• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Best payment module

shata

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good payment module that only has like a per transaction fee or low monthly fee. And is really easy to make work with oscommerce because im not very good with html and php/coding and whatever else there may be.

Thanks a ton id be so great full.

-mike

• 1 month later...
Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good payment module that only has like a per transaction fee or low monthly fee. And is really easy to make work with oscommerce because im not very good with html and php/coding and whatever else there may be.

-mike

The two best options in my opinion are Authorize.net (the module is here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...all/search,AIM) and PayPal (the module comes with OSC).

Authorize.net is better than Paypal because it provides you with your own merchant account so that you can process credit cards without sending your users off your site. However, it is a bit more hassle to setup:

1. Sign up with Auth.net

2. Find a Merchant account provider (auth.net will help you find one but you might not get the best deal - better to google "merchant account" and do some comparison shopping)

3. setup auth.net module on your OSC install

Going the auth.net + merchant account provider route will cost a minimum of $25 month (and if you don't shop around you will get charged more) but it is a smoother experience for the user (especially non-geeks that don't know paypal).

-mike

Paypal standard is the only choice for low-cost options (don't even think about 2CheckOut, in my opinion). It only charges a per item fee. All of the rest of them (at leas tthe common ones) charge a month fee starting at $20 plus fees. Authorize.net probably won't allow you to have an account unless your monthly gross sales is at least $1,000. Without such gross sales, it doesn't make sense to pay a monthly fee.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Paypal standard is the only choice for low-cost options (don't even think about 2CheckOut, in my opinion). It only charges a per item fee. All of the rest of them (at leas tthe common ones) charge a month fee starting at $20 plus fees. Authorize.net probably won't allow you to have an account unless your monthly gross sales is at least $1,000. Without such gross sales, it doesn't make sense to pay a monthly fee.

Jack

I am pretty sure that is not true, that auth.net won't let you have an account at < $1k / month.

Most merchant account providers actually like having low-volume customers because it they charge a minimum fee of $10-20 / month and they also get a commission off of the minimum (although you can negotiate lower through your merchant account provider, but not if you call auth.net directly) $20 gateway fee from authorize.net. There are very little costs associated with servicing such an account (since there is no volume) so they make a decent amount of money off it.

Remember, the merchant account is one thing, the gateway is another. They are seperate.

I agree with your main point, though, if you are just testing the waters Paypal is the best option. We spent about 2 months using paypal and then switched to a merchant account + auth.net setup because paypal was confusing some customers.

• 4 months later...

Jack

Jack,

what if i am from Egypt where Paypal does not accept sellers from here , what are my options ?

-mike

Any PayPal IPN module.