• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Direct 2.06 Support thread

Roaddoctor

Do you have your account number, Ship From address, and zip etc... set in the module configuaration?

Do you have the store name and store owner fields filled in in the basic store configuration?

What if you are using the Fed Ex acct. from another business for your store? I'm wondering if that might cause the module to not work? The owner has a few different businesses, and trying to use the same Fed Ex acct. for both.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got of the phone with FEDEX, my account is fine, no problem there. he even tested it for me.

On my website I keep getting the following error after installing the fedex 207 module:

No Rates Returned, F059 : Invalid Recipient postal code format for specified country.

The specified country is Canada, and I am trying to ship from our office to my house (I am sure the postal code is correct).

I am all out of leads on how to solve this issue....

Anyone any ideas???

Please......

and YES, I am a NEWBIE! :blush:

Hi all-

I have v2.071 installed, and I'm coming upon a strange error:

// You can comment out any methods you do not wish to quote by placing a // at the beginning of that line
// If you comment out 92 in either domestic or international, be
// sure and remove the trailing comma on the last non-commented line
     $this->domestic_types = array(
//             '01' => 'Priority (by 10:30AM, later for rural)',
//             '03' => '2 Day Air',
//             '05' => 'Standard Overnight (by 3PM, later for rural)',
//             '06' => 'First Overnight', 
//             '20' => 'Express Saver (3 Day)',
            '90' => 'Home Delivery',
            '92' => 'Ground Service'
            );

$this->international_types = array(
//             '01' => 'International Priority (1-3 Days)',
//             '03' => 'International Economy (4-5 Days)',
//             '06' => 'International First',
            '90' => 'Home Delivery',
            '92' => 'Ground Service'
            );
   }

Doing this only displays Home Delivery, not Ground. What I'm looking to do is have *only* Ground available. When I comment Home Delivery out, the user gets locked up at the shipping checkout page because there is no shipping method to choose.

I re-installed the contribution 2x to see if that was the issue, but I had the same result.

Any ideas?

I found the answer to my own question--- in this thread!

From Roaddoctor:

If your customer has a "company name" they will only see the "FedEx Ground" rate

If your customer does NOT have a "company name" (blank) they will only see the "FedEx Home" rates

This is normal

It works fine now, thankyou!

Hello All,

I am still trying to get this module to work in Canada.

This is the info that gets send to FEDEX:

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"286053360"498,"2831916"8,"ON"9,"N6M1A1"117,"CA"17,"N0A1J0"16,"ON"50,"CA"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"4.0"1529,"1"1415,"30.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"1"1529,"2"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"2,"E561"3,"Currency Code for Intra-CA request must CAD."99,""

As you can see it says USD in there for currency and FEDEX does not like that!

The default currency in my admin is set for CAD (Canadian Dollars). I even tried un-installing the USD for my site, but than still it will send "USD" to FEDEX...... :angry:

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks and have a great weekend! ;)

Chantal

Hello All,

I am still trying to get this module to work in Canada.

This is the info that gets send to FEDEX:

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"286053360"498,"2831916"8,"ON"9,"N6M1A1"117,"CA"17,"N0A1J0"16,"ON"50,"CA"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"4.0"1529,"1"1415,"30.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"1"1529,"2"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"2,"E561"3,"Currency Code for Intra-CA request must CAD."99,""

As you can see it says USD in there for currency and FEDEX does not like that!

The default currency in my admin is set for CAD (Canadian Dollars). I even tried un-installing the USD for my site, but than still it will send "USD" to FEDEX.....

Anyone any ideas?

<...>

Chantal

Hello,

Try to do it like this:

find a line (near 622) in the fedex1.php file:

$data .= '68,"USD"'; // Insurance value currency

and change "USD" to "CAD".

Dimon

Dimon - your a badass :P

Added the intra-CA issue to the todo list

- to properly set that parameter based on the stores default currency would be the proper method I think

Thanks for jumping in Dimon, Cowcents is it all working fine now?

-Dave

Dimon - your a badass :P

Added the intra-CA issue to the todo list

- to properly set that parameter based on the stores default currency would be the proper method I think

Thanks for jumping in Dimon, Cowcents is it all working fine now?

:D

Yes, I understand that it's coarse solution.

I suggested Chantal other method:

$data .= '68,"'.DEFAULT_CURRENCY.'"'; // Insurance value currency

But he wrote that it didn't work.

I don't know, perhaps I have made some error in this line or he had incorrect value in the Administration-> Localization->Currencies->Currency = Canadian Dollar (default) -> Code = CAD

Unfortunately I can't check this code. But it is working:

$data .= '68,"CAD"'; // Insurance value currency

;)

Dimon

Start with a phone call to FedEx Tech support and ask if your account is activated for pulling online quotes. Let us know.

Hello,...not sure if I am having the same problem or not. But my husband and I are having products shipped from China to here in the United States. The system will quote International Priority and International Economy rates...but not home delivery or ground. When we try to do just home delivery or ground...we get 'no rates returned'

Any thoughts...anybody???

Janet

Hello,...not sure if I am having the same problem or not. But my husband and I are having products shipped from China to here in the United States. The system will quote International Priority and International Economy rates...but not home delivery or ground. When we try to do just home delivery or ground...we get 'no rates returned'

Janet

Now we are gettting rates but not what we need:

Hello,

I have been setting up the fedex international to my husband's site this past week. My husband is having product dropshipped from China to here in the United States and needs to precalcuate shipping through fedex. After uploading the module we are only getting PRIORITY and INTERNATIONAL PRIORITY rates...I know how to exclude certain shipping settings with // before the rows.

So I wrote them and told them after several communications this:

I think I need you, on your end, to put homedelivery also.

Below is what I was told by the guy who invented this fedex contribution:

Please be aware that if your account is not set up

for ground or home delivery with Fedex, and many accounts are not, it will

not quote those rates. Do not confuse Ground with Home Delivery. Fedex ground

is a product that is for business to business. You might have ground, yet,

not home delivery, meaning, you cannot quote a residential shipment. This is

not a problem with this module, this is the way Fedex defines their services.

And fedex wrote back and told me this:

Thank you for using FedEx Online Support. In answer to your question, you have been added to the system with and express and ground account number. Your ground account number is (suchandsuch#) which is valid for fedex ground and home delivery. However when doing a home delivery you will have to set the residential flag to yes and then you will have a home delivery package processed. For future references to this issue, please reference case number 21473037. Thank you for choosing FedEx.

What are they talking about? They insist that my account with them is set to retrieve homedelivery/ground and they are the same.

This I have been told by several different fedex reps/tech this past week.

Do you or anyone have any thoughts on what I can do next?

Do you or anyone have any thoughts on what I can do next?

Skip the telephone support. Request that a fedex account representative contact you to discuss your account, your needs, and to negotiate rates. Then you may have better luck overall getting the correct services available to your account. Reps know the ropes and what will be best for your situation.

-Dave

Yes, Thank you for all your help, both of you!

It is working great....and best of all my employer really likes it!

The "default currency" suggestion did not work, gave me the same error, but changing it to CAD worked.

There are two more stores I am working on currently and I will be using this contribution on both

Thanks Again,

:D

Chantal

Skip the telephone support. Request that a fedex account representative contact you to discuss your account, your needs, and to negotiate rates. Then you may have better luck overall getting the correct services available to your account. Reps know the ropes and what will be best for your situation.

Well, I have talked to several different people this week at fedex over the phone and through email. They send me to their web tech department...who are supposed to specialize in code and know what to do. But they say:

Thank you for using FedEx Online Support. In answer to your question, no you are correct our terms are residential but in the code it is FEDEXGROUND and HOMEDELIVERY. We don't support any other code other then tagged and XML, but if your not getting ground rates back it would have to be your carrier code is set in express (FDXE) instead of ground (FDXG). I verified your account number does have ground added to it so you do have the ground function as well. For future references to this issue, please reference case number 21473037. Thank you for choosing FedEx

It is almost like they just do everything but answer your question or try to pass the buck.

This is so frustrating...

Janet

just installed version 2.07 of this contribution and double checked 3 times to make sure files were updated correctly and new files were copied over. However it won't show up under the shipping modules section. Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for help. I also don't know if it will help but i use globat.com for my web hosting.

Edited by eliteinkandtoner

just installed version 2.07 of this contribution and double checked 3 times to make sure files were updated correctly and new files were copied over. However it won't show up under the shipping modules section. Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for help. I also don't know if it will help but i use globat.com for my web hosting.

are you saying the module does not appear in your admin panel? if so then check

that fedex1.php located at

/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

make sure its not in

/catalog/admin/includes/modules/...

if you are saying the checkout method is not appearing in checkout, turn on debug and reply back with more specifics

-Dave

are you saying the module does not appear in your admin panel? if so then check

that fedex1.php located at

/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

make sure its not in

/catalog/admin/includes/modules/...

if you are saying the checkout method is not appearing in checkout, turn on debug and reply back with more specifics

thanks for the suggestion, but i double checked again and i have in in the correct directory. files are where they belong but the fedex shipping option never appears in the admin pages under modules --> shipping. Therefore i have no debug. Any ideas what so ever would be appreciated. :blink:

Janet

Hey Janet, I just got off an hour long phone call with Fed-Ex... Here's what I learned.

Ground Delivery and Home Delivery ARE essentially the same thing; with ONE difference... Fed-Ex charges a surcharge for Home (Residential) delivery.

If your customer places an order to be shipped "Ground" and their address turns out to be a residence, Fed-Ex will process the shipment as a Home delivery, meaning that YOU are paying the surcharge, even though the quote your customer got from the website was for "Ground" and didn't include the surcharge.

Make sense? Clear as Mud? It's crazy, I know...

The shipping module will ONLY quote "Ground" rates if there is a COMPANY NAME in your customers account information (shipping address). This is because Fed-Ex "Ground" is only for Business-to-Business shipping. If your customer leaves this field blank (like they would if they were shipping to a residence), ONLY "Home Delivery" rates will be quoted, and they will include that surcharge. There is no way to quote both "Ground" and "Home Delivery" as each shipment must be one or the other and the customer cannot make that decision, it is based on their shipping address.

Hope that helps...

Oh, and make sure your on the production server... their test server has been acting funky lately (as told to me by the Fed-Ex guy).

Best,

Jim

I'd like to ask again, where do I find this?

- You also have control of which type rates you want in includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

// You can comment out any methods you do not wish to quote by placing a // at the beginning of that line
// If you comment out 92 in either domestic or international, be
// sure and remove the trailing comma on the last non-commented line
  $this->domestic_types = array(
//			 '01' => 'Priority (by 10:30AM, later for rural)',
//			 '03' => '2 Day Air',
//			 '05' => 'Standard Overnight (by 3PM, later for rural)',
//			 '06' => 'First Overnight', 
//			 '20' => 'Express Saver (3 Day)',
		 '90' => 'Home Delivery',
		 '92' => 'Ground Service'
		 );

$this->international_types = array(
		 '01' => 'International Priority (1-3 Days)',
		 '03' => 'International Economy (4-5 Days)',
		 '06' => 'International First',
		 '90' => 'Home Delivery',
		 '92' => 'Ground Service'
		 );
}

I am still having trouble with it doubling quantity and thus weight/cost. I can't figure out what is doing it. Has anybody else come across this?

TIA

Barry

Edited by bjhampe

Hey Janet, I just got off an hour long phone call with Fed-Ex... Here's what I learned.

Ground Delivery and Home Delivery ARE essentially the same thing; with ONE difference... Fed-Ex charges a surcharge for Home (Residential) delivery.

If your customer places an order to be shipped "Ground" and their address turns out to be a residence, Fed-Ex will process the shipment as a Home delivery, meaning that YOU are paying the surcharge, even though the quote your customer got from the website was for "Ground" and didn't include the surcharge.

Make sense? Clear as Mud? It's crazy, I know...

The shipping module will ONLY quote "Ground" rates if there is a COMPANY NAME in your customers account information (shipping address). This is because Fed-Ex "Ground" is only for Business-to-Business shipping. If your customer leaves this field blank (like they would if they were shipping to a residence), ONLY "Home Delivery" rates will be quoted, and they will include that surcharge. There is no way to quote both "Ground" and "Home Delivery" as each shipment must be one or the other and the customer cannot make that decision, it is based on their shipping address.

Hope that helps...

Oh, and make sure your on the production server... their test server has been acting funky lately (as told to me by the Fed-Ex guy).

Best,

Jim

Thanks Jim. We found out later that fedex doesn't offer ground for international shipping from China. So we tried DHL....we went through alot of trouble getting all the keys from DHL for international shipping and getting the contribution to work...but with several emails and convincing...they finally approved us for DHL international shipping. Then, once done...the rates from China to here in the US were still too high...much higher than our supplier charges us for shipping. So...our supplier must get some huge discount from DHL because they ship so much product out...and they are not allowed to share that with us...I assume. So after all this...we felt it was best to offer a basic per item shipping to be sure to cover all our shipping cost. It seemed to be the best way to offer our customer sensible shipping.

But at least I learned alot....I know how to put the fedex contibution and the dhl contribution into a server now.

Thanks for responding and God Bless.

Janet

Hey everyone.. I am new to osCommerce and need the fed ex shipping option. I added this one and followed the directions for editing the categories.php files..

now when I add a new product, after clicking the insert button I get this error..

1054 - Unknown column 'products_ship_sep' in 'field list'

insert into products (products_ship_sep, products_quantity, products_model, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_date_added) values ('0', '', '', '', '2007-10-12', '', '1', '0', '', now())

[TEP STOP]

Hey everyone.. I am new to osCommerce and need the fed ex shipping option. I added this one and followed the directions for editing the categories.php files..

now when I add a new product, after clicking the insert button I get this error..

1054 - Unknown column 'products_ship_sep' in 'field list'

insert into products (products_ship_sep, products_quantity, products_model, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_date_added) values ('0', '', '', '', '2007-10-12', '', '1', '0', '', now())

[TEP STOP]

Hi.

Apparently you forgot to do this:

1. Database

Upload file fedex1.sql.php to the /catalog folder of your oscommerce website.

Enter in your browser adress: http://"Your host"/fedex1.sql.php end press "Enter";

Delete the file fedex1.sql.php

Good luck,

Dimon

Hi.

Apparently you forgot to do this:

1. Database

Upload file fedex1.sql.php to the /catalog folder of your oscommerce website.

Enter in your browser adress: http://"Your host"/fedex1.sql.php end press "Enter";

Delete the file fedex1.sql.php

Good luck,

Dimon

gah.. I didnt see that in the instructions.. thanks!

Well I solved my weight doubling issue by doing the following:

Changed:

$this->cart_qty += $qty;

To this:

$this->cart_qty += $qty/2;

and then changed:

$this->cart_weight += ($qty * $products_weight);

to this:

$this->cart_weight += ($qty * $products_weight)/2;

Now I am having another problem: it costs less to ship 1 large item that weigh 63lbs than it does to ship 10 small items that weigh 7lbs. It seems to be counting a box per item or something.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Barry.