configurations to be correct. Tried debug mode and get this (i edited my personal info out obviously for this post):

Data sent to Fedex for Meter: 0,"211"10,"428176340"4003,"correct store owner"4007,"correct store name(company listed with fedex account)"4008,"exact address listed with fedex and on line 1 in module"4011,"correct city"4012,"correct state"4013,"correct zip"4014,"US"4015,"correct phone with dashes"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Meter:

all info is entered exactly (and case wise) as fedex has it on myfedex contact info page.

"data returned from fedex for meter"...does this mean communication is made?

i tried calling previous to doing the debug and the fedex tech confirmed my account but said i don't have a meter number (obviously) and to call my webhost and make sure i have port 443 attps enabled....any merit to this?

I installed Fedex Real Time Quotes v2.07.1 everything seems to be ok except I only get 'Home Delivery' quote, checked fedex1.php file, shipping method lines are not commented, any idea why I only get Home Delivery' quote.

I am using Osc 2.2RC2a, php5

I installed Fedex Real Time Quotes v2.07.1 everything seems to be ok except I only get 'Home Delivery' quote, checked fedex1.php file, shipping method lines are not commented, any idea why I only get Home Delivery' quote.

I am using Osc 2.2RC2a, php5

add something to the customers Company Name field... you will then get a Ground quote

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, got my other problem figured out, now on to this one i get this error returned when i try to obtain a quote from the shopping cart

No Rates Returned, E561 : Currency Code for Intra-CA request must CAD.

i Tried adding a CAD currency and obtained the proper value and that worked fine, is this something to do with my fedex accnt or on my end with oscommerce?? let me know guys ill be huge... thanks...

basically. how do i fix this ... thx

pleasee help me i'll be eternally greatful.. i'm really screwed on this deadline ... yesssssssir

The answer is previously posted in this forum, try...

Edit the .../includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

Find this line:

$data .= '68,"USD"'; // Insurance value currency

And edit it to say this instead:

$data .= '68,"CAD"'; // Insurance value currency

also can try this

/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

change

$data .= '68,"USD"';

to

$data .= '68,"CAD"';

its something simple like this... find the culprit USD and change to CAD

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

add something to the customers Company Name field... you will then get a Ground quote

Had a hybrid of this problem when a single product was over 70 lbs and account was set up without company name. Solution was the same to get a ground quote. Now, is there a way that the Company field can be hidden from customer and when a new account is set the Company Field is automatically filled with something. Vast majority of my orders I have are residential and I can add surcharges to ground from admin. This way if customer orders one of my items that are over 70lbs I will be able to get a ground quote. As it is now, the lowest quote I get is Fedex's 3 day service.

Sorry for the thread Hi-Jack

• 1 month later...

Thank very much for the useful add on!

I got a strange result, when shopping card is nothing,in check out page it show "Total items: 1 pcs. Total weight: 2.7 kgs"; if have one pcs in shopping card, it said "Total items: 2 pcs. Total weight: 2.7 kgs". it allway have extra one pcs, and 2.7KG, I have check my setting one after one, still can not figure it out.

Shipping/Packaging>Package Tare weight has been set to 0. and the other shipping module like UPS, EMS is normal, only get this problem on FedEx shipping module.

Any tip or clue should be great appreciate. Thanks.

Quite

• 5 weeks later...

Fedex not displayed in shipping options on catalog side

===================================

I have 2.07 installed on both a trail server (localhost - WAMP) and live server (Linux).

Works fine on local server - gets quotes from Fedex, debug works etc etc.

On the live server (with same Admin configuration on the module) Fedex does not appear in the list of enabled shipping options for the customer (i.e. as if the module is not enable din Admin). I have checked and the configuration table is being updated in admin as are any other module configuration settings.

There are a couple of other posts on the forum with this problem but, as far as I can see, no solution.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Graeme