• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Create_account.php with login box

After reading a lot on the forum that something should be done with the stock checkout procedure, and realizing it myself when configuring my store, I decided to give a try in contributing with something. :)

This would be the first step in having a more concise and smooth checkout procedure.

What this contribution does is basically display a login box in the create_account.php, but with some more functionality too, not just a simple code append. If the customers is redirected to the create_account page (if he tried to place an order without loggin in), the login box shows.

If he doesn't (for instance clicked on the Create Account direct link), the the login box doesn't show. Also, if the customer has filled the registration form after being redirected from the shopping cart, instead of the "Registration Success" page, he's automatically redirected to the chekout page.

In the installation instructions there's some more info.

Since my files are heavily modified from the stock distribution, I chose to make this contribution only with the step-by-step manual code edit instructions. It's pretty much in the format which most instructions of this kind are (find **** and replace with ****.... ;) )

Download it from here (6 kb zip file).

Cheers,

• 6 months later...

I tried this contribution and found that the requirements for making a new account like certain password length, zip code etc were also applying to logins, so customers weren't able to login via this method.

I imagine it's an easy change, but it's a bit beyond me....

I did also spot another problem that was easier to sort out.

In the login.php file in the languages folder, it contained the line

define('TEXT_LOGIN_REGISTER_DATA','If you don't have an account with us, please use the form below to create one. It's quick and simple!<br> Once your account is successfully created, you will be automatically redirected to the checkout page.');

but the "don't" and "It's" need to be written as

define('TEXT_LOGIN_REGISTER_DATA','If you don\'t have an account with us, please use the form below to create one. It\'s quick and simple!<br>