• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upgrade from old snapshot to new??

I have an old snapshot(its about 8-14-02 i think) and I want the new snapshot on the site...problem I dont want to delete any of the database info and also there are alot of pics in the images directory I wish to keep aswell..... is there an easy way to do this?

I tried to understand CVS but I didnt get the hang of it...if someone would be willing to explain CVS to me that would be wonderful... I downloaded winCVS and the directions didnt seem to fit...

thanx once again for any help!

If you are not inclined to using CVS ... some of us still go the long way around checking for changes too ... try this link:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/tep/

Sort the list by Age and find anything that has changed since your latest update.

If you play around in there, you will find the Diff to Previous and View very helpful.

I just go through and cut and paste the changes in or over write the files if I have never changed mine.

Also be sure to update your version headers on the files as you go along and you always know how current you are.

Once you get the hang of this, it's really not too bad.

The other method is use this URL for finding new changes then Beyond Compare to actually insert them.

I was truely amazed at how niced Beyond Compare handles updating files.

Keep up with these changes every few days or so and you will stay current. :D

Archived