• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Subcategory textboxes

chris23

Hello

I have installed the contribution successfully on my site (signshoponline.com.au) however I add the text I want in the Subcategory textbox menu but when I go to the actually category, nothing shows! I have no errors all the contributions functions seem to be working fine. One thing i notice is when i type into the text editor, then seconds later click, 'edit', the text disappears!

Need help please. Thankyou. Bernard

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anybody install this on a OSC 2.3.1 shop?

i cannot find where to place in the index.php this line :

<?php if (DISPLAY_CATS_ON_MAIN == 'true'){

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_CAT_TEXTBOX_MODULE); // added for Subcategory textboxes

} }?>

as in 2.3.1 there is no tep_draw_separator used.

Everything is conditional, you just can't always anticipate the conditions.

I just uploaded a 2.3 version of this great contribution.

All credit goes to the original authors.

/Janne

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.3

Mindsparx template osc Sport 2.2

Mindsparx template Horizon 2.3

+ a few more...

OK, based on the 2.3.1. contri by Janne (great work) i encounter the following problem:

First try:

I run the query on a clean database, it is succesfull.

There is an extra tabel in my database : EXTRA_CAT_INFO

In the admin panel i see configuration settings for the category text boxes.

In the catalog i see category text box options but if clicked i get this error:

error:
1146 - Table 'jamel_store.table_extra_categories' doesn't exist

select categories_description.categories_id, categories_name from categories left join categories_description using (categories_id) left join TABLE_EXTRA_CATEGORIES on TABLE_EXTRA_CATEGORIES.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id where TABLE_EXTRA_CATEGORIES.categories_id is null and categories_description.language_id=2 order by categories_name

So somehow this refers to a newly created table that is not there. I redid the SQL but changed the name of the to be created table to the one in the code.

No effect, the error keeps popping up.

Deleted the database and reinstalled it.

I run the (original) query again a clean database, it is succesfull again.

There is an extra tabel in my database : EXTRA_CAT_INFO (again)

In the admin panel i see configuration settings for the category text boxes.

In the catalog i see no category text box options but at least the error for calling a non-existing database is gone.

But still i have no category text box options.

I checked configuration_group_id as mentioned in the install but all seems OK.

Who can help me out here or who encountered something similar and more important, how was it solved?

Edited by easyq

Everything is conditional, you just can't always anticipate the conditions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

thanks for this contribution, it works well with subcategories , but when i want a text in main categories: no problem in admin, it works but it doesn't work in catalog.

thanks for your help.

Hello,

I have the same Issue

Added this contri and it doensn't work on the main page with nested categories.

Anyone some idea?

Thanks

Lili

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi There,

I have just installed this contribution (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7841) on a 2.3.1 site, and all seemed to go fine. In Admin I see everything fine except there seems to be no way to add anything any text to a category or subcategory. Have I done something wrong here, or am I missing something about how I should add text to a category?

Can anyone tell me what I should be seeing to allow me to add text please?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

Like some others earlier, everything is working when I installed it. The only thing that is off, is the placing of the box.

It shows at the bottom of the page instead of on top. I'm running 2.3.1

I think it's quite a small issue, but I can't fix it.

Anyone?

Like some others earlier, everything is working when I installed it. The only thing that is off, is the placing of the box.

It shows at the bottom of the page instead of on top. I'm running 2.3.1

I think it's quite a small issue, but I can't fix it.

Anyone?

Solved it myself, for people who encounter this problem in the future: just move the piece of coding that is supposed to go in the index.php a little higher in the file.

I have installed "subcategory textboxes för 2.3 v1.2" and everything works fine.

Question, Is there any way to get the category images shown in the upper right corner, like in 2.2 or in 2.3 without this contrib?

osCommerce 2.3.1 - QTPro 4.6.1 - Ultimate SEO URL's 5 Pro r205 - Discount Code 3.1 - Column listing with smart columns - Products Sort and some more

Next issue I found with this contrib, when I choose to display the text on product page also it looks good until I put the products in 2 different categories, then I get 2 category textes on the product page. Anybody else who have ancountered this problem or anybody who have any idea of how to solve it?

osCommerce 2.3.1 - QTPro 4.6.1 - Ultimate SEO URL's 5 Pro r205 - Discount Code 3.1 - Column listing with smart columns - Products Sort and some more

I guess this is the code that shows the textbox on the products page? What should I add/change so it doesn't show it several times as in my post above?

<?php

// category textbox mod

if (DISPLAY_EXTRA_CATEGORIES == 'true' && DISPLAY_CATS_ON_PROD_LISTING == 'true'){

if ($product_check['total'] >= 1) {

// now get textbox description for this *product* and display

$query = tep_db_query("select categories_description from " . TABLE_EXTRA_CATEGORIES . " left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " using (categories_id) where " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES .".products_id=" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . " and " . TABLE_EXTRA_CATEGORIES .".language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

while($category_info_text = tep_db_fetch_array($query)){

if(!empty($category_info_text['categories_description'])){ // prevent output where description not set for particular language

echo ("<div class=\"cat_info_box\">".$category_info_text['categories_description']."</div>");

}

}

}

}

?>

• 2 years later...

It all works like a charm, no problems of any kind...but this is quite strange

See the attached file for more information...How to remove the extra "catalogus" box

post-326578-0-38739400-1391609754_thumb.png

• 2 years later...

I recently installed the 2.3.3.4 version of the contribution into , of course, the 2.3.3.4 BS Responsive Gold version of OsC.

It works fine, but, in the admin, where you add the new SC textboxes, the screen text, other than the right hand standard menu, looks like it's been surrounded by an H1 or H2 tags.

The text is many times the size of any of the other menu item screens and I've spent hours trying to figure out what's causing this.

Any ideas?

TIA

Edited by Druid6900

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished