• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1st site ever

surjer

Hi everyone. After looking at some of the other oscommerce sites I am really impressed. I did quite a bit of hacking away at this thing but it appears I still have a LONG way to go.

www.watersongsonline.com

go to the catalog section to see the oscommerce stuff.

What are some other steps you guys would take with this site?

It is a nice clean look. There are a couple things to change.

1. The gray box under the site title either needs to go all the way across, or stop shorter. As it is, it looks like there is a sizing problem

2. You need to use a thumbnail contribution. Your images are huge, which makes for nice pop-ups, but there was even a delay in loading on broadband.

3. The stock osCommerce buttons don't quite match your color scheme. You may need to make your own to match

4. You may turn customers away by making them create an account to buy. It is up to you, but you should think about a checkout w/o account contribution.

5. You should provide easy access to your Privacy, Terms and Conditions and Contact Us pages. Your contact us page should have an address and phone number to contact you. Privacy should be punched up a bit. Check other stores for examples, or check for contributions. I think there is one with a expanded version.

I agree with avec .. however .. biggest point for me is it's SLOW ..

Try looking here

i agree it is very slow....

i think it is too much like osC stock and really doesn't need too much work to make it look different. it looks a bit dreary and dull at the moment.

play around with the stylesheet and bring some colour in to it :-)

good luck

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived