• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Directory and File Permissions

surfinagain

Directories should be 755 and files should be 644 with the exception of the images and admin/backups folders, which should be 777.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Setting permissions to 777 is only required on servers that are not setup correctly. They should only be used if the host requires it. Otherwise, 755 is the correct setting for all directories.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Setting permissions to 777 is only required on servers that are not setup correctly. They should only be used if the host requires it. Otherwise, 755 is the correct setting for all directories.

Jack

thanks for the replies. when you say it's not needed if the server is set up correctly, exactly what needs to be set up so you don't have to have 777 on images/backup dirs?

Archived