• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need new description boxes on mainpage.

CC

I was wondering if anyone has put out a contribution already that allows you to have a brief description in the mainpage?

I havent seen one, but maybe i have missed something.

Or does anyone know how to put this in place? I have tried but not succeeded!

This is what I mean if you need an idea of what I am on about. I want this on the mainpage of my site for each product.

description.gif

If you can not see it go here: http://www.lan-arena.co.uk/description.gif

Please let me know if you can help me with this, I really need it!

Thanks

CC.

I thought that too Kenny

But I keep buggering something up in my attempts.

It just kills the complete page when I try it.

I have not quite got the hang of database integration with php, and I recon that is where my problem lies... :cry:

I know from seeing your site and speaking with you before that you are quite nifty at messing with OSC, even to a point when some were a little upset.

Putting that behind us I hope we can now extract some of that excellent knowledge you have to help with issues wuch as this. :wink:

In fact - feel free to come up with something on these lines if you wish. :D :wink:

But seriously, if you have any good pointers to help me with this I would appreciate it.

CC.

I have installed this addition but it only seems to be for listings in the categories section rather than on the homepage.

Anyone have instructions on what I need to change in the admin section for this feature to occur?

BTW - nice graphic!

There isnt really anything that can be done to make this work on the mainpage, apart from hacking the mod you have.

I recon if a little time is spent taking out the needed part from the product listing description mod and putting it into featured products mod, then we could make this work.

But I am not sucseeding in making it work at present.

Let me know if anyone else has more luck.

CC.

The descriptions in product listing hack isn't going to help terribly much here. It will give you a handy function to truncate the text you're displaying and show you how to strip unwanted html, but that's about it. The query will probably need to be tweaked a bit and the implementation reworked to suit the module. So basically this will call for a completely new hack.

A hint to integrate things into the admin side: check out the sql instructions for the installation of this hack :wink:

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."

-- Andrew Jackson