• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1 template for all product info content

I've spend 4 hours trying to accomplish what I know should be a simple task according to the pdf manual for this contribution (which I greatly appreciate!). Should be an easy answer . . .

I've installed STS v4 and HeaderTagController contrib. All three levels of templates are enabled in the Admin>Modules>STS panel. I'm using a single template for the store and only need 1 template to format the product info content for all the products (small shop right now).

Here's where I've placed my index template files:

Index Template: sts_tempates/store/index.php.html, sts_templates/store/sts_template.html

Product Info Template: sts_templates/store/Content/product_info.php.html

Here are my settings for each of the 3 levels in the sts module in the admin panel:

Default: Default template (v1.0.5)

Use Templates? true

Code for debug output: debug

Files for normal template: sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

Template folder: store

Default template file: sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes: false

Index: Index template (v1.0.3)

Use template for index page: true

Files for index.php template: sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

Check parent templates: true

Products info: Product info templates and content templates (v1.0.6)

Use template for product info page: true

Enable STS3 compatibility mode: false

Files for content template: sts_user_code.php;product_info.php.html

The index and default templates work, the product_info content template does not display. Where have I gone wrong? I know I could manually just edit the actual product_info.php in the cart directory, but then I'm stuck with one product_info layout forever.

Any Help is very much appreciated.

I've spend 4 hours trying to accomplish what I know should be a simple task according to the pdf manual for this contribution (which I greatly appreciate!). Should be an easy answer . . .

I've installed STS v4 and HeaderTagController contrib. All three levels of templates are enabled in the Admin>Modules>STS panel. I'm using a single template for the store and only need 1 template to format the product info content for all the products (small shop right now).

Here's where I've placed my index template files:

Index Template: sts_tempates/store/index.php.html, sts_templates/store/sts_template.html

Product Info Template: sts_templates/store/Content/product_info.php.html

Here are my settings for each of the 3 levels in the sts module in the admin panel:

Default: Default template (v1.0.5)

Use Templates? true

Code for debug output: debug

Template folder: store

Default template file: sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes: false

Index: Index template (v1.0.3)

Use template for index page: true

Files for index.php template: sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

Check parent templates: true

Products info: Product info templates and content templates (v1.0.6)

Use template for product info page: true

Enable STS3 compatibility mode: false

Files for content template: sts_user_code.php;product_info.php.html

The index and default templates work, the product_info content template does not display. Where have I gone wrong? I know I could manually just edit the actual product_info.php in the cart directory, but then I'm stuck with one product_info layout forever.

Any Help is very much appreciated.

Use the "product_info.php_26.html" as an example and then rename it "product_info.php.html". You appear to have everything setup correctly so I would assume the problem lies within the template itself. Do you have the Character Set defined at the top of the template? Do you have the $startform$ and $endform$ tags in the template?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Use the "product_info.php_26.html" as an example and then rename it "product_info.php.html". You appear to have everything setup correctly so I would assume the problem lies within the template itself. Do you have the Character Set defined at the top of the template? Do you have the $startform$ and $endform$ tags in the template?

Thanks for the quick reply. I started with the "product_info.php_26.html" example, made my custimizations and saved it as "product_info.php.html". As for the Character Set, I checked the sample index.php.html as well as mine, and neither have it defined in the header.

The html for my "product_index.php.html is short so here it is: (I've highlighed the template tag in red)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

<?php DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td valign="top">

$startform$

<table style="width: 100%; text-align: left;" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="2">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td style="vertical-align: top;">$productname$<br />

$productmodel$</td>

<td width="200" style="vertical-align: top;"><div align="center"> $regularprice$</div></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td style="vertical-align: top;">$productdesc$</td>

<td width="200" style="vertical-align: top;"><div align="center">

<p>$imagesmall$</p>

<p>$optionchoices$</p>

<p>$addtocartbutton$</p>

</div></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" style="vertical-align: top;"> <div align="center">$imagelarge$</div></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" style="vertical-align: top;"><div align="center">$optionchoices$?????$addtocartbutton$</div></td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

$endform$

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the quick reply. I started with the "product_info.php_26.html" example, made my custimizations and saved it as "product_info.php.html". As for the Character Set, I checked the sample index.php.html as well as mine, and neither have it defined in the header.
Check to make sure you have catalog\includes\modules\sts_inc\product_info.php and catalog\includes\modules\sts\product_info.php

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Check to make sure you have catalog\includes\modules\sts_inc\product_info.php and catalog\includes\modules\sts\product_info.php

I've got the catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php.

I don't have the one in the /modules/sts/ folder. The closest one there by name is sts_product_info.php.

I've got the catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php.

I don't have the one in the /modules/sts/ folder. The closest one there by name is sts_product_info.php.

Yeah, you are good there. Do you have any other contributions installed? Do a file comparison using Beyond Compare or WinMerge to find any missing code.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Yeah, you are good there. Do you have any other contributions installed? Do a file comparison using Beyond Compare or WinMerge to find any missing code.

I'll do a compare to see what turns up. Only 2 other contribs installed - HeaderTag and PayPay IPN.

I'll do a compare to see what turns up. Only 2 other contribs installed - HeaderTag and PayPay IPN.
Check out the new STSv4.3 service pack 1. This has fixed a problem with the product ID tag.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

• 5 months later...
Thanks - I'll download the new service pack and give it a try.

Hello!

Did the update work out?

I am using STS 4.5, which should contain all the bugfixed (hopefully), but have got exactly the same probs that you described above.

Any advice very welcome - tankx a lot!

Cheers

jogi

Hello!

Did the update work out?

I am using STS 4.5, which should contain all the bugfixed (hopefully), but have got exactly the same probs that you described above.

Any advice very welcome - tankx a lot!

Cheers

jogi

jogi, version 4.5.2 has all of the latest known bug fixes to date.

Things to check for:

• product content templates need to be located in "template_folder/content", where template_folder is the name of the folder that is configured in the STS Module in the admin.
  • product content templates should follow the example of the template that is provided in the content folder that came with the STS contribution:

Pay close attention to how you use the $startform$ and $endform$ tags. The code posted above did not use these tags correctly. I suggest placing them in HTML brackets as below:

<p>$endform$</p>

Hope this has helped you out. If not, please ask in the STS Forums (see links in my signature below).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions