• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Packing slip and shipping label forms

Justin

For a while now, I've been looking for a laser-printable invoice form with an integrated shipping label. This would allow me to print a single page, peel off the shipping label off the page, slap the label on the box, and put the page -- now sans label -- inside the box as a receipt / packing slip / shipment manifest.

After many fruitless searches, I seem to have come across something that looks like it might work. Have a gander at the following page:

http://www.softwareforms.com/invoiceUSL.htm

(The displayed image is small and hard to see, but perhaps you'll get the general idea...)

Has anyone written a modified version of /admin/invoice.php that will print cleanly on a form such as this one? If somebody's already written a version that will print nicely on a form like this, I'll simply go buy that form, stick it in my laser printer, and be happy. Otherwise, I imagine I'll have to hack away at the invoice.php file until I can get it to print properly on the form mentioned above.

Does anybody have a good system for something like this? If not, what is everybody doing to automate the process?

Cheers,

Justin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been on the same hunt as you for a long time.

i *found* the form recently, the problem is i found it when i placed an order with a competitor to see how they fulfilled things. not sure I can rightly send them an email asking them where they got their form. :D

it was literally a blank 2-part form with a label area cut out in the upper right quadrant of the page.

That would be MUCH easier to align properly. If only I could find the darn thing!

I have also been looking for something like that.

I settled for printing my own packing slips from a web browser and printing out shipping labels using UPS worldshipper.

I setup my database to import data into the shipping software.

I went to some printing companies any they told me that most of the packing slips/shipping label papers are custom.

I hope we find somthing....

Well if you guys find anything please let me know also, or post it here.

I need to find the UK based equivilant, I am sure some of the other UK based guys need them too.

Shout up if you have any news anyone!

CC.

I've been doing it in EXCEL for a yr, and its just about bursting at the seems. I've been hunting down a 'proper' accounting/stock control prog. for a while, and the best so far is MYOB, plus they also do 'pre-printed' forms.

Check this link http://www.myob.co.uk/service/forms/index.htm

The s/w aint bad either, alot more flexible than quickbooks pro....

John[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a great form for this purpose. It took around 4 months, but a friend works in a company that uses the perfect thing.

It is an 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet of paper, with a 3 X 2 1/2 inch shipping label sticker in the top right hand corner. The difference between this form and others I've found is that the invoice area is paper, with a sticker area in the shipping label area. Other forms are all sticker.

It took me about 10 minutes to modify shippinglabel.psd to properly align on this form.

The company is called Heritage Printing, and you need to speak to Dale Lemon. Their phone # is +1 (714) 973-1003.

Please tell him that Jeff Sherwood from BIGWORDS.com sent you. I don't make any money off of that, but I told him I was going to tell you guys and girls, and I'm interested to know how many calls he gets.

The forms are $83 US for 1,000 forms. That seemed on the high side to me, until I realized that it was way cheaper than buying boxes of 25 forms from office despot (and they don't have what we need anyway).

• 2 months later...

I too would like a UK version I have found this, but I think its the same as mentioned above, you can buy them from amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...7903094-3834317

Theres another here

http://pcform.safeshopper.com/40/cat40.htm?943

also a double on that page that you can use to give the customer a return label if you wish!

Another, custom made, could be expensive

http://www.ncr.com/products/supplies/sup_l...product.asp.htm

This one looks ideal

http://www.integratedlabels.com/

ok thats enough searching for our US friends, for us people in the UK I found the following

http://www.westside.uk.com/flowforms/

Look under special products, I have sent an email and will upate you!

These do them too

http://www.centrereed.co.uk/

although a bit of emailing might be needed.

The misses is moaning so I have to go, for those interested I have ascertained that the sheets go under the following names if someone wants to carry on searching!

integrated labels

lable/form Combinations

laser sheets with peel-off label

inkjet sheets W/Peel-off label

hope that help people, keep me informed :)

All of the forms mentioned in the last couple posts use labels that are 4 x 2.5 inches. I'm trying to create an automated system whereby the mailing labels that UPS and USPS output from their web shipping forms are printed on these 4"x2.5" labels, but their oversized labels simply don't fit. Both UPS and USPS appear to output "labels" that cover half a page and are supposed to be folded and inserted into clear plastic containers that get stuck on the box. I'd like to eliminate the extra piece of paper and the clear plastic "manifest holder" thing, but I have no idea how to get these oversized pre-formatted "labels" to fit on a standard 4"x2.5" label like the ones on the blank forms mentioned in this thread.

I have tried resizing the images in Photoshop, but the resulting labels look distorted and probably can't be read properly by bar code scanners. Does anyone know of any solutions to this problem? It would be great if there were a way to directly get the proper UPS/USPS bar codes and other needed information printed directly onto the invoice/label combo form via some kind of UPS/USPS API instead of having to manually re-key data from the OSC database into a separate USP/USPS web shipping form and then print out a separate piece of paper.

I can't imagine I'm the only one who finds this to be a colossal pain in the arse. Has anyone found any good solutions?

Thanks in advance,

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst doing my search for sites above, I must have left some details at one of the sites.

I received a parcel full of different papers with labels integrated into them, if anyone wants me to post them up I will, if not dont worry!

Just back from our great ol capital, have been catching up, i will try and get them done tomorrow for you. If you havent heard anything by friday pm me and remind me! Loads of work to get through!

Ok, I have only scanned one sheet in, see below.

basically the company can make sheets of any type and kind. The sheet below, the two blue boxes at the top are both labels, that can be peeled, the backing to them goes across the entire sheet, and so any size label can be produced. I have emailed the company to get some idea of prices etc, and whether they can provide them unprinted, so you can put your own designs on.

They did send me some other bits, like incorporated membership cards, a blank sheet with one label. Some pre printed with bar codes, and numbered.

When i have an idea of price I will post that up too, I think the blank sheets with a large label would be good. Any other reccomendations, and i will ask.

1front.jpg

Any more questions just ask, I can also put up the blurb that come in the brochure they sent me too!

Ok, Got a reply

Hi Paul

Yes you can have plain ones - and the labels can be whatever size you want them to be. If you can give us an idea of size and quantities - I can get prices back to you.

If you guys let me know what size labels you want and I can get some prices, maybe then one of us can buy a bulk load and distribute them to members, so we can take advantage of bulk prices.

let me know what you guys are after size wise! :)

If you guys let me know what size labels you want and I can get some prices, maybe then one of us can buy a bulk load and distribute them to members, so we can take advantage of bulk prices.

let me know what you guys are after size wise! :)

Whatever works for printing out a web-generated UPS/FedEx shipping label. I think that means a 4.5"x5" for FedEx (wide) and 4.5"x6" (tall) for UPS. I'd say order 4.5x6 and rotate graphics on form if needed for FedEx. (That's roughly 115mmx153mm for those viewing this from across the pond :) )

The 4.5x6 size on the right side of an invoice/shipping sheet is a pretty big chunk of real estate. Paul might have a stock die to manufacture the integrated label forms so there won't have to be any custom die setup charge. I've found several places with 4.5x2" labels on 8.5x11" paper at the top for under $100 per 1500 forms. My gut feeling tells me that they're all reselling the same forms from the same supplier.

In fact, I think there is a standard 4.5x7" label across the bottom of the page that would work out of the box, although that eats a lot of form real estate. Maybe that's why the original scan of the label/form at the top of this page was on legal (8.5x14 paper)...

BTW, what company is Paul from any way?

Ryan Thrash

I presumbe your talking about me, im not from a label company, I just saw the start of this thread and started making some enquiries. So I am not working for or making anything, but I have been in touch with a few companys one of which has been very helpfull, and so I am going as a go between just for you nice folks on these forums.

Hope that answers your questions?

I will enquire about an A4 sheet of paper, with a 4.5" x 6" label across the bottom/top. Personally i think this is to big for me as I dont use UPS or fedex and neither do many retailers in the UK, so i will enquire about a form with a standard shipping label too.

Sorry for the confusion... I'd focus on what you need. I'll probably order the stock forms with the 4.5x7 label at the bottom. Hopfully I'll be able to get them microperf'd and in 8.5x14. A4 paper size isn't really all that common in the states. Thanks for your help!

Ryan Thrash

Its no problem, im sure there are loads of people who want the same as you, if you let me know what size paper you are looking for i should have a price within a few days.

Let me know what size paper you want with the bigger labels, theres no harm in asking!

http://www.pcform.com/intlabels.asp

This is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for. I'm gonna check pricing and if it works out, I'll order a batch and modify the invoice and packing slip scripts to position the ship-to label properly.

If anybody has already done that work for other labels, I would love to have a head start :-).

Heres the reply I got!

PLAIN INTEGRATED LABEL FORM

A4 single part form on 90gsm preprint - boxed in 1000.  label size 100mm x 70mm.

1000 @ ?208.32/1000 + VAT

5000 @ ?64.51/1000 + VAT

20000 @ ?38.79/1000 + VAT

OR

A4 single part form on 90gsm preprint - boxed in 1000.  Label size 115mm x 150mm

1000 @ ?215.15/1000 + VAT

5000 @ ?73.69/1000 + VAT

20000 @ ?48.01/1000 + VAT

All prices are subject to sight of final copy.  Prices are valid for 30 days only.  Delivery approximately 3 weeks from receipt of order.