• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Direct 2.06 Support thread

Roaddoctor

Hi,

I am new to os commerce and i would like to add FEDEX as a shipping option. I am planning to offer normal prices for Fedex overnight, 2 day and 3 day, but I want to offer Fedex Ground free of charge. I just want to make sure this contribution/module will cover my needs. Out of all the other modules, this one seems to be the best.

Appreciate any advice/help you can offer.

Thanks,

-fred-

Contribution page: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1462

VERSION 2.06

FEATURES ADDED

1. Added per product check box for "Ship Seperate" designation so that

FedEx will now generate item seperate quotes when desired (heavy items...)

2. Added ability to disable the module entirely by weight limit or box

quantity.

3. Products not checked "Ship Seperately" continue to be processed per your

stores existing configuration.

4. In Checkout_shipping, the customer now sees an item count and total weight,

along with an accurate quote for the entire order!

Includes Zone support (V 2.05)

Any donations to help offset our development cost is appreciated. See the readme.txt

Please post any feedback or issues or suggestions for further improvement.

Enjoy!!

-Dave

Roaddoctor

Hi,

I am new to os commerce and i would like to add FEDEX as a shipping option. I am planning to offer normal prices for Fedex overnight, 2 day and 3 day, but I want to offer Fedex Ground free of charge. I just want to make sure this contribution/module will cover my needs. Out of all the other modules, this one seems to be the best.

Appreciate any advice/help you can offer.

Thanks,

-fred-

The module will allow you to offer all or selected FedEx rates. you can dislay list prices or your negotiated rates as well as surcharges etc... To offer free ground, I would disable the ground rates in the module, and then add or use a "free shipping" mod out there and tweak it to look like "FedEx Ground" as the free shipping choice. there are many ways to approach your desired result so you should be fine.

-Dave

I have found what appears to be a bug in the fedex direct 2.06 module. When a customer selects the united states for country and then a US territory such as the virgin islands or peuto rico the shipping options display the domestic labels instead of the international labels that should be displayed but the rates shown are the correct international rates.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Mark

I have found what appears to be a bug in the fedex direct 2.06 module. When a customer selects the united states for country and then a US territory such as the virgin islands or peuto rico the shipping options display the domestic labels instead of the international labels that should be displayed but the rates shown are the correct international rates.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Mark

is this with the catalog item marked "ship seperate"?, or a standard packaging item? or a combination?

I will look into it. thanks

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

Ship separate, standard and combination all exhibit the same bug. It looks like the labels are only checking the country ID to determine whether they should use domestic or international labels. I think the addition of a zone ID check in the state/province field that toggles territories over to international labels would fix the problem.

I have also noticed that ground rates for Puerto Rico aren't working but do for Canada.

Mark

To fix the US territory label bug replace line 603-607

if ($this->country == $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2']) {

$this->intl = FALSE;

} else {

$this->intl = TRUE;

}

with

if ($state == "VI" || $state == "GU" || $state == "PR" || $state == "MH") {

$this->intl = TRUE;

} elseif ($this->country == $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2']) {

$this->intl = FALSE;

} else {

$this->intl = TRUE;

}

This will add a check for US territories and switch to international shipping labels for customers who select a country of US and a state/province of their territory.

hi Roaddoctor and fedexdude,

I had port your contribution to my website, but seems like it only support US and Canada shipper, so i got no luck. (i'm from Malaysia)

here is the code:

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"xxxxxxxxxx"498,"7408046"8,"NONE"47301,"47301"170,"US"17,"47301"16,""50,"MY"75,"KGS"1116,"C"1401,"36.7"1529,"1"1415,"41.00"68,"USD"440,"N"1273,"01"1333,"1"1529,"2"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"2,"F03C"3,"Invalid sender country."99,""

xxxxxxx= is my account number.

here is my website:

http://test.citymall.com.my/checkout_shipping.php?ID=8

If you can suggest an alternative method (i can use fedex ratefinder) or you can help, I'm willing to donate to support your effort.

thanks

Edited by cheechon

Just out of curiosty has anyone had a problem where the FedEx module only returns ground service as an available option? It doesn't seem to matter where I ship to (domestic or USA), the weight or size of the shipment, the only FedEx shipping option available to customers is ground. I checked fedex1.php but all shipping methods are available (none are commented out). I had a look at the debug and it only seems to show one option available when coming back from FedEx. Is there something I'm missing; could my actual FedEx account be the cause of this? Having said that, when I log into the FeDex shipping manager, other shipping options are available (not just ground). I could live with only ground service but brokerage fees aren't included when shipping FedEx Ground (unlike express for example) which means I've got to add that cost somewhere or 'let' the customer pay for it (and nobody likes that kind of surprise). I'd rather have other FedEx shipping options available that customers can choose from so there's no sticker shock.

Just out of curiosty has anyone had a problem where the FedEx module only returns ground service as an available option? It doesn't seem to matter where I ship to (domestic or USA), the weight or size of the shipment, the only FedEx shipping option available to customers is ground. I checked fedex1.php but all shipping methods are available (none are commented out). I had a look at the debug and it only seems to show one option available when coming back from FedEx. Is there something I'm missing; could my actual FedEx account be the cause of this? Having said that, when I log into the FeDex shipping manager, other shipping options are available (not just ground). I could live with only ground service but brokerage fees aren't included when shipping FedEx Ground (unlike express for example) which means I've got to add that cost somewhere or 'let' the customer pay for it (and nobody likes that kind of surprise). I'd rather have other FedEx shipping options available that customers can choose from so there's no sticker shock.

Most likely you need to contact fedex tech support and make sure your account allows all of the rate types.

The default OSC behaivor is to request Ground or Home based rates depending on entry in the Company Name field. I do not use express shipping so can not comment on that.

-Dave

Most likely you need to contact fedex tech support and make sure your account allows all of the rate types.

The default OSC behaivor is to request Ground or Home based rates depending on entry in the Company Name field. I do not use express shipping so can not comment on that.

Yes, I had this same thing happen to me when I installed. I would only get Home Delivery as an option for FedEx no matter what was configured in the back end. If you move your server from "test" to "production" that may help, however you are required to go through a long series of hoops by FedEx in order to get "Certified" to use their production server. Good Luck.

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

PROBLEM IS THIS: No data about the shipment I created is being sent to my fedex account. If I log in online I see there are $0.00 current charges and no pending shipments. Shouldn't the data be sent over to my account? What's the deal?

I just did a test order, and created a test shipping label using the Fedex Shipping Labels contrib which is built for the Fedex Direct 2.06.

I am Certified to use the Fedex production servers. They gave me the URL to use for the production environment, and told me to use the function "subscribe" to obtain a new meter number. I took this to mean that in admin I should set my old meter number to NONE, then it would obtain a new one...which worked. I also use the new URL they gave me for the production server and made sure in the admin that I was using the production (not test) mode.

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

PROBLEM IS THIS: No data about the shipment I created is being sent to my fedex account. If I log in online I see there are $0.00 current charges and no pending shipments. Shouldn't the data be sent over to my account? What's the deal?

This is not a problem of this mod. This contributions calculation activity does not appear in your online "my fedex" stuff... but should accurately appear in all proper respects within oscommerce transactions.

If you are creating labels using the seperate fedex shipping labels contribution, as far as I know, at least when i tried it a year or so ago, the information was not porting correctly and I abandoned its use. I just create my labels manually online using the info from within osc admin and making use of the fedex address book for repeat customers. Hope this helps.

dave

-Dave

Change catalog/Includes to catalog/includes (note the capital I is not supposed to be there) cd'ing to your contrib and using cp -r * /my/site on a *nix box doesn't put the new files in the right place. I would have posted this on the original contributions support thread but I could not find it .. why do people post new topics instead of using the contributions 'official' thread? Curt rants about stupid topics that ask hey do you use 'such and such a contrib' because they cause way too much congestion.

Hi,

Installed the latest FEDEX VERSION: 2.06

Get the following message from fedex:

Federal Express (Total items: 1 pcs. Total weight: 5 kgs)

No Rates Returned, E520 : Common rating error (both Express and Ground).

any idee

thanks Ruud

Hi,

Installed the latest FEDEX VERSION: 2.06

Get the following message from fedex:

Federal Express (Total items: 1 pcs. Total weight: 5 kgs)

No Rates Returned, E520 : Common rating error (both Express and Ground).

any idee

thanks Ruud

Start with a phone call to FedEx Tech support and ask if your account is activated for pulling online quotes. Let us know.

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, anybody help

I just installed the fedex,

I set the debug on

which is the error message,

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"172062385"498,"7467340"8,"NONE"9,"0852"117,"HK"17,"90068"16,"CA"50,"US"75,"KGS"1116,"C"1401,"7.5"1529,"1"1415,"819.00"68,"USD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"1"1529,"2"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"557,"01"558,"F03C"559,"Invalid sender country"1133,"0"99,""

can any body tell me how to fix it ?

here is my setting

Hey There,

I am trying to load this module for the first time, and when I go to complete step #1 (querying the database I think??) I get this for a server response:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

here is what my error log is saying

[sat Mar 10 15:47:13 2007] [error] [client xxxxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxx/public_html/404.shtml

[sat Mar 10 15:47:13 2007] [error] [client xxxxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxx/public_html/favicon.ico

[sat Mar 10 15:47:13 2007] [error] [client xxxxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxx/public_html/500.shtml

[sat Mar 10 15:47:13 2007] [error] [client xxxxx] Premature end of script headers: /home/xxxxx/public_html/store/fedex1.sql.php

I'm a little new to all of this so it could be something retarded that I'm not doing, like the correct address.

any help would be appreciated

Hey There,

I am trying to load this module for the first time, and when I go to complete step #1 (querying the database I think??) I get this for a server response:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

here is what my error log is saying

[sat Mar 10 15:47:13 2007] [error] [client xxxxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxx/public_html/404.shtml

[sat Mar 10 15:47:13 2007] [error] [client xxxxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxx/public_html/favicon.ico

[sat Mar 10 15:47:13 2007] [error] [client xxxxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxx/public_html/500.shtml

[sat Mar 10 15:47:13 2007] [error] [client xxxxx] Premature end of script headers: /home/xxxxx/public_html/store/fedex1.sql.php

I'm a little new to all of this so it could be something retarded that I'm not doing, like the correct address.

any help would be appreciated

Step 1 is to alter a table in your databse by adding the ship seperate field. If the automated method fails, you can use any other sql tool to alter the table. Really, the automated method is pretty much foolproof (sorry :)), at least it will fail gracefully. Something in your store or databse configuration must be non standard.

-Dave

NEED HELP

I have the lastest module, I put in my FedEx ID and it has been 3 days and my Meter ID is still at NONE and my cURL Path is still at NONE. I have SSL up and working, everything seems to work just fine now my secure links are working, just when i go to check out there is no shipping options for the FedEx

Hi folks,

Could anyone send me a correct, updated /catalog/admin/categories.php file? I've done this several times and then end up with T_VARIABLE errors and I'm really close to pulling my hair out. This is my first module I've tried to use and it's pretty discouraging. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

Could anyone send me a correct, updated /catalog/admin/categories.php file? I've done this several times and then end up with T_VARIABLE errors and I'm really close to pulling my hair out. This is my first module I've tried to use and it's pretty discouraging. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Anyone?

I'm getting this error.

Anyone have this problem?

No Rates Returned, F05A : Recipient country requires a postal code served by FedEx.

Are you using a test account with no real city name and zip code? I was, and I got the same error. Create an account, using the name John Doe, but with real city, and zip. See if that works for you.

Edited by soregonmale

Anyone?

get a free program called winmerge. It will be your favorite tool to add contributions. did you back up your original categories.php file? if not use the original ms2 file or the one in the contribution if your osc is vanilla.

-Dave