• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Product Prices - Easier Procedure Anyone?

papabear1126

I have a well functioning OSCommerce site thanks to so many helpful people caring enough to take the time to assist me.

I have many items that need price changes and I am wondering if there is an easier way to change prices than to go into each item and go through all the steps one at a time?

I am hoping there is either a way to do this already in place in the basic system?

Or if someone could lay out steps to take to do this in an easier manner?

Here is what I was thinking if possible?

Find the steps to:

Export the products file to a format such as Excel

Open a the products in a spreadsheet such as Excel

Go down the list of products and change the prices for each item as needed

Import the adjusted product file from the Excel file into the existing OSCommerce store

Save and update changes

Anyone know of a procedure already?

I also welcome any tutorials on this and also anything to help a technically challenged person like me figure out how to work with a program such as Easy Populate so we can export from our Unix SCO server running "Basic" or "Business Basic" and populate our products into the store.

Thanks for your time!

OFJ

I do an XML export/import for my clients (its more error tolerant than Easypopulate) - you should find something in Contributions.

Sonia

I would not even know where to begin to do any of that and more importantly I need to come up with instructions that one of our office people can follow to change prices in the manner described.

I also need a way to export products out of their current Unix OSC database, Business program and import into OSCommece somehow.

Most important I need a click by click procedure that could be used by a person that knows very little more than how to use basic office programs and have it be a step by step procedure IF at all possible.

Thanks so much for the suggestion though!

OFJ

MCInc.