• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

front page of shop

:'( :'( Please can someone help me, My oscommerce is nearly there, done everything right but can not change the front of the shop to suit my business, like my banner and my colours so that it matches my web site, I am not a programmer

:'( :'( Please can someone help me, My oscommerce is nearly there, done everything right but can not change the front of the shop to suit my business, like my banner and my colours so that it matches my web site, I am not a programmer

Hi That would depend on how much you want it to look the same,

the quickest and best method is to change the banner image..

in the image folder there is a oscommerce.gif either rename your image to

that name and dump it in, or in the header page there is the the bolded below , rename to the name of your image ...make sure it is not more 500px wide, so it does not push out the other images,,

next thing is edit the css files to make the colours of you site,,, if you have buttons in your site now copy the style of them and rename them to the same names as those in the include/language/images/buttons,edit the css style sheet to match your colours and fonts of your current,,, add a link in your site to the catalog...that is the quickest way ...but over time you will learn how to do more

hope this helps

russell

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

</tr>

</table>

Rusty

-------------------------------------------