• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to make myurl.com/ easily redirect to myurl.com/catalog/

Ummm. What about a zero size frame at the top (in your root) and the entire site in the lower frame pointing to the catalog?

That way you are technically still at the root level and no one knows you are using frames. Just a thought. No redirect, no mess. Anyone who is shopping online will have a frame capable browser, so problem solved. You don't have to move a thing.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have access to the Apache configuration (and you're using Apache, of course) then by far the best way is to alter the site's root directory - ref. Apache's <DocumentRoot> directive.

Rich.

But how do you get that code in the page?

You create a text file called index.php and place that code in it. Then you place the text file in your document root - eg. in public_html, httdocs or whatever the top level of your web-accessible folder is called.

I see a lot of people suggesting different ways of handling redirects, changing directories etc. Two people have posted there config file because they did not want a redirect and no one has answered their questions. Maybe we should 1st answer:

1)what needs to be changed in the config file to move the directories up one.

2)what other files need to be looked at.

An example would help for those of us that would like to do this.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't made this move yet, but in the planning I found I had an .htaccess file in /catalog/admin which has a path to the admin password file .htpasswd in the same directory. If I move them up without changing the path in this .htaccess file it looks like it would lock me out of the admin section.

What other files could be trouble, or those that made the move... any other problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add more info to this thread for future users, I made the move and here is what I did. The entire thing took me about 30 minutes, but it depends largely on the amount of images you have to move.

First, I backed up the entire site, and made a temporary "down for maintenance" index.html This is a live site.

Then I copied the entire /catalog/ up one directory. I used my ftp client, went into /catalog and selected all, selected move and set the destination at / . That was files and subdirectories.

After they finished copying, I edited /includes/config.php and /admin/config.php. Every instance of "/catalog/subdirectory" or "/catalog/" within the config.php files was changed to "/" or "/subdirectory".

I then tried www.myshop.com/index.php and found it worked perfectly. I also had to edit my /admin/.htaccess file per my previous post. I just removed the /catalog again and now could log into the admin section.

Next was to delete or rename the index.html or index.htm file. My default page is oscommerce's index.php which automatically loads.

Lastly, I edited my missing.html file which in my case is used when a user follows a link into the site and finds it missing. All of my items that Google and Froogle had categorized were of coarse pointing to /catalog. I edited my missing.html so it would show "Page not found" , then redirect in 5 seconds to /index.php. Now people following old links will still get the not found error but will in 5 seconds redirect back to index.php. I'm not sure if this is a smart thing to do SEO wise, but it works.

That's it!

Hi, Guys:

I come up with this solution. I am not sure if there's any downside or good for search engine or not?

Please point out!

Use note pad write a .htaccess file and put this line in the file

DirectoryIndex catalog/index.php

and then

http://www.mysite.com will point to http://www.mysite.com/catalog.

Hope this is useful

• 2 weeks later...

My host did a meta refresh on my website. www.bellamercato.com, which then redirects to the store. Is this a bad thing? My store is still not set, but I'm just concerned about the circumstances down the line, since I've read a few things about spiders and stuff.

My host did a meta refresh on my website.  www.bellamercato.com, which then redirects to the store.  Is this a bad thing?  My store is still not set, but I'm just concerned about the circumstances down the line, since I've read a few things about spiders and stuff.

It's difficult to know what exactly your host did. That's why I rely just on myself. If, as the name indicates, it is in fact a meta redirect, then it is bad, search-engine-wise. if the redirecting is done server side, then search engines won't even know they were redirected (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and it's okay.

Here's what I'm seeing from your site (Partial page because I'm interrupting it by hand before it refreshes):

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=http://bellamercato.com/store/nfoscomm/catalog/">
</head>

Your host has indeed used a meta refresh. That is very bad from the perspective of search engines. Virtually any of the other methods referred to in this thread would be better.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thanks Kymation, I removed my metarefresh and adjusted my config file in catalog, I had none in Admin. Is this right? And I moved up my files to the root level. Check it out now at www.bellamercato.com. Let me know what you think please. Thanks.

Hi, Guys:

I come up with this solution. I am not sure if there's any downside or good for search engine or not?

Please point out!

Use note pad write a .htaccess file and put this line in the file

DirectoryIndex catalog/index.php

and then

http://www.mysite.com will point to http://www.mysite.com/catalog.

Hope this is useful

That looks better. There is a config file in admin/includes/ that you will probably need to adjust as well.

Regards

Jim

Kymation, I have a file under admin called configuration.php Looks like this, if this is the one and if you have a second, what is it that I have to do to it?

<?php

/*

$Id: configuration.php,v 1.43 2003/06/29 22:50:51 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'save':

$configuration_value = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration_value']);

$cID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . tep_db_input($configuration_value) . "', last_modified = now() where configuration_id = '" . (int)$cID . "'");

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cID));

break;

}

}

$gID = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'])) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] : 1;

$cfg_group_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_group_title from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION_GROUP . " where configuration_group_id = '" . (int)$gID . "'");

$cfg_group = tep_db_fetch_array($cfg_group_query);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus();">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo $cfg_group['configuration_group_title']; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<tr>

<td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_VALUE; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>

</tr>

<?php

$configuration_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_value, use_function from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_group_id = '" . (int)$gID . "' order by sort_order");

while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {

if (tep_not_null($configuration['use_function'])) {

$use_function = $configuration['use_function'];

if (ereg('->', $use_function)) {

$class_method = explode('->', $use_function);

if (!is_object(${$class_method[0]})) {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . $class_method[0] . '.php');

${$class_method[0]} = new $class_method[0]();

}

$cfgValue = tep_call_function($class_method[1], $configuration['configuration_value'], ${$class_method[0]});

} else {

$cfgValue = tep_call_function($use_function, $configuration['configuration_value']);

}

} else {

$cfgValue = $configuration['configuration_value'];

}

if ((!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']) || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID'] == $configuration['configuration_id']))) && !isset($cInfo) && (substr($action, 0, 3) != 'new')) {

$cfg_extra_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_key, configuration_description, date_added, last_modified, use_function, set_function from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_id = '" . (int)$configuration['configuration_id'] . "'");

$cfg_extra = tep_db_fetch_array($cfg_extra_query);

$cInfo_array = array_merge($configuration, $cfg_extra);

$cInfo = new objectInfo($cInfo_array);

}

if ( (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) && ($configuration['configuration_id'] == $cInfo->configuration_id) ) {

echo ' <tr id="defaultSelected" class="dataTableRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=edit') . '\'">' . "\n";

} else {

echo ' <tr class="dataTableRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $configuration['configuration_id']) . '\'">' . "\n";

}

?>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $configuration['configuration_title']; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($cfgValue); ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php if ( (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) && ($configuration['configuration_id'] == $cInfo->configuration_id) ) { echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_arrow_right.gif', ''); } else { echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $configuration['configuration_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_info.gif', IMAGE_ICON_INFO) . '</a>'; } ?> </td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table></td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

switch ($action) {

case 'edit':

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . $cInfo->configuration_title . '</b>');

if ($cInfo->set_function) {

eval('$value_field = ' . $cInfo->set_function . '"' . htmlspecialchars($cInfo->configuration_value) . '");');

} else {

$value_field = tep_draw_input_field('configuration_value', $cInfo->configuration_value);

}

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('configuration', FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=save'));

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_EDIT_INTRO);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br><b>' . $cInfo->configuration_title . '</b><br>' . $cInfo->configuration_description . '<br>' . $value_field);

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');

break;

default:

if (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) {

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>');

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . $cInfo->configuration_description);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_short($cInfo->date_added));

if (tep_not_null($cInfo->last_modified)) $contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_LAST_MODIFIED . ' ' . tep_date_short($cInfo->last_modified));

}

break;

}

if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) {

echo ' <td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;

echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo ' </td>' . "\n";

}

?>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Thanks Kymation, I removed my metarefresh and adjusted my config file in catalog, I had none in Admin.  Is this right?  And I moved up my files to the root level.  Check it out now at www.bellamercato.com.  Let me know what you think please.  Thanks.

Now I can't access my control panel, what did I doooooooo?

Kymation, I have a file under admin called configuration.php  Looks like this,  if this is the one and if you have a second, what is it that I have to do to it?

<?php

/*

$Id: configuration.php,v 1.43 2003/06/29 22:50:51 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'save':

$configuration_value = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration_value']);

$cID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . tep_db_input($configuration_value) . "', last_modified = now() where configuration_id = '" . (int)$cID . "'");

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cID));

break;

}

}

$gID = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'])) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] : 1;

$cfg_group_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_group_title from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION_GROUP . " where configuration_group_id = '" . (int)$gID . "'");

$cfg_group = tep_db_fetch_array($cfg_group_query);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus();">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo $cfg_group['configuration_group_title']; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<tr>

<td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_VALUE; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>

</tr>

<?php

$configuration_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_value, use_function from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_group_id = '" . (int)$gID . "' order by sort_order");

while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {

if (tep_not_null($configuration['use_function'])) {

$use_function = $configuration['use_function'];

if (ereg('->', $use_function)) {

$class_method = explode('->', $use_function);

if (!is_object(${$class_method[0]})) {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . $class_method[0] . '.php');

${$class_method[0]} = new $class_method[0]();

}

$cfgValue = tep_call_function($class_method[1], $configuration['configuration_value'], ${$class_method[0]});

} else {

$cfgValue = tep_call_function($use_function, $configuration['configuration_value']);

}

} else {

$cfgValue = $configuration['configuration_value'];

}

if ((!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']) || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID'] == $configuration['configuration_id']))) && !isset($cInfo) && (substr($action, 0, 3) != 'new')) {

$cfg_extra_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_key, configuration_description, date_added, last_modified, use_function, set_function from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_id = '" . (int)$configuration['configuration_id'] . "'");

$cfg_extra = tep_db_fetch_array($cfg_extra_query);

$cInfo_array = array_merge($configuration, $cfg_extra);

$cInfo = new objectInfo($cInfo_array);

}

if ( (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) && ($configuration['configuration_id'] == $cInfo->configuration_id) ) {

echo '                  <tr id="defaultSelected" class="dataTableRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=edit') . '\'">' . "\n";

} else {

echo '                  <tr class="dataTableRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $configuration['configuration_id']) . '\'">' . "\n";

}

?>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $configuration['configuration_title']; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($cfgValue); ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php if ( (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) && ($configuration['configuration_id'] == $cInfo->configuration_id) ) { echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_arrow_right.gif', ''); } else { echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $configuration['configuration_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_info.gif', IMAGE_ICON_INFO) . '</a>'; } ?> </td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table></td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

switch ($action) {

case 'edit':

if ($cInfo->set_function) {

eval('$value_field = ' . $cInfo->set_function . '"' . htmlspecialchars($cInfo->configuration_value) . '");');

} else {

$value_field = tep_draw_input_field('configuration_value', $cInfo->configuration_value);

}

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('configuration', FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=save'));

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_EDIT_INTRO);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br><b>' . $cInfo->configuration_title . '</b><br>' . $cInfo->configuration_description . '<br>' . $value_field);

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');

break;

default:

if (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) {

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>');

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . $cInfo->configuration_description);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_short($cInfo->date_added));

if (tep_not_null($cInfo->last_modified)) $contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_LAST_MODIFIED . ' ' . tep_date_short($cInfo->last_modified));

}

break;

}

if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) {

echo '            <td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;

echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo '            </td>' . "\n";

}

?>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I guess the more I know, the more I dont know. Now that I moved up my files to the root directory, what happens to my admin control panel, the store was installed in store/nfscomm/catalog, wont my sql's be looking for the installed this installed directory?

Now I can't access my control panel, what did I doooooooo?

JavierDiaz-

that is the wrong configuration file. I believe the changes you need to make are located in the Admin/Includes/configure.php file.

-Cheers

Peter is right, you will need to make changes to that file before your Admin will work. The changes needed depend on where you moved your admin directory to. If you need help with this, please tell us where you put the directory.

Regards

Jim

My admin directory is in my root, it looks like this www/. In here you have these

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name Size Type Modified Perm's Actions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back Up 512 Bytes Directory 2005/03/02 20:46 drwxrwxr-x

admin 1 KB Directory 2005/03/02 19:49 drwxrwxr-x

download 512 Bytes Directory 2005/03/02 19:49 drwxrwxr-x

images 3 KB Directory 2005/03/02 19:49 drwxrwxr-x

includes 512 Bytes Directory 2005/03/02 19:49 drwxrwxr-x

pub 512 Bytes Directory 2005/03/02 19:49 drwxrwxr-x

store

Peter is right, you will need to make changes to that file before your Admin will work. The changes needed depend on where you moved your admin directory to. If you need help with this, please tell us where you put the directory.

Regards

Jim

That's the thing, I dont have a configure.php file in admin/includes, I have a configuration.php file, doesnt look like a configure.php file though. What should I do?

My admin directory is in my root, it looks like this www/.  In here you have these

Name  Size Type Modified Perm's  Actions

Back Up 512 Bytes Directory 2005/03/02 20:46 drwxrwxr-x   

admin 1 KB Directory 2005/03/02 19:49 drwxrwxr-x   

download 512 Bytes Directory 2005/03/02 19:49 drwxrwxr-x   

images 3 KB Directory 2005/03/02 19:49 drwxrwxr-x   

includes 512 Bytes Directory 2005/03/02 19:49 drwxrwxr-x   

pub 512 Bytes Directory 2005/03/02 19:49 drwxrwxr-x   

store

I guess since I'm hooked up to Netfirms, when I added the store it didnt install commerce right. It's working perfectly fine now, after like 6 installs, it finally got the config.php in under admin. Thanks a million. So I guess for me to use admin, I can't use it under their control panel, I would have to use it as a web address right?

Just go into your Includes folder (which is in the admin folder) and modify the configure.php file.

• 1 month later...
I guess since I'm hooked up to Netfirms, when I added the store it didnt install commerce right.  It's working perfectly fine now, after like 6 installs, it finally got the config.php in under admin.  Thanks a million.  So I guess for me to use admin, I can't use it under their control panel, I would have to use it as a web address right?

I had the same problem with netfirms.com too, i moved my store to the top level so when people go to my site they just type myurl.com to view my store. I configured both the congifureation files, went to myurl.com and worked fine... Then i logged into netfirms.com to my control panel, i tried to edit my store but it wont connect!!!

Anyone know how to fix this??? And if you have to access the control from url how do you do it?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with netfirms.com too, i moved my store to the top level so when people go to my site they just type myurl.com  to view my store. I configured both the congifureation files, went to myurl.com and worked fine...  Then i logged into netfirms.com to my control panel, i tried to edit my store but it wont connect!!! 

Anyone know how to fix this??? And if you have to access the control from url how do you do it?

I'm about to do this same thing with Netfirms. Have you managed to fix this? Does anyone else have an idea? I would really like to not have a super long and funky url with the meta refresh tag stuff.

Thanks.

Cindy

• 1 month later...

I used the index.php:

<?

header("Location: catalog/default.php");

?>

Does anyone know if this is bad for the search engines? I really dont want to have to do the dir move. I have html descriptions with pics, and every one would have to be changed.

Len

Archived