• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bought new template, how do I install it?

ibuddy

Basic question, but I bought a new template from monstertemplates.com. How do I install this template? I noticed there is a folder CATALOG but it has all the files and not just a few to change the layout like I imagined.

So do I just overwrite all files in monstertemplate folder with the files on FTP ? Or is there a special way of adding a template?

If you havent made any modifications to your store you should be able to just replace the files.

If you have made mods then you'll need to update the files manually.

The main changes to the layout will be in the following files:

- includes/header.php

- includes/footer.php

- includes/column_left.php

- includes/column_right.php

- stylesheet.css

(And then probably the files in the includes/boxes/ folder too)

• 1 month later...

I think it's very sad that osCommerce does not have, in the admin area, an "Install Templates" button! More people are looking to quickly get a store up and running (myself included) with a look that they have found and are using templates to do this. There doesn't seem to be ANY true real documentation about how to do this. More often than not, I see users offering their services for pay to integrate a template into your system! Maybe this is how the more knowledgeable users want it... Dunno but it's a sad state.

Hello

Is there any tutorial in order to how to install a template in oscommerce?

You may want to give The Simple Template System v4.3.3 a look since it will allow you to integrate any layout into osCommerce, not just including the expensive osCommerce templates that you find on Monster Templates. The contribution contains a detailed User Manual that gets you up and running quite quickly as well as a strong support forum.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I think it's very sad that osCommerce does not have, in the admin area, an "Install Templates" button! More people are looking to quickly get a store up and running (myself included) with a look that they have found and are using templates to do this. There doesn't seem to be ANY true real documentation about how to do this. More often than not, I see users offering their services for pay to integrate a template into your system! Maybe this is how the more knowledgeable users want it... Dunno but it's a sad state.

Todays version of osCommerce ( 2.2 ) does not have a template system bulidt in...so no easy template changes..

Next version ( 3.0 ) will have a buildt in templatesystem , which will make for very easy template changes,

The templates which is available on various sites today is usually changed quite a bit from the original osCommerce structure which can make install for modified shops a bit tricky...

And since the different template/skinning companies use different ways off modifying the design structure of osCommerce a single universal how to do tutorial would not do.

The different template vendors would then rather have to write their own tutorials on how to install/integrate their templates with a oscommerce 2.2 shop.

So for those who want to know how to integrate a purchased template with osCommerce , the best place would be at the vendor where you purchased it since they should know how their templates differ from the standard osCommerce set-up.

Hi,

O.k. what i am wondering. You bought a template so someone makes money

with that. Why do not ask them?

From what i know all this templates work on STS and there is a readme

included how to install the template.

Best Regards

Emanuel

Hi!

I bought a template from the same site and I must say their support team is great and have helped me throughout many problems and doubts. You can submit a ticket here:

esupport.template-help.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

Also, if you had already made some changes in your shop, there's an easy way to upload the new template without interfering in the products already uploaded, etc:

info.template-help.com/after_sale_support/Working_with_osc/article3.html

Does this help?

Joana

Edited by Jan Zonjee

• 4 years later...