• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Direct 2.06 Support thread

Roaddoctor

Hi everybody, I am having problem with my store with this module but works with other module like UPS XML. But I am located in Hong Kong, where doesn't have any Postal code. I try to put 0 in it but still can't work. Can anyone help me?

First of all, thank you for this great module.

The setup went smooth except the insurance part. In the insurance field, I tried dif. values like NONE,1,100 or 0.1 but the shipping quotes don't change.

Please advise. Thank you.

First of all, thank you for this great module.

The setup went smooth except the insurance part. In the insurance field, I tried dif. values like NONE,1,100 or 0.1 but the shipping quotes don't change.

Please advise. Thank you.

According to fedex tech support, the fedex server works:

"In answer to your question, your declared value is calculated into the total surchage amount. I changed your total surcharge to 100 instead of a thousand and in fields 1417 of your reply come back diffrent.Also your net charge (1528) comes back with diffrent charges so the server recognizes the declared value. Here are the replies first one will be for the 1000 dollare DV and the second is just for a 100 dollars DV..."

I'm still not seeing any changes in the total surcharge amount with or without insurance option. Any ideas?

I've only got this module and UPSXML installed. Everything is working fine for shipping, I get quotes and such just fine.

However, now when I go into the admin page to add new products, the screen blanks and I get no errors. I see in the access log a 500 error (but nothing in the error log?).

I'm guessing it's something to do with admin/categories.php. I've gone over the install several times, but to no avail.

Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas? I haven't dealt with PHP in so long, I've forgotten more than I knew.

Thanks,

Dan

Hello,

I just installed this module, and now none of the prices are showing up on the store. See what I mean here: http://amszstore.com/main/index.php?cPath=21_27 . Any clue why this can be happening? I did everything as instructed, server meets all requirement. I must have messed up on something, but no quite sure what.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by bunem

Hello,

I just installed this module, and now none of the prices are showing up on the store. See what I mean here: http://amszstore.com/main/index.php?cPath=21_27 . Any clue why this can be happening? I did everything as instructed, server meets all requirement. I must have messed up on something, but no quite sure what.

Thanks in advance.

looks like you fixed it

-Dave

Hello,

The script doesn't return International Shipping rates (except Canada).

According to Fedex web API support, and also to their documentation:

http://images.fedex.com/us/solutions/wis/p...ction_Guide.pdf (page24)

For international orders, field 3025 is Required:

Valid values:

FDXE – FedEx Express rate quotes

FDXG – FedEx Ground rate quotes

Please advise.

Thank you,

Alex

P.S.: Sorry, I tried to write the code but I failed. I'm not a programmer!

However, now when I go into the admin page to add new products, the screen blanks and I get no errors. I see in the access log a 500 error (but nothing in the error log?).

I got it figured out...I was missing a ) in step #2:

- Find near:
   if ($action == 'new_product') {

Change from:
   'manufacturers_id' => ''

Change to:
   'manufacturers_id' => '',
   'products_ship_sep' => ''

In the code there is a ); at the end of the line--when I cut and pasted the code, the ) got whacked, and I didn't see it in my bleary-eyed troubleshooting.

If I were to make a suggestion it'd be that the installation instructions show entire lines to insert, not just the code snippets.

Thanks,

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Ok here is my problem...

I have integrated Paypal Express Checkout to help with customer sales.

There is two buttons that take the user to paypal from the checkout process in the whole checkout process.

One is at the payment option when they can choose credit card or pay with paypal. This test works fine when calculating the shipping (make sense because the user picked an option of fedex).

The other one is at the start in the shopping cart page.

User can click (proceed to checkout) or the (pay with paypal) this is where things get fishy.

Because of the nature of "paypal express" the user never returns to the sites checkout process except for the confirmation page. (They never pick a shipping option)

Paypal does NOT add or calculate any of the fedex shipping options.

1. This problem only happens with Fedex module (ie. I tried flat rate module and the test works fine and zone)

2. I have tried commenting out all FedEx options but Home Delivery (hoping that paypal would force pick the only option) Didn't work

Paypal seems to recognize other shipping modules and picks the lowest cheapest rate but never recognizes the fedex module....

I know it must be the fedex module OR somewhere in the paypal express checkout module isn't looking at the fedex module. Which I don't know....

I have called paypal for customer support and have gotten no where. This is a BIG ISSUE for me since my ONLY option of shipment is FedEx due to the nature of my business contracts.

Can someone please help!!! :'(:'(

Edited by redbulladdict

I think I'm sure about why paypal doesn't work for this shipping module.... (I think)

My problem is that oscommerce doesn't auto select the lowest shipping in the fedex options. Normally the shipping page auto selects the cheapest shipping option. This is where paypal would grab the price from and add it on... but since NONE of the fedex shipping methods are auto selected it never adds any shipping price.

So my question is "How do I get my shipping page to auto select the cheapest shipping method?" Do I need to edit something in fedex1.php??

Is there any way I can have it auto select the "Home Delevery" method every time?

Can someone please help me. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Ok here is my problem...

Because of the nature of "paypal express" the user never returns to the sites checkout process except for the confirmation page. (They never pick a shipping option)

That is odd. When my buyers use paypal express from the shopping cart, they go to paypal, login, then get sent back with the pp "token", to the shipping page and checkout normally ending at checklout_success.

You might find an answer in the suport thread of the particular paypal module you are using. I use Paypal WPP by DynamoEffects. Great mod, great support.

-Dave

I think I'm sure about why paypal doesn't work for this shipping module.... (I think)

My problem is that oscommerce doesn't auto select the lowest shipping in the fedex options. Normally the shipping page auto selects the cheapest shipping option. This is where paypal would grab the price from and add it on... but since NONE of the fedex shipping methods are auto selected it never adds any shipping price.

So my question is "How do I get my shipping page to auto select the cheapest shipping method?" Do I need to edit something in fedex1.php??

Is there any way I can have it auto select the "Home Delevery" method every time?

Can someone please help me. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

try this

in catalog/checkout_shipping.php

find

$quotes = $shipping_modules->quote();

add below

// if no shipping method has been selected, automatically select the cheapest method.
// if the modules status was changed when none were available, to save on implementing
// a javascript force-selection method, also automatically select the cheapest shipping
// method if more than one module is now enabled

if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) && (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 1) ) ) $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();

-Dave

Is there any solution to US to International rates not working when prices set to LIST RATES? Right now the international rates are returned with the LIST rates set to "False" and not with the LIST rates set to "True".

How hard would it be to modify this module to send an email to a defined address whenever a customer selects an express shipping method?

I do most of my shipping at night, but if someone wants express shipping, I am willing to ship it out earlier if I get some kind of notification.

Would anyone else find this useful?

I have installed this mod, but I get a strange error.

I have a 1lb item in the shopping cart, but the info returned by the FEDEX shows the weight at 4lb?

I don't know where the 3 extra pounds is showing up???

------------------------------------

Ignore the above comment, I found out that it was related to a minimum weight setting :(

Edited by GothicBeast

Is there any solution to US to International rates not working when prices set to LIST RATES? Right now the international rates are returned with the LIST rates set to "False" and not with the LIST rates set to "True".

added to the todo list. Does the behaivor change if "ship-separately" is checked vs unchecked?

Post your debug if you can

-Dave

How hard would it be to modify this module to send an email to a defined address whenever a customer selects an express shipping method?

I do most of my shipping at night, but if someone wants express shipping, I am willing to ship it out earlier if I get some kind of notification.

Would anyone else find this useful?

OSC is easily configurable to send you an email notification when an order is placed. look to administration/configuration/Send extra order emails to...

-Dave

added to the todo list. Does the behaivor change if "ship-separately" is checked vs unchecked?

Post your debug if you can

Hi David,

Below are 4 different scenarios with List Rates True/False and Ship Separately Checked/Unchecked. I don't see any difference in rates with Ship Separately Checked vs. Unchecked, though it should be. When do you expect to modify the module to include the todo list?

List Rates - False

Ship Separately - Checked

78960, France

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"fedex account"498,"fedex meter"8,"TX"9,"77090"117,"US"17,"78960"50,"FR"24,"20080225"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"4.9"1529,"1"1415,"310.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"5"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1376,"LBS"1133,"2"2399-1,"0"1273-1,"01"1274-1,"01"431-1,"N"1402-1,"4.9"1416-1,"98.50"1417-1,"17.65"1418-1,"12.81"1419-1,"103.34"195-1,"CDG"2399-2,"0"1273-2,"01"1274-2,"03"431-2,"N"1402-2,"4.9"1416-2,"91.16"1417-2,"16.47"1418-2,"11.85"1419-2,"95.78"195-2,"CDG"99,""

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

List Rates - False

Ship Separately - Unchecked

78960, France

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"fedex account"498,"fedex meter"8,"TX"9,"77090"117,"US"17,"78960"50,"FR"24,"20080225"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"4.9"1529,"1"1415,"310.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"5"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1376,"LBS"1133,"2"2399-1,"0"1273-1,"01"1274-1,"01"431-1,"N"1402-1,"4.9"1416-1,"98.50"1417-1,"17.65"1418-1,"12.81"1419-1,"103.34"195-1,"CDG"2399-2,"0"1273-2,"01"1274-2,"03"431-2,"N"1402-2,"4.9"1416-2,"91.16"1417-2,"16.47"1418-2,"11.85"1419-2,"95.78"195-2,"CDG"99,""

List Rates - True

Ship Separately - Checked

78960, France

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"fedex account"498,"fedex meter"8,"TX"9,"77090"117,"US"17,"78960"50,"FR"24,"20080225"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"4.9"1529,"1"1415,"310.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"5"1529,"2"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1133,"0"99,""

List Rates - True

Ship Separately - Unchecked

78960, France

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"fedex account"498,"fedex meter"8,"TX"9,"77090"117,"US"17,"78960"50,"FR"24,"20080225"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"4.9"1529,"1"1415,"310.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"5"1529,"2"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1133,"0"99,""

• 2 weeks later...
OSC is easily configurable to send you an email notification when an order is placed. look to administration/configuration/Send extra order emails to...

What I'm looking for is to send a separate email if a customer specifically chooses an express type of shipping, such as overnight or second day, as opposed to ground or home. This would be sent to a cell phone or pager to notify the shipper that there is an order that needs to be rush-shipped. OSC does not have this ability. I'm sure it would be a simple mod, but I'm not that good at PHP.

I am having some trouble getting fedex_direct_2.07 working I think I'm missing a step here is what I have done.

uploaded the file's to the right folders

edited the code of both categories.php files and reuploaded them

uploaded and ran the fedex1.sql.php to update the database then deleted it

edited the fedex1.php file to work on Godaddy.com for that is where it's hosted

installed the mod in admin set the account number, address,phone # with other info

All I get now when doing a test checking out is "The page cannot be displayed" on the checkout_shipping.php page. If I put in in debug mode I get one line stuff at the top of the page.

I know I must be missing something I have went over this a few time's now and even uninstalled it all redownloaded it and tryed it all over again with the same out come. Any help at all would be great.

The site address is

http://www.southern-buggys.com

The test customer log in is

[email protected]

test1

Small problem, this seems to work fine for orders inside of the US (I'm in the US) however I currently have International Home Delivery, Ground, Economy, and Priority selected for use. When someone tries to checkout with even a 1lb item for overseas, the only options they can pick if they aren't in the US is Economy and Priority... both of which are $60 options for a 1lb box!!!

The other seemingly cheaper options just never come up, regardless of what all I add to my cart and try to check out... those 2 options just keep coming up and they just get more expensive with weight.

Idearz?

Small problem, this seems to work fine for orders inside of the US (I'm in the US) however I currently have International Home Delivery, Ground, Economy, and Priority selected for use. When someone tries to checkout with even a 1lb item for overseas, the only options they can pick if they aren't in the US is Economy and Priority... both of which are $60 options for a 1lb box!!!

The other seemingly cheaper options just never come up, regardless of what all I add to my cart and try to check out... those 2 options just keep coming up and they just get more expensive with weight.

Idearz?

I would start by contacting fedex api support and asking if your account is structured to allow those mothods. If they are, then they can probably look at your data that is transmitted/sent and perhaps point you in the right direction. Let us know/.

This module works darn near perfect (all credit to steve fatula the original authour) for US domestic shipping, but still has problems on the intertnational side. Anyone willing to rework the module to further improve it is welcome to go for it. Time is difficult to find these days.

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am trying to get this contribution working and I am having the following problem and error message:

Federal Express (Total items: 5 pcs. Total weight: 3 lbs)

No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down

I also tried to install that sql.php and I get this error

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/icecream/public_html/fedex1.sql.php on line 2

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/icecream/public_html/fedex1.sql.php on line 2

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/icecream/public_html/fedex1.sql.php on line 2

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, can someone help me?

Hi,

I am trying to get this contribution working and I am having the following problem and error message:

Federal Express (Total items: 5 pcs. Total weight: 3 lbs)

No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down

I also tried to install that sql.php and I get this error

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/icecream/public_html/fedex1.sql.php on line 2

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, can someone help me?

Actually I just figured the sql.php error, I had the file in the wrong folder....but now I get this error:

"1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_ship_sep'

ALTER TABLE products ADD products_ship_sep BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT 0

[TEP STOP]

"

Should I delete this from my database and do it again because I did install 2.0 previously but never did get it working. Is this recommended or is there another fix to this?

Actually I just figured the sql.php error, I had the file in the wrong folder....but now I get this error:

"1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_ship_sep'

ALTER TABLE products ADD products_ship_sep BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT 0

[TEP STOP]

"

Should I delete this from my database and do it again because I did install 2.0 previously but never did get it working. Is this recommended or is there another fix to this?

go look at your products database table, looks like you ran the sql twice. , remove the duplicate 'products_ship_sep' column. backup first!

-Dave