• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Direct 2.06 Support thread

Roaddoctor

get a free program called winmerge. It will be your favorite tool to add contributions. did you back up your original categories.php file? if not use the original ms2 file or the one in the contribution if your osc is vanilla.

Thanks Roaddoctor. I will look into this program.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this module installed and everything seems to be fine for domestic shipments. When I try international shipments then I get the error

"No Rates Returned, : "

turning on debug shows....

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"29857xxxx"498,"7708705"8,"NV"9,"89102"117,"US"17,"62100"50,"FR"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"1.8"1529,"1"1415,"169.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"5"1529,"2"99,""
Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1133,"0"99,""0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1133,"0"99,""

If I choose an address in Russia I get the debug response..

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"29857xxxx"498,"7708705"8,"NV"9,"89102"117,"US"17,"107150"50,"RU"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"1.8"1529,"1"1415,"99.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"5"1529,"2"99,""
Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1133,"0"99,""0,"125"557,"01"558,"F00B"559,"Invalid recipient country"1133,"0"99,""

My store is located in the US. If anyone can help me get the international rates working that would be greatly appreciated.

I am in the US trying to ship to Australia, but my cart gives me this error below, as repeated above.

No Rates Returned, F05A : Recipient country requires a postal code served by FedEx.

Why is this error showing and how do I get the updated FedEx module?

Hello,

I'm using the "Ship Separate" add-on for "Fedex Real Time Quotes" and I find it a really useful additional. I want to ask if anybody tried to integrate this add-on to "UPS Choice" and "USPS Methods" shipping modules. The code in those files is almost identical with fedex1.php. I'm not an advanced coder so I can't code them alone. If anybody could help with coding of these modules, it would be highly appreciated or at least point me what exactly to modify in those files to have an ability to ship products separately. I would really appreciate help in any ways.

Thanks in advance.

No Rates Returned, F05A : Recipient country requires a postal code served by FedEx.

anyone receiving this error:

Call FedEx and ask if they serve that country and or postal code. If not, then the error makes sense. If so, then ask if your account is authorized to pull international rates for the specific region involved.

FedEx maintains control on their end of many of your possible shipping features/options that you may have. Sometimes a phone call will resolve the issue.

let us know your results.

Thx

PS: A new version will be uploaded soon with the minor bug fixes since 2.06, and the GoDaddy fix, as well as a new optional feature that will be helpful to shippers who use FedEx MULTIWEIGHT shipping, and wish to pass some/all of the discounts to your customer. -soon-

-Dave

VERSION: 2.07 posted

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1462

FEATURES ADDED:

1. Added OPTIONAL ability to apply Tier 1 and Tier 2 shipping discounts based on Order Total Weight.

This should be helpful to MULTI-WEIGHT rate shippers wishing to pass along some/all of their discount.

Discounts only apply to "Ground" rates, and will not effect "Home" rates

2. Added GoDaddy specific parameters to this great contrib.

3. Minor bug fixes thru 4/21/07 from forums.

SUPPORT Thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=238898

----> 2.06 to 2.07 UPGRADE INSTRUCTION <----

Only one file to change:

/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

To install:

1. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!

2. Write down or otherwise save the current data and settings of your FedEx account.

3. Remove the module in admin.

4. Upload the new file

5. Install the updated module in admin.

6. Enter the information you saved from step 2.

Done!

See readme instructions for details of each entry.

New installations: see the readme for complete instructions.

-enjoy

-Dave

when i have the fedex module installed and reach the check out stage i recieve the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_ship_sep' in 'where clause'

select products_id, products_price, products_tax_class_id, products_weight from products where products_id = '30' and products_ship_sep = '0'

[TEP STOP]

As far as I can tell I have installed everything correctly have uncommented the GoDaddy lines for curl.

Any ideas where I went wrong?

Michael

Was this a fresh install? or upgrade from what version?

-Dave

I have installed fedex_direct_2.07 and when the program goes to fedex this is the message I receive:

Data sent to Fedex for Meter: 0,"211"10,"368432105"4003,"Michael Parisi"4007,"Legacy Auto Sports LLC"4008,"13853 Haynes Street"4011,"Van Nuys"4012,"CA"4013,"91401"4014,"US"4015,"818-787-2673"99,""

Got any ideas where I went wrong. I installed files and took out comment for curl on GoDaddy as they are my host.

fustrated,

Michael Parisi

I have installed fedex_direct_2.07 and when the program goes to fedex this is the message I receive:

Data sent to Fedex for Meter: 0,"211"10,"368432105"4003,"Michael Parisi"4007,"Legacy Auto Sports LLC"4008,"13853 Haynes Street"4011,"Van Nuys"4012,"CA"4013,"91401"4014,"US"4015,"818-787-2673"99,""

Got any ideas where I went wrong. I installed files and took out comment for curl on GoDaddy as they are my host.

fustrated,

Michael Parisi

1. Are recieving the rate(s) on the shipping page?

2. Do you have Debug Mode True? or False? in the fedex module?

-Dave

Well the program stops at this point, you never see a shipping page. And yes debug is on.

lets turn off debug - False - and see if things work correctly.

if not, re-double check your install

and/or

Call FedEx or your account rep to verify your are authorized to pull quotes. This is a step that is not always an automatic thing with FedEx. Call their tech support number and explain your using the osc fedex module.

Do you see a meter number in the fedex module?

If you installed the module, THEN ran the /catalog/fedex1.sql.php code,

you may need to remove then reinstall the module for everything to work right.

try all that and post back

-Dave

lets turn off debug - False - and see if things work correctly.

if not, re-double check your install

and/or

Call FedEx or your account rep to verify your are authorized to pull quotes. This is a step that is not always an automatic thing with FedEx. Call their tech support number and explain your using the osc fedex module.

Do you see a meter number in the fedex module?

If you installed the module, THEN ran the /catalog/fedex1.sql.php code,

you may need to remove then reinstall the module for everything to work right.

try all that and post back

Well fedex told me I have to go through their certifcation program to get a meter number. They are going to set me up on their test server then I have to show them that it works and then they will let me go live!

I didn't know that this was so invloved. But I guess this is what it takes?????

Michael

Just a question before I do this contribution, does it allow for you to have UPS and FED EX installed together, I mean is it possible to do both before I do all the .php changes?

I only use fedex so can not comment directly. Perhaps someone here can comment.

Now saying that I can see no reason why it would be difficult. This contibution is almost a completely self contained module, with just osc 2 file edits and a database blip for ship-seperate designation.

If you want a 100% module version with no osc file editing, then use ver 2.05. very easy.

-Dave

Well fedex told me I have to go through their certifcation program to get a meter number. They are going to set me up on their test server then I have to show them that it works and then they will let me go live!

I didn't know that this was so invloved. But I guess this is what it takes?????

Michael

Sometimes

Sometimes it just works. I think it really depends on how your FedEx account gets set up initially. In my case I contacted a FedEx "Rep" for a consulatation. We discussed my needs :), she took it from there, set up my account, had a "tech" rep contact me to see if everything was working... Overall an easy experience. Your mileage may vary ;)

-Dave

Hi I hate to bother you but I am a great grandmother and would like to know something.

I am not a programmer when I read your instructions for this latest version I am confused. Do I have to first do the 204-205 and then this 207?

I know nothing about this so I would appreciate your help. I read the forum and the problems that others were having. I don't know much about this but did get a FedEx account set up. They couldn't tell me how to install it in oscommerce so that's how I find you and the forum.

Thanks so much for your time

Judyxt

For a new installation just follow the directions in the file "207 updated README.TXT"

Begin where it says: ---->2.07 Start New Installation Instructions <----

you will be fine. The instructions are very clear.

For update from 2.06 to 2.07 follow the simple upgrade steps posted.

for update from 2.05 to 2.07, install 2.06 first, then do the simple 2.07 upgrade.

-Dave

I am about to install the fedex contrib and I have a question, if i ship from the US, and someone orders from a different country will that cancel the ground shipping option? Thank you, asasson

When the destination is international, only the availble international rates for that destination should appear. Domestic rates would not appear.

Refer to these instructions to control which rates you wish to allow:

In the file catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php, you can comment out

shipping method lines as you so choose, there are 2 arrays, and an example of

the comments is shown below. In the example, 3 methods will never be quoted:

2 Day Air, First Overnight, and International First. If you comment out the

last method for domestic or international, say 92 below, then please remove

the trailing comma on the last non-commented line.

$this->domestic_types = array(
				   '01' => 'Priority',
//					 '03' => '2 Day Air',
				   '05' => 'Standard Overnight',
//					 '06' => 'First Overnight', 
				   '20' => 'Express Saver',
				   '90' => 'Home Delivery',
				   '92' => 'Ground Service'
				   );

$this->international_types = array(
				   '01' => 'International Priority',
				   '03' => 'International Economy',
//					 '06' => 'International First',
				   '90' => 'Home Delivery',
				   '92' => 'Ground Service'
				   );

-Dave

Hello all,

What I'd like to do is get labels from FedEx without having to manually transpose the information for each order (what a drag). FedEx Labels seemed to be the ideal solution. My prices include shipping, so we don't seek shipping rate info for our orders. We just use FedEx envelops, shipping only documents, nextday, second day. Most of our requests are shipped FedEx. (We use USPS Priority Mail for one weeek delivery - that I'll do manually for the time being.)

I first installed FedEx Labels 2.0. Of course, after running that, I noticed that Real Time Quotes is required. Duh.

I then installed Fedex Real Time Quotes 2.07. Now, when I attempt a "ship" so that I can acquire a label (with default shipping parameters, FedEx Home Delivery), I get:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 110A : The login failed

if I change the delivery to Standard Overnight, I get:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 803E : Recipient name and/or company required.

Naturally, I don't know whether this is a Real Time Quotes issue, or a FedEx Label issue - or both.

Is there something else I have to install?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

Martin

Hello all,

What I'd like to do is get labels from FedEx without having to manually transpose the information for each order (what a drag). FedEx Labels seemed to be the ideal solution. My prices include shipping, so we don't seek shipping rate info for our orders. We just use FedEx envelops, shipping only documents, nextday, second day. Most of our requests are shipped FedEx. (We use USPS Priority Mail for one weeek delivery - that I'll do manually for the time being.)

I first installed FedEx Labels 2.0. Of course, after running that, I noticed that Real Time Quotes is required. Duh.

I then installed Fedex Real Time Quotes 2.07. Now, when I attempt a "ship" so that I can acquire a label (with default shipping parameters, FedEx Home Delivery), I get:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 110A : The login failed

if I change the delivery to Standard Overnight, I get:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 803E : Recipient name and/or company required.

Naturally, I don't know whether this is a Real Time Quotes issue, or a FedEx Label issue - or both.

Is there something else I have to install?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

Martin

OK I think its a FedEx certification issue, Test Server whatnot thing. RTFMS

Yes, call FedEx to set you up on their test server.

So, please ignore for the time being. If there's a problem, I'll be back.

Thanx.

I am registered with fedex and have been working with them on the phone trying to figure this out. I have found where fedex1.php addresses the server i think and have even pasted in the link they gave me for tesing which is slightly different than the one in the program, but I am generating a proper string it just never gets to the fedex server. I have triple checked my install and they even gave me my meter # by dropping my debug string into their program and it gave them a meter # which i have inserted in the meter # field.

As soon as the program tries to run catalog/checkout_shipping.php the program times out as the fedex server is never reached. but if i give the debug string to fedex it generates quotes.

Somehow I am not transmitting to the fedex server.

Stumped and getting more stumped :blink:

Michael

I am registered with fedex and have been working with them on the phone trying to figure this out. I have found where fedex1.php addresses the server i think and have even pasted in the link they gave me for tesing which is slightly different than the one in the program, but I am generating a proper string it just never gets to the fedex server. I have triple checked my install and they even gave me my meter # by dropping my debug string into their program and it gave them a meter # which i have inserted in the meter # field.

As soon as the program tries to run catalog/checkout_shipping.php the program times out as the fedex server is never reached. but if i give the debug string to fedex it generates quotes.

Somehow I am not transmitting to the fedex server.

Stumped and getting more stumped :blink:

Michael

Just to confirm does your server environment meet all the prerequisites?

PREREQUISITES: PHP 4.0.2 or greater is required due to the necessity of cURL

support. To verify you have cURL installed correctly, go to your Admin ->

Tools -> Server Info screen. In the top section, labelled Configure Command,

it must say somewhere on the right hand box --with-curl, otherwise, PHP was

not compiled with cURL. If it does not say this, you may still be able to run

this module outside of PHP if cURL is installed. Another necessary program

that must be installed on the host is OpenSSL. If there is a cURL section on

your Admin -> Tools -> System Info, then way down there is a cURL section.

Under the cURL information line, the right hand side should show OpenSSL. If

it does not, then your admin needs to install OpenSSL so you can run secure

cURL. cURL is used by a number of OSC contributions. Fedex considers the data

sent in a rate request sensitive (it does have your account number), so, they

require a secure connection to their site.

-Dave

Just to confirm does your server environment meet all the prerequisites?

PREREQUISITES: PHP 4.0.2 or greater is required due to the necessity of cURL

support. To verify you have cURL installed correctly, go to your Admin ->

Tools -> Server Info screen. In the top section, labelled Configure Command,

it must say somewhere on the right hand box --with-curl, otherwise, PHP was

not compiled with cURL. If it does not say this, you may still be able to run

this module outside of PHP if cURL is installed. Another necessary program

that must be installed on the host is OpenSSL. If there is a cURL section on

your Admin -> Tools -> System Info, then way down there is a cURL section.

Under the cURL information line, the right hand side should show OpenSSL. If

it does not, then your admin needs to install OpenSSL so you can run secure

cURL. cURL is used by a number of OSC contributions. Fedex considers the data

sent in a rate request sensitive (it does have your account number), so, they

require a secure connection to their site.

I have checked all of the above and Curl is installed so is OpenSSL. I am on goDaddy so I have made sure the goDaddy curl fix is on.

My credit card transactions work fine so I know I can communicate outside the program.

The only wierdness i have noticed is in the behavoir of the shipping module it self. It always shows install. to access the module i have to double click on the fedex line itself. If i click on install nothing happens. I have tried removing the module and reinstalling with the same reults. Could this be a clue of something else wrong?

Michael