• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Transfer customer details from access database into oscommerce mysql

Hi All,

Convinced customer to move from not very good ASP & Access based shopping cart.

Have it all set up and ready to go. Rather than ask all customers to have to join again I wanted to import the customer details into OScommerce.

Does anyone have any hints as to how to go about it.?

Thanks

Gav... (been a member for 3 years and only a few posts, whats going on, did some get lost?)

The easiest way would be to setup a script to add the fields from a CSV file (exported from the Access database) to the relevant bits in the SQL tables.

There may be a contribution for customer management to help with this, but i have not looked.

Rob

Rob Bell - Inspired Graphix

Customising osCommerce in Australia, and the world!

View my profile for web and email links.

I'm sorry, but i cannot offer Free support via PM etc, and osCommerce forums prohibit me from putting any reference to paid support in my signauture.

However viewing my profile may provide links to my website or something like that which you may find useful.

The easiest way would be to setup a script to add the fields from a CSV file (exported from the Access database) to the relevant bits in the SQL tables.

There may be a contribution for customer management to help with this, but i have not looked.

Rob

Thanks Rob, yes I had a look for a contribution that may already do this, to save me time, but could not find one. This post was really about seeing if someone would pop up and point me to a contribution or someone may have a script knocking around.

Just me being Lazy I guess, I'll see about writing a script over the weekend, and assuming it works it could make for a handy contribution for those wanting to migrate from Com****us ASP based cart.

Thanks

Gav...

I did this recently - the simplest for me was to insert from the CSV into temporary tables and then from there to export them into a file again in the format suitable for osCommerce (I used XML)

Sonia

Archived