Changed:

$this->cart_qty += $qty;

To this:

$this->cart_qty += $qty/2;

and then changed:

$this->cart_weight += ($qty * $products_weight);

to this:

$this->cart_weight += ($qty * $products_weight)/2;

Now I am having another problem: it costs less to ship 1 large item that weigh 63lbs than it does to ship 10 small items that weigh 7lbs. It seems to be counting a box per item or something.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Barry.

If you made those changes in fedex1.php I would first undo that hack. Then look elsewhere for the problem.

There are many options and settings in osc and this shipping module that effect shipping calculations... go back and read the fedex readme and the osc setup documents...

look to

admin/configuration/shipping/packaging

admin/modules/shipping/fedex...

Make sure you understand the "ship seperate" tag on your products page and what it does to shipping calculations

beyond that if your doubling for some reason the problem is not likely within this module as thousands of folks use it without that issue.

post back with details and I will try to help

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing with this and other shipping modules all day getting prepared for the release of our revised OsC store, which will hopefully launch within a week or two. This will be the first time we have implemented the FedEx module for using FedEx service with OsC and I have gone through the paces with my account rep, played with the module and configured it in just about every way humanly possible.

One thing that I just realized is that when envelope rates are set to true, it seems that Ground rates for international destinations do not show. When I set envelope rates to false, the Ground options (which of course only really work for Canada, shipping internationally from the US) return.

I am wondering if there is a way to have the best of both worlds and be able to show them both, since we have volume discounts with FedEx and particularly good pricing for shipping our products with boxes that fit within the envelope guidelines.

Playing around with it a bit, it also seems that when list rates is set to true, the only option I'm receiving is Ground for Canada, and all of the air options go away. I received a debug error with a test address to France saying that list rates were not permitted for international destinations:

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"2,"E517"3,"Requests for list rates are not allowed for international."99,""

but for the Ontario, Canada test address, I don't receive any error in the debug.

Just looking for any input and/or advice from people with more real world experience with the FedEx module and API up to this point than myself. Thanks!

I got this module set up and running but the one problem is that it's pulling 0 lbs weight for every order...Where do I put the product weight for each item and/or where is this pulled from by FedEx Direct?

Thanks.

Edited by nedwardss

If you made those changes in fedex1.php I would first undo that hack. Then look elsewhere for the problem.

There are many options and settings in osc and this shipping module that effect shipping calculations... go back and read the fedex readme and the osc setup documents...

look to

admin/configuration/shipping/packaging

admin/modules/shipping/fedex...

Make sure you understand the "ship seperate" tag on your products page and what it does to shipping calculations

beyond that if your doubling for some reason the problem is not likely within this module as thousands of folks use it without that issue.

post back with details and I will try to help

Package Tare weight is 1.

I do not use the ship seperate condtribution, could that be the problem?

Thanks,

I got this module set up and running but the one problem is that it's pulling 0 lbs weight for every order...Where do I put the product weight for each item and/or where is this pulled from by FedEx Direct?

Thanks.

A products weight is entered on the catalog product creation page...when you set up the item its on that page towrds the bottom...

There is also a tare weight setting in /admin/configuration/shippiing_packaging/

-Dave

Package Tare weight is 1.

I do not use the ship seperate condtribution, could that be the problem?

Thanks,

If your using 2.07 or higher, If you check the ship-seperate box, then the item will not be combined with other items when rated for shipping. If you do not check it then the item is combined per the standard osc shipping/packaging settings

not checking it would not cause your weights to double

-Dave

This may help some of you. It was posted in this thread by msburko

Re: fedex_direct_2.07 "Invalid recipient country" error

With debug on I get the "Invalid recipient country" error for live shipping quotes to international destinations. I ship from the US.

I read on these forums that it is caused by FedEx account authorization issues. I called FedEx and Rob told me that's not it". I emailed him the debug strings and he pointed out that the (3025,"FDXE") tag is required for international rate quotes. I made the recommended patch to fedex1.php and it now works.

It's not quite that easy. When you include the FDXE tag, Ground rates are not quoted. Since Ground is only possible for US and CAnadian destinations, I put it as an else clause for the existing US, CA, PR test.

Here is my change to <site root>/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php.

Near line 591 is the if statement:

if ($order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'] == "US" || $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'] == "CA" ||$order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'] == "PR") {

$state .= tep_get_zone_code($order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id'], ''); // Recipient state

if ($state == "QC") $state = "PQ";

$data .= '16,"' . $state . '"'; // Recipient state

}

I added an else clause to support international quotes.

else{ // international quote

$data .= '3025,"FDXE"'; // quote express service for international destinations

}

This is my first contribution to the OSCommerce effort. I've been working on my 1st OSC site for 10 days. Sorry it took so long. As a newbie, I welcome pointers on how to properly offer contributions.

I hope this works for you. If not please tell me, Mitch

-Dave

is there anyway i can make it not show the weight of the packages on the shopping cart? and if i edit out all of the international ways of shipping will it stop them from being able to use it to ship something international? also is there anyway to let them be able to choose free standard shipping if they dont want to use fedex?

Edited by duscar

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the Mod and I think everything is working fine but the weight is always +3 for everything. Is this the way it is suppose to be? If I don't apply a weight it makes the package 3lbs. and if say it is 5.22 it is a 8.22 package??? So where should I look or is this normal?

Can anyone please help with this lbs. weight added problem?

Where on FedeX's website do you "sign-up" for "ground" services so that they will be view on the mod? Is it under the myProfile link and preferences or some other sub:sub:sub:sub: link that I can't find it in??

Nevermind my last two posts I figured them out. The first one I had the Tare weight on at 3 and removed it so that fixed it. I just removed the company field when the user logs in or signs up to prevent a user from typing in a company and getting a ground quote. Having it delevered to a home address and slapping me with a surcharge. Sorry for the off the wall questions but I got it working properly... I think... :blink:

Nevermind my last two posts I figured them out. The first one I had the Tare weight on at 3 and removed it so that fixed it. I just removed the company field when the user logs in or signs up to prevent a user from typing in a company and getting a ground quote. Having it delevered to a home address and slapping me with a surcharge. Sorry for the off the wall questions but I got it working properly... I think... :blink:

but now what will you do for your legitimate B2B delivveries? You will now be charging them Home rates for commercial delivery and that could make unhappy customers and drive off business... unless ALL your sales are to residences...

-Dave

but now what will you do for your legitimate B2B delivveries? You will now be charging them Home rates for commercial delivery and that could make unhappy customers and drive off business... unless ALL your sales are to residences...

True but I'm predicting that I will have much more residence sales than business sales. I believe more home customers may fill this info out not thinking anything of it and choose ground for shipping since it will be the cheapest. This would push the surcharge on me. Where as if a business finds that they have been charged the home fee I would be happy to reimburse them the difference and add their business in my admin so next time (if they buy) it won't happen. As I said I think MOST of my business will come from individual customers and not businesses.

--Or have an area where businesses contact ME before they buy so I can make the modifications necessary for them in my admin after they sign up.--

Is there any other way I could do this besides hoping residences don't fill out the company field??

How would I modify the contribution to a set Flat rate for certain items? Using the ship separately option for a flate $120.00 Freight fee.

I thought about maxing out the mod for my larger packages and using the Flate rate module as the "flat rate freight fee"... But if a customer buys one heavy item and the mod maxes out the "flat rate freight fee" would be the only option and whatever else they purchase would not show up on because the mod would have been removed.

Any suggestions?

True but I'm predicting that I will have much more residence sales than business sales. I believe more home customers may fill this info out not thinking anything of it and choose ground for shipping since it will be the cheapest. This would push the surcharge on me. Where as if a business finds that they have been charged the home fee I would be happy to reimburse them the difference and add their business in my admin so next time (if they buy) it won't happen. As I said I think MOST of my business will come from individual customers and not businesses.

--Or have an area where businesses contact ME before they buy so I can make the modifications necessary for them in my admin after they sign up.--

Is there any other way I could do this besides hoping residences don't fill out the company field??

How would I modify the contribution to a set Flat rate for certain items? Using the ship separately option for a flate $120.00 Freight fee.

I thought about maxing out the mod for my larger packages and using the Flate rate module as the "flat rate freight fee"... But if a customer buys one heavy item and the mod maxes out the "flat rate freight fee" would be the only option and whatever else they purchase would not show up on because the mod would have been removed.

Any suggestions?

There are many ways to do what you want without crippling the fedex module

Search the contributions for all kind of options

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4674

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1333

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3494

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/716

and many more... do some searches to find what you need, then sometines you just got to code it or hire someone to perfect it...

-Dave

Hi, I'm new to OSCommerce. I was given a few days to change a website from ups to fedex shipping. The website was done in oscommerce

so I downloaded the Real Time Quotes Fedex module, installed it, got a test server account, everything seems to be working nicely, get my

quotes for products, etc...

Now I have to put the site into production mode, so I got the production credentials and put it into production. I'm still getting the quotes and

everything seems to be in order. The drop off method is 1 which means fedex picks up the orders.

Here's my problem - Other than plugging in the contribution module I don't really know what's going on.

For example, a customer comes to the site and buys something, does the module contact fedex and tell them to pick up an order on such time to

fullfill what the customer ordered? I'm confused because when I ordered production credentials from fedex, they gave me and

authentication key, a production security code and a meter number.

I just plugged in the account number and meter into Real Time Quotes and set it to production with a dropoff method of 1 (pickup). What are

the authentication key and production security code for? There's no place to plug them in.

Am I doing everything correctly? Will the stuff get picked up from the site's client's business address?

So my questions are basically:

1. From what I wrote above, am I doing everything correctly?

2. After a order is placed on the site, what do we have to do? (other than package the order in a box)

3. What are the authentication key and production security code for? I see no place to use them.

4. Does it get picked up automatically? (since i set dropoff method to 1)

5. If everything should be working correctly and I'm just overreacting about my ignorance, at what point is fedex told to pickup the order?

When the customer places the order on the checkout confirmation page? Or is it something the site manager will have to do?

5. I saw FedEx Automated Labels module for fedex on the site. Do I have to use this along with Real Time quotes module or does Real Time Quotes do everything?

Help please, you don't have to answer all that stuff, just add whatever you know to fill me in a bit

Shon

Hi, I'm new to OSCommerce. I was given a few days to change a website from ups to fedex shipping. The website was done in oscommerce

so I downloaded the Real Time Quotes Fedex module, installed it, got a test server account, everything seems to be working nicely, get my

quotes for products, etc...

Now I have to put the site into production mode, so I got the production credentials and put it into production. I'm still getting the quotes and

everything seems to be in order. The drop off method is 1 which means fedex picks up the orders.

Here's my problem - Other than plugging in the contribution module I don't really know what's going on.

For example, a customer comes to the site and buys something, does the module contact fedex and tell them to pick up an order on such time to

fullfill what the customer ordered? I'm confused because when I ordered production credentials from fedex, they gave me and

authentication key, a production security code and a meter number.

I just plugged in the account number and meter into Real Time Quotes and set it to production with a dropoff method of 1 (pickup). What are

the authentication key and production security code for? There's no place to plug them in.

Am I doing everything correctly? Will the stuff get picked up from the site's client's business address?

So my questions are basically:

1. From what I wrote above, am I doing everything correctly?

2. After a order is placed on the site, what do we have to do? (other than package the order in a box)

3. What are the authentication key and production security code for? I see no place to use them.

4. Does it get picked up automatically? (since i set dropoff method to 1)

5. If everything should be working correctly and I'm just overreacting about my ignorance, at what point is fedex told to pickup the order?

When the customer places the order on the checkout confirmation page? Or is it something the site manager will have to do?

5. I saw FedEx Automated Labels module for fedex on the site. Do I have to use this along with Real Time quotes module or does Real Time Quotes do everything?

Help please, you don't have to answer all that stuff, just add whatever you know to fill me in a bit

Shon

First, FedEx picks up from the client based on their agreement with FedEx... ie they come get it, or you drop it off at a service center... it has nothing to do with the module. The module simply gathers the rates based on the clients account number, drop off type, (their rate agreemnt) and charges the buyer during the online purchase based on the packages weight, package configurations etc, while adding any surcharges you may designate.

Once the customer buys, your client goes to Fedex.com and creates the labels and tenders the packages to fedex when they come to pick it up (or you drop it off etc...) OR you can use the Automated lables mod if you want, and print the labels thru your admin panel. I prefer the manual method (fedex.com) so that everything can be triple checked before printing a label... fedex has nasty surcharges if they have to correct an address... and I always confirm the residential vs commercial status to make sure the customer paid the correct rate. so do you trust your customers to always format the adress correctly? not me. Many alsi try to slip a ground rate in when they should be paying the home rate.

If the modules working correctly and getting the correct rates per the customers agreement with fedex, then just ignore the auth key and prod security code. They are probably assuming you are using their inhouse API

Hope that helps

-Dave

First, FedEx picks up from the client based on their agreement with FedEx... ie they come get it, or you drop it off at a service center... it has nothing to do with the module. The module simply gathers the rates based on the clients account number, drop off type, (their rate agreemnt) and charges the buyer during the online purchase based on the packages weight, package configurations etc, while adding any surcharges you may designate.

Once the customer buys, your client goes to Fedex.com and creates the labels and tenders the packages to fedex when they come to pick it up (or you drop it off etc...) OR you can use the Automated lables mod if you want, and print the labels thru your admin panel. I prefer the manual method (fedex.com) so that everything can be triple checked before printing a label... fedex has nasty surcharges if they have to correct an address... and I always confirm the residential vs commercial status to make sure the customer paid the correct rate. so do you trust your customers to always format the adress correctly? not me. Many alsi try to slip a ground rate in when they should be paying the home rate.

If the modules working correctly and getting the correct rates per the customers agreement with fedex, then just ignore the auth key and prod security code. They are probably assuming you are using their inhouse API

Hope that helps

Yes, that does help very much Roaddoctor. Yesterday I was really having a hard time understanding what the module is really doing, but I got it now.

Again, thank you very much, your words were very much appreciated.

Shon

Thanks for the great module.

On the next release, please consider updating the version number in the headers. The current version (2.07.1) shows as 2.04 in the headers, making it difficult to know what version is installed without doing some diffs. Even better would be if the modules (and all OSC modules, really) would display the installed version number in the config screen in the admin interface.

I wanted to disable all international FedEx shipping methods (because they tend to over bill me for those by 100% or more of the quoted amount). So, I changed international_types to an empty array in the appropriate location. Now, international customers see "No Rates Returned, :" in the FedEx section. Is there an easy way to make it just not show the FedEx section (and, better, just not check FedEx) for international shipments?

Can someone help me understand Dimensional Weighting? I have seen from earlier posts in this thread that it is beyond the scope of this module, but FedEx is suddenly making an issue of it with a couple of my clients. They are using this, combined with the FedEx label contribution (both versions from approx 11/2005) and it has always worked fine. Now the FedEx rep says they should be using DW and that they are paying too much if not. What's the scoop? I'm not sure how they could ever do it really, as they sell small items, normally several different ones per shipment. They don't know what the size of the box will be until they pack it.

Is this something that is costing them a lot of money? Is there another solution? I could use a little advice.

Thanks!

basically, if this module is ever rewritten it will be in xml with dimensional capability... I certainly dont have that skill base, but there are those among us who do... Perhaps look at the UPS xml contribution that might give you a better idea how dimensional rating works.

-Dave

Fedex 2.07 not working. here is what I did. i started with a brand new OSCommerce installation. I installed fedex2.07 per the instructions. It didn't work, and just hung, and eventually timed out. So i turned on debug and after maybe 60 seconds i got this screen:

Data sent to Fedex for Meter: 0,"211"10,"303991026"4003,"Mark Rhodes"4007,"Essential Stuff Store"4008,"3460 Zion Canyon Ct"4011,"Pleasanton"4012,"CA"4013,"94588"4014,"US"4015,"925-922-1674"99,""

Seems I got no reply from fedex.

I am on godaddy and I did enable the godaddy fix per the instruction. My setup is at

http://www.essential-stuff-store.com/oscom...e22rc1/catalog/

I'd really like to get this working as i want to use fedex and goggle checkout as my core shipping and payment.

other possibly relevent info:

my store domain www.essential-stuff-store.com is a subdomain, not a primary domain if that matters.

In the server info section I checked if CURL was ok. This is what is there.

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.10.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7a ipv6 zlib/1.2.3

Do you have an account with FedEx?

if so, is your account API authorized to pull rates online?

Did the module pull a meter #? or did you insert one?

Make sure your osc configuration is complete... name addresss phone etc, same for the modules settings.

you are sending data, so you have probably installed correctly, but obviously getting no reply

-Dave

OK some progress. I sort of have it working and this may help others. In the godaddy mod inside fedex1.php, I change the numberic IP to "proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128"

When i first tried this, I got a "no meter" message so at the the CURL problem was solved. Yesterday, FEDEX gave me a meter number to use so when i put that in manually, i got rates. If anyone can help with getting an auto meter number, I would appreciate it.

MR