• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Direct 2.06 Support thread

Roaddoctor

Hi... I have a problem with this contribution. I change the weight attributes in the product_info.php file, I increase or diminish the weight depending on the quantities of the product. In the shopping_cart.php file I do the sum of the initial weight of the product and the additional weight as the quantity of the product.

When I go to the shipping_checkout.php file this show me the initial weight of the product and not the another weight, the sum of the initial weight of the product and the value of the weight attribute selected in the producto_info.php file.

How can I change the initial weight into the the weight added in the shipping_checkout.php file?

i get this error i have put the fedex.php file in the shipping module folder but this is what i am getting when i use just the test products

Warning: shipping::include(includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php) [function.shipping-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shop4020/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36

Warning: shipping::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/shop4020/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36

1054 - Unknown column 'products_ship_sep' in 'where clause'

select products_id, products_price, products_tax_class_id, products_weight from products where products_id = '1' and products_ship_sep = '0'

how can i fix this?

i get this error i have put the fedex.php file in the shipping module folder but this is what i am getting when i use just the test products

Warning: shipping::include(includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php) [function.shipping-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shop4020/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36

Warning: shipping::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/shop4020/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36

1054 - Unknown column 'products_ship_sep' in 'where clause'

select products_id, products_price, products_tax_class_id, products_weight from products where products_id = '1' and products_ship_sep = '0'

how can i fix this?

It looks like you have not uploaded the language file /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

It also looks like you have not run the SQL file yet

-Dave

I am at a loss. I was using this contribution just fine, then i started not being able to get fedex ground quotes. Whenever i ship AN item of 69 lbs or less, or ship sep multiple items, i get a "Home Delivery" quote no problem. As soon as an item meets "Ground" specifications, over 70 lbs, i get no quotes back. Also, i turn debug on and off, and i get no messages on the screen, should this be in the checkout_shippinp.php display or in another location.

My apologies if this has already been answers, i searched alot. If it has, just link me to that thread. Thanks!

Can someone help me understand Dimensional Weighting? I have seen from earlier posts in this thread that it is beyond the scope of this module, but FedEx is suddenly making an issue of it with a couple of my clients. They are using this, combined with the FedEx label contribution (both versions from approx 11/2005) and it has always worked fine. Now the FedEx rep says they should be using DW and that they are paying too much if not. What's the scoop? I'm not sure how they could ever do it really, as they sell small items, normally several different ones per shipment. They don't know what the size of the box will be until they pack it.

Is this something that is costing them a lot of money? Is there another solution? I could use a little advice.

Thanks!

FYI, DIM weight is a way that they can charge you based on how much space it takes up. Typically you have like a DIM # tarriff, like a DIM 250. What they do is take the 3 dimesinos, multiply them together, and divide by # to get a weight. So a 50x50x50 box of air on a DIM 250 gets charged as a 500lb box of nuts and bolts.

Hope this helped

I am at a loss. I was using this contribution just fine, then i started not being able to get fedex ground quotes. Whenever i ship AN item of 69 lbs or less, or ship sep multiple items, i get a "Home Delivery" quote no problem. As soon as an item meets "Ground" specifications, over 70 lbs, i get no quotes back. Also, i turn debug on and off, and i get no messages on the screen, should this be in the checkout_shippinp.php display or in another location.

My apologies if this has already been answers, i searched alot. If it has, just link me to that thread. Thanks!

Ground vs Home rates appearing are solely dependent upon the Company Name field, if a Company Name is entered they get ground rates, if null, then home rates. Weight is not a factor unless you have customized the mod.

-Dave

Ok so i fixed this with something i found in this thread. I updated the DB to have a company name for everyone of "testco, inc.". Problem is that this is a patch, not a fix. Home Delivery is cheaper, and can be used for all packages meeting the guidelines on size AND under 70 lbs. If a package is OVER 70 lbs it needs to use ground no matter what. If you are shipping primarily to residences, such as I, this creates a dispondency in the quotes. If a customer is a residence, and doesn't have a company, when you do a quote on fedex.com you will get Home Delivery quotes for under 70 lb packages, and Ground quotes for over. Also, am i supposed to just by default add everyone's company to be some default crap?

Is there any way to get this contribution to work this way? I am well versed in php, mysql, and oSC in general but it is very hard to reverse engineer someone else's code and logic.

Ok, i am starting to annoy myself even, sorry for all of these posts.

First, i can't say enough how much i appreciate this mod. Having this ability has caused my plans and business to ramp up dramatically. If you haven't already, the label mod is GREAT and makes my shipping so seemless now its crazy.

The problem i am still having is this. I ship furniture. SO about 50% of my product is UNDER 165 lbs (fedex max), and the other have is not. I have a table shipping module installed to handle the over 150 lbs items, but i would like to get the max weight feature of this to work correctly so that only the right option will show up.

Basically, if you set the max weight (from what i have seen), if your grand total exceeds the max (even with the ship_sep turned on) you will get disabled. This is not correct logic. If i ship 5 x 100 lb items, fedex can take this no problem. If i ship 1 150 lbs item, they will not take it (not without freight). Thoughts?

Ok so i fixed this with something i found in this thread. I updated the DB to have a company name for everyone of "testco, inc.". Problem is that this is a patch, not a fix. Home Delivery is cheaper, and can be used for all packages meeting the guidelines on size AND under 70 lbs. If a package is OVER 70 lbs it needs to use ground no matter what. If you are shipping primarily to residences, such as I, this creates a dispondency in the quotes. If a customer is a residence, and doesn't have a company, when you do a quote on fedex.com you will get Home Delivery quotes for under 70 lb packages, and Ground quotes for over. Also, am i supposed to just by default add everyone's company to be some default crap?

Is there any way to get this contribution to work this way? I am well versed in php, mysql, and oSC in general but it is very hard to reverse engineer someone else's code and logic.

For most account holders, Home is generally not cheaper than Ground, but with FedEx, your rates all depend on your agreement with FedEx. In my case, my Ground discount is way more than Home... but I am a B2B business... so I am happy. In your case it seems your agreement for fedex is nonstandard but works for you.

From your post, it seems you are trying to reverse the logic that most account holders prefer. There is also a contribution out there for an admin controlled checkbox for residential vs commercial... that might help you.

-Dave

Ok, i am starting to annoy myself even, sorry for all of these posts.

First, i can't say enough how much i appreciate this mod. Having this ability has caused my plans and business to ramp up dramatically. If you haven't already, the label mod is GREAT and makes my shipping so seemless now its crazy.

The problem i am still having is this. I ship furniture. SO about 50% of my product is UNDER 165 lbs (fedex max), and the other have is not. I have a table shipping module installed to handle the over 150 lbs items, but i would like to get the max weight feature of this to work correctly so that only the right option will show up.

Basically, if you set the max weight (from what i have seen), if your grand total exceeds the max (even with the ship_sep turned on) you will get disabled. This is not correct logic. If i ship 5 x 100 lb items, fedex can take this no problem. If i ship 1 150 lbs item, they will not take it (not without freight). Thoughts?

look to the max weight parameters established in the stock OSC configuaration. This module uses these variables to determine your shops various shipping configurations... *except when checking items as "ship seperate" then the osc configurations are completely ignored.

-Dave

I am having some trouble getting the Fedex 2.07 shipping module to work I keep getting the following error.

Warning: main(/mnt/w0705/d48/s02/b0288615/www/lawnandgardendepot.com//catalog//catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0705/d48/s02/b0288615/www/lawnandgardendepot.com/catalog/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/mnt/w0705/d48/s02/b0288615/www/lawnandgardendepot.com//catalog//catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0705/d48/s02/b0288615/www/lawnandgardendepot.com/catalog/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Any help would be great,

Thanks in advance,

Doc

I am having some trouble getting the Fedex 2.07 shipping module to work I keep getting the following error.

Warning: main(/mnt/w0705/d48/s02/b0288615/www/lawnandgardendepot.com//catalog//catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0705/d48/s02/b0288615/www/lawnandgardendepot.com/catalog/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/mnt/w0705/d48/s02/b0288615/www/lawnandgardendepot.com//catalog//catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedex1.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0705/d48/s02/b0288615/www/lawnandgardendepot.com/catalog/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Any help would be great,

Thanks in advance,

Doc

That looks like you have not uploaded all the file(s)

Also , you have /catalog/catalog/ ... is that correct?

or check file permissions perhaps

-Dave

look to the max weight parameters established in the stock OSC configuaration. This module uses these variables to determine your shops various shipping configurations... *except when checking items as "ship seperate" then the osc configurations are completely ignored.

I have that set to like 30,000 :). When i set the max weight to like 150 say, i want to be able to get a fedex quote for like 6 149 lb packages, but if a shopping cart with an item considered "freight", the fedex option should be disabled. Right?

Well now, if i set the max weight in the module config to 150, and i try to ship 3 60 lb packages, it disables.

I have that set to like 30,000 :). When i set the max weight to like 150 say, i want to be able to get a fedex quote for like 6 149 lb packages, but if a shopping cart with an item considered "freight", the fedex option should be disabled. Right?

Well now, if i set the max weight in the module config to 150, and i try to ship 3 60 lb packages, it disables.

That is one of the reasons I added the "ship seperate" feature. If the 60 lb items are tagged ship seperate, you could put any number in a cart and it will get rated as x# of 60 lb packages and work.

When the ship-seperate tag is not used, than the osc parameters get involved.

in both cases, the max-weight setting in the fedex module should disable the module at whatever weight you want to convert to freight. Then have your freight module take over at that weight or higher.

I hope I am understanding you properly

-Dave

That is one of the reasons I added the "ship seperate" feature. If the 60 lb items are tagged ship seperate, you could put any number in a cart and it will get rated as x# of 60 lb packages and work.

When the ship-seperate tag is not used, than the osc parameters get involved.

in both cases, the max-weight setting in the fedex module should disable the module at whatever weight you want to convert to freight. Then have your freight module take over at that weight or higher.

I hope I am understanding you properly

I have all of my items tagged to ship sep. But if i have ship_sep = 1, and the combined weight of multiple < 150 lbs packages exceeds a grand total of 150 lbs, it disables. I figure that it should only disable if one particular item is over 150 lbs. (150 lbs being what i have set the max_weight to in the module config). Basically it seems like the max weight is a max weight of the total shipment, where i believe it should be the max weight for any particular item (when ship_sep is enabled). Am i understanding the point incorrectly? If so, i would definately LOVE this functionality as an option in future updates :).

This contribution works great on my site thanks!!

I now have a few questions and have searched teh thread but didn't find solutions for them:

1. i need to add surcharge based on % of the rate quote not by a fix amount. ie. 5% instead of $1.00

I found adding a tax rate and applied to the shipping quote just worked fine. but now the question is, it shows up in the total like this:

subtotal: $20

fedex Ground $7.00

CA Tax: $1.6

Surcharge: $0.45

Total: $29.05

is there any way i can remove the 'Surcharge' amount and add it to the Fedex Ground quote instead of showing the surcharge amount?

2. or this should be in the same question: is there any proper way of adding a % surcharge instead of fix amount to the quote?(without showing it of course)

This contribution works great on my site thanks!!

I now have a few questions and have searched teh thread but didn't find solutions for them:

1. i need to add surcharge based on % of the rate quote not by a fix amount. ie. 5% instead of $1.00

I found adding a tax rate and applied to the shipping quote just worked fine. but now the question is, it shows up in the total like this:

subtotal: $20

fedex Ground $7.00

CA Tax: $1.6

Surcharge: $0.45

Total: $29.05

is there any way i can remove the 'Surcharge' amount and add it to the Fedex Ground quote instead of showing the surcharge amount?

2. or this should be in the same question: is there any proper way of adding a % surcharge instead of fix amount to the quote?(without showing it of course)

That "surcharge" line is not introduced by the fedex module, so I am not sure where that came from.

To have the option to add a % surcharge rather than a fixed surcharge has been on the to-do list for the next update. The following may work but is not tested, let me know.

in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

REPLACE:

$this->quotes['methods'][$key]['cost'] += (SHIPPING_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE + $this->surcharge + $cost) * $this->cart_qty;

WITH:

//						$this->quotes['methods'][$key]['cost'] += (SHIPPING_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE + $this->surcharge + $cost) * $this->cart_qty;
					$this->quotes['methods'][$key]['cost'] += (SHIPPING_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE + $cost*(1 + $this->surcharge / 100)) * $this->cart_qty; // TEST Percentage surcharge

and then

REPLACE:

'cost' => (SHIPPING_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE + $this->surcharge + $cost) * $this->cart_qty);

WITH:

//													   'cost' => (SHIPPING_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE + $this->surcharge + $cost) * $this->cart_qty);
												 'cost' => (SHIPPING_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE + $this->surcharge + $cost*(1 + $this->surcharge / 100)) * $this->cart_qty); // TEST Percentage surcharge

of anyone can offer input please improve the above.

-Dave

That "surcharge" line is not introduced by the fedex module, so I am not sure where that came from.

To have the option to add a % surcharge rather than a fixed surcharge has been on the to-do list for the next update. The following may work but is not tested, let me know.

in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

REPLACE:

$this->quotes['methods'][$key]['cost'] += (SHIPPING_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE + $this->surcharge + $cost) * $this->cart_qty;

WITH:

//						$this->quotes['methods'][$key]['cost'] += (SHIPPING_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE + $this->surcharge + $cost) * $this->cart_qty;
					$this->quotes['methods'][$key]['cost'] += (SHIPPING_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE + $cost*(1 + $this->surcharge / 100)) * $this->cart_qty; // TEST Percentage surcharge

and then

REPLACE:

'cost' => (SHIPPING_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE + $this->surcharge + $cost) * $this->cart_qty);

WITH:

//													   'cost' => (SHIPPING_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE + $this->surcharge + $cost) * $this->cart_qty);
												 'cost' => (SHIPPING_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE + $this->surcharge + $cost*(1 + $this->surcharge / 100)) * $this->cart_qty); // TEST Percentage surcharge

of anyone can offer input please improve the above.

Thanks for trying. i tested and it didn't work. When i put 5 in the Fedex surcharge field, it still shows up as $5 added instead of times the 1+ 5% .

I have all of my items tagged to ship sep. But if i have ship_sep = 1, and the combined weight of multiple < 150 lbs packages exceeds a grand total of 150 lbs, it disables. I figure that it should only disable if one particular item is over 150 lbs. (150 lbs being what i have set the max_weight to in the module config). Basically it seems like the max weight is a max weight of the total shipment, where i believe it should be the max weight for any particular item (when ship_sep is enabled). Am i understanding the point incorrectly? If so, i would definately LOVE this functionality as an option in future updates :).

So is what i said above inaccurate? Is mine just not working correctly?

Also, FEDEX has size requirements on packages. The maximum "Girth" is 165. This is calculated as Length + 2(width) + 2(depth). Length is always whatever the largest is. I think this would be a simple addition. Just add Package_width, etc.. to the table, and a simple check if enabled.

For my site, my ultimate goal is to provide the most information of each product as possible, and give only the right options to my customers. I have a lot of customers that choose the fedex option, then i have to contact them to inform them the package is too big, or its just a bit too heavy, etc... I'd like to have RFQ be the only option when it should be, and fedex be the only option when it can be.

for anyone having problems with godaddy hosting, this worked for me.

I disabled Fedex. Then in Fedex1.php, I changed the part that references godaddy to:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, TRUE);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128");

Then enable the module again, and did a rate request, and that's it. After number of sleepless nights and nothing working, it worked!

Hope this helps someone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

This contribution is great but my client noticed a problem and i don't know if it's a problem with the contributio n or the cart core system. All my products weith less than a kilo so I'm placing 0.05 in the wight field for products 5grms. The thinks is that when i checkout it says:

Federal Express (Total items: 1 pcs. Total weight: 3.05 kgs)

It's like for some reasono 3 kilos are beign add up into the total. If I add another product it says 3.15 kgs.

Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks a lot

Hi, I'am a problem with fedex module: this is the reponse of fedex:

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"370031681"498,"9973594"8,"NONE"9,"43100"117,"IT"17,"10001"16,"NY"50,"US"75,"KGS"1116,"C"1401,"14.0"1529,"1"1415,"13.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"1"1529,"2"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"557,"01"558,"F03C"559,"Invalid sender country"1133,"0"99,""

My origin country is ITALY, I dont undestend wath is the roblem, the setting are correct.. Can you help me?

Thank you so much! greetins from italy

Assuming you have your country set correctly in both the FedEx module AND the osc basic configuration

then look to fedex1.php for the following

if (MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SERVER == 'production') {
	$this->server = 'gateway.fedex.com/GatewayDC';
  } else {
	$this->server = 'gatewaybeta.fedex.com/GatewayDC';
  }

and contact your local italy fedex tech support for a proper italy gateway

that might be it

-Dave