• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Direct 2.06 Support thread

Roaddoctor

First make sure you have curl installed and enabled

Then make sure the Set cURL Path field has the correct location of where cURL is installed on your server.

Ya! works better when installed, is it.

Now I am getting this message:

Federal Express (Total items: 3 pcs. Total weight: 2 kgs) Federal Express

No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down

I have double check everything and can't see the problem,

Thanks Roaddoctor,

CL

error message.

This is the error message I am recieving when the moduel loads at the checkout page.

No meter number was obtained, check configuration. Error 1247 : Required address field missing: Contact name

any suggestions?

Do you have your account number, Ship From address, and zip etc... set in the module configuaration?

Do you have the store name and store owner fields filled in in the basic store configuration?

-Dave

Has anyone used this FedEx mod along with the "Add Weight To Product Attributes" mod? If so, how did it work out?

I have not tested that, but there is no reason I can think of why it should not carry through properly. The mod uses all the standard fedex2.04/osc processes and only deviates slightly when the ship seperately tag is used.

I see Roaddocter added the ability to set a "Ship Seperately" indicator for products, does that functionality only work with the FedEx shipping option or for any option selected?

As far as I know it is a FedEx 2.06 specific function, but the ship seperate tag could probably be adapted into other mods with some coding effort.

I've set it up and it's running smooth. Great install instructions. I'm going to do some testing and will post back regarding the "Add Weight to Product Attributes" but at first glance, it appears to be working correctly.

Ya! works better when installed, is it.

Now I am getting this message:

Federal Express (Total items: 3 pcs. Total weight: 2 kgs) Federal Express

No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down

I have double check everything and can't see the problem,

Thanks Roaddoctor,

CL

Who is your Host?

let me guess... GoDaddy?

-Dave

Who is your Host?

let me guess... GoDaddy?

No, not at all, I have my own server, which I have full remote control (SSH).

I just need to know what to do on the server to fix this issue. I guest it is like having a car but not knowing how to fix it!

By the way, I have room for hosting :huh:

Thanks,

CL

No, not at all, I have my own server, which I have full remote control (SSH).

I just need to know what to do on the server to fix this issue. I guest it is like having a car but not knowing how to fix it!

By the way, I have room for hosting :huh:

Thanks,

CL

Does your server have cURL installed? verify that it is and working.

Also test again, FedEx is under heavy load this time of year. You may have timed out.

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

A small bug fix for those interested, more of a cosmetic tweak...

Thanks to Dimon Gubanov aka dadsim for the code fix

Under certain store configuaration, on your checkout_shipping page your customers may see something like this with a "Total weight" out to 4 decimals:

Federal Express (Total items: 2 pcs. Total weight: 58.8294 lbs)

I thought it would look better if it only extended to 2 decimal places, like this:

Federal Express (Total items: 2 pcs. Total weight: 58.82 lbs)

BACKUP your file!!

In catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php at approximately line 340

FIND:

$this->quotes['module'] = $this->title . " (Total items: " . $total_qty  . ' pcs. Total weight: '.$this->cart_weight.' '.strtolower(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_WEIGHT).')';

REPLACE WITH:

// Begin truncating to 2 decimals //
  $c_e = explode(".",$this->cart_weight);
  $c_e_dec = substr($c_e[1],0,2);
  $this->quotes['module'] = $this->title . " (Total items: " . $total_qty  . ' pcs. Total weight: '.$c_e[0].".".$c_e_dec.' '.strtolower(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_WEIGHT).')';
//	  $this->quotes['module'] = $this->title . " (Total items: " . $total_qty  . ' pcs. Total weight: '.$this->cart_weight.' '.strtolower(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_WEIGHT).')';
// End truncating to 2 decimals //

-Dave

I installed this today for the fist time, and everything works great!

My only issue is a PHP error I get when I go to Admin -> Catalog -> Categories/Products

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home3/cccinc/centralcoastcycles-www/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php on line 99

What I realized I'd done, is in copying the code from the readme file I included the "ADD" above the line of code... though, I'm an idiot, I may suggest to make it more "me-proof", update the readme file to put a colon after the ADD or sorta format that line to look like the rest.

Thanks for the cool module!!!

A small bug fix for those interested, more of a cosmetic tweak...

Thanks to Dimon Gubanov aka dadsim for the code fix

Under certain store configuaration, on your checkout_shipping page your customers may see something like this with a "Total weight" out to 4 decimals:

Federal Express (Total items: 2 pcs. Total weight: 58.8294 lbs)

I thought it would look better if it only extended to 2 decimal places, like this:

Federal Express (Total items: 2 pcs. Total weight: 58.82 lbs)

BACKUP your file!!

In catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php at approximately line 340

FIND:

$this->quotes['module'] = $this->title . " (Total items: " . $total_qty  . ' pcs. Total weight: '.$this->cart_weight.' '.strtolower(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_WEIGHT).')';

REPLACE WITH:

// Begin truncating to 2 decimals //
  $c_e_dec = substr($c_e[1],0,2);
  $this->quotes['module'] = $this->title . " (Total items: " . $total_qty  . ' pcs. Total weight: '.$c_e[0].".".$c_e_dec.' '.strtolower(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_WEIGHT).')';
//	  $this->quotes['module'] = $this->title . " (Total items: " . $total_qty  . ' pcs. Total weight: '.$this->cart_weight.' '.strtolower(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_WEIGHT).')';
// End truncating to 2 decimals //

ooops! ignore that Replace With and use this instead. The above code is leaving a decimal on integers like "56. lbs". This code will make it look like "56 lbs" or "56.25 lbs"... all better now

REPLACE WITH

// Begin truncate to 2 decimals //
  $this->quotes['module'] = $this->title . " (Total items: " . $total_qty . ' pcs. Total weight: '.$c_e[0].((isset($c_e[1]) == FALSE)? "" : ".".substr($c_e[1],0,2)) .' '.strtolower(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_WEIGHT).')';
// End truncate to 2 decimals //

-Dave

I installed this today for the fist time, and everything works great!

My only issue is a PHP error I get when I go to Admin -> Catalog -> Categories/Products

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home3/cccinc/centralcoastcycles-www/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php on line 99

What I realized I'd done, is in copying the code from the readme file I included the "ADD" above the line of code... though, I'm an idiot, I may suggest to make it more "me-proof", update the readme file to put a colon after the ADD or sorta format that line to look like the rest.

Thanks for the cool module!!!

Readme is now "me-proof". lol thanks for the heads up... I will probably convert the instructions to a fancy html file for the next release. 2.07 is in the works thanks to some donations... Thanks! Any donations made WILL be reinvested into the module so thank you for the support!!

Features currently in development:

-A way to apply two additional shipping discount thresholds based on total weight for those of you who have negotiated rates with FedEx and wish to pass along the all or some of savings to your customer.

-GoDaddy compatibility.

Please post here any other features that you would like to see in the module!! Thanks!

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Is their a way to confirm the shipping address like you can if you were to log into your fedex account via a web browser? I was just wanting to verify an address to make sure it is as accurate as possible.

Best Regards,

Evan

not sure what you mean. The api does not perform any verification of address. You would do that when you go online to print your labels for the customer. I use google earth too to verify home vs commercial too. There is an osc mod that will automate your label printing, but I dont use it and I dont think it does any verification either.

-Dave

If you are using FedEx Ship Manager Direct or API you can indeed do address verification. This is not advertised anywhere on FedEx's website, you actually have to email them.

Email [email protected] with the following information:

Company:

FedEx acct #:

Contact Name:

contact phone

contact email

Make sure you specify whether you want tagged or xml and you should get a response within a few days.

Or.. you can contact your account rep and tell him/her that you need a consultation request to be set up on FedEx API. They can then set you up with a consultant that will work with you during your entire development/integration. They wont do any programming but they can walk you through the whole certification process to get you moved over to productin.

This contribution seems great, but I am having problems getting it to work. Everything is installed correctly, and the admin information has been entered, debugging is on.

When I go to checkout nothing happens, the page goes white and never progresses. The debugging info that is listed is below (x's inserted for privacy):

Data sent to Fedex for Meter: 0,"211"10,"361348605"4003,"Alice xxxxx"4007,"Sunny Bundles"4008,"171x FOREST CREEK DR"4011,"JACKSONVILLE"4012,"FL"4013,"3222x"4014,"US"4015,"904-200-6743"99,""

Does this mean that the info request never makes it to Fedex? I am on aplus.net hosting and I don't think they have cURL restrictions. I am still ironing out some kinks in my SSL (website normally goes to checkout page with FLAT RATE module, but its not secure).

Any recommendations?

Thanks, Jon

This contribution seems great, but I am having problems getting it to work. Everything is installed correctly, and the admin information has been entered, debugging is on.

When I go to checkout nothing happens, the page goes white and never progresses. The debugging info that is listed is below (x's inserted for privacy):

Data sent to Fedex for Meter: 0,"211"10,"361348605"4003,"Alice xxxxx"4007,"Sunny Bundles"4008,"171x FOREST CREEK DR"4011,"JACKSONVILLE"4012,"FL"4013,"3222x"4014,"US"4015,"904-200-6743"99,""

Does this mean that the info request never makes it to Fedex? I am on aplus.net hosting and I don't think they have cURL restrictions. I am still ironing out some kinks in my SSL (website normally goes to checkout page with FLAT RATE module, but its not secure).

Any recommendations?

Thanks, Jon

That is the data being sent by you... Start with a phone call to Fedex technical support. Ask them what is happening on their end. We have found that quite often things seem to "suddenly" work once fedex does something on their end... they never give details, but its helped many people get it working properly. If you have installed properly and have the correct server requirements, the code is pretty solid and works well for most people.

look at ssl or other issues if that doesnt get you going.

-Dave

Another note to add for anyone with my problem...

Everything was working just fine last week, then all of a sudden all I could return from Fedex was the Home Delivery option (even though I had 4 shipping services enabled and uncommented in fedex1.php). Then, this week it got worse, Fedex returned NO RATES and gave the message, "something something, maybe the server is down".

I should note that I have Godaddy as my host, I had all the godaddy settings for curl_setopt so I knew it wasn't that. I called FedEx, and they told me that for custom scripted applications that submit to the fedex direct gateway (no, they've never heard of osCommerce), you have to use this URL:

gateway.fedex.com:443/GatewayDC

instead of:

gateway.fedex.com/GatewayDC

Hope that helps someone out there. The other weird thing is that I cannot ping fedex.com, it returns a timeout...google.com is fine but not fedex....

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

That is the data being sent by you... Start with a phone call to Fedex technical support. Ask them what is happening on their end. We have found that quite often things seem to "suddenly" work once fedex does something on their end... they never give details, but its helped many people get it working properly. If you have installed properly and have the correct server requirements, the code is pretty solid and works well for most people.

look at ssl or other issues if that doesnt get you going.

I sent the same transaction to the production server and was returned with:

0,"311"498,"7371xxx"4021-1,"FedEx Express Shipping"4021-2,"FedEx Ground Shipping"99,""

FYI..

Due to a corporate load the test server and the production server was down over the weekend. This was a planned outage and most customers were notified.

Everything should be back up and running now.

Hmmm.... well I guess they forgot to notify their own tech support team, or at least the guy I talked today (monday). I talked to him on the phone for about 1/2 hour this morning, himming and hawing over possible solutions. I still get a timeout when I try to ping fedex.com.

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

Hmmm.... well I guess they forgot to notify their own tech support team, or at least the guy I talked today (monday). I talked to him on the phone for about 1/2 hour this morning, himming and hawing over possible solutions. I still get a timeout when I try to ping fedex.com.

Are you just trying to get a meter number on the test server?

Are you just trying to get a meter number on the test server?

No, I've applied for certification..I'm about 1/2 way through the process. If I use the test server, all I get is Home Delivery quotes and nothing else. I'm using the production server with :443 after the dot com and that is returning real rates...otherwise I get no results from the fedex server.

Installed Modules: