• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error message still....

I'm getting a weird error message and do not understand why it is even showing up. This is the error message:

++++++++++++++++++++

Warning: open(/tmpsess_b790d82c9f12a5438313b2e228531a9f, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:Program FilesApache GroupApache2htdocscatalogincludesfunctionssessions.php on line 4

++++++++++++++++++++

I am very new to this osCommerce stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was told that I should change the file "catalog/includes/configure.php" but there is no such file in the directory.

Why are you starting another thread?

I was told that I should change the file "catalog/includes/configure.php" but there is no such file in the directory

If you don't have configure.php then your session problems are the least of your worries!!! You won't even be able to run osCommerce!

Come on man, read the manual at http://www.oscdox.com. (specifically the section dealing with INSTALLATION.. and if you still don't understand, come back here and reply.. (there is no need to start yet another thread, though...)

Thank you again. I downloaded the file and printed it out. I promise to read it fully and follow the instructions prior to asking any more questions. I must have missed mention of this documentation somewhere in my haste to install it.

probably the fact that the catalog portion installs

catalog/catalog/ blah blah..

or that you are interrepiting my /catalog as c:/catalog which it isnt'. I'm speaking of

IIS: "c:inetpubwwwrootcatalog"

Apache: "c:program filesapache groupapache(2)htdocscatalog"

(both of course the *default* installs).

actually I set it up properly. "C: Program FilesApache GroupApache2htdocscatalog"

I just keep getting that error on top and two other errors on the bottom of the page when I try and view "default.php" through my Apache server on win2k.

The other two messages at the bottom are as follows:

+++

Warning: open(/tmpsess_81830398eb81cd2e12677ee6b71b5f55, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

+++

with the top one still being:

+++

Warning: open(/tmpsess_81830398eb81cd2e12677ee6b71b5f55, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:Program FilesApache GroupApache2htdocscatalogincludesfunctionssessions.php on line 4

+++

I can see the rest of the page fine. When I try and click on a link though it won't go anywhere either.

See this is weird both you and the book, (page 5), refer to a configure.php file being in both the /admin and /catalog directories respectively. I downloaded Preview Release 2.1 and it doesn't have those files in that directory.

So why can I see the rest of the site just not the top and bottom?

Man, this is what I hate about chat rooms...you have to wait a bazillion years for any help sometimes. ;-)

I appreciate your help but it's like the suspense is killing me okay. ;-)

I think I'm just going to grab the previous release and use the install.php file that should come with it.

Man, everyone on here (me included) assumes you are installing 2.2.

Sorry, that should have been a first question. Go getcher'self 2.2 & try that bad boy! It is much better.. Forget the fact it is beta. It is stable. 95% of contrib/mods are release for 2.2.

Archived