• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OsCommerce Download Feature

bkellum

Is it necessary to use download controller to solve this "link" problem ?
No and the tips that I wrote had a stock osCommerce store in mind. However, if you can't get this to work, having the Download Controller contribution may help.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

If the download doesn't work before installing downloads controller, it won't work after either.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

If the download doesn't work before installing downloads controller, it won't work after either.
Thanks Alex. I really feel for those who can't get this download feature to work. If I knew of a more easier way to describe how to do it I would. :blink:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

If there is no link after the order successfully placed, the first thing to check is the spelling of the download filename. It's case sensitive.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Check your database table ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD and see if the filename is logged in the column 'orders_products_filename'. If the filename is there, then check the followings:
// The link will appear only if:

// - Download remaining count is > 0, AND

// - The file is present in the DOWNLOAD directory, AND EITHER

// - No expiry date is enforced (maxdays == 0), OR

// - The expiry date is not reached

• 3 weeks later...

ALSO -- if you're STILL having problems getting the download link to show up (like i was),

i finally realized that the download link will ONLY show if you added the products to

the shopping cart from the products DETAIL page. it will NOT work if you use the "buy now"

from the product listing page.

there may be a contribution for adding the product options to the listing page, which

i believe is what you will have to do to get it to work from there.

Try uploading the files to a folder OUTSIDE the catalog directory called catalogdownload or oscommercedownload. It worked for me, I now have a link when it is a free download.

My issue is that I still cannot get a link for a paid item no matter what the payment status is set to. I have updated it three times and still no link in the history section. Does anyone know how to get the link to appear once the order has been updated?

UGH! What an exercise in frustration... :wacko: :sweating:

Thanks!

K

My issue is that I still cannot get a link for a paid item no matter what the payment status is set to. I have updated it three times and still no link in the history section. Does anyone know how to get the link to appear once the order has been updated?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot! I have a second store on the same server temporarily and I put them in the correct folders but the wrong store. :huh: :o :blush: :-"

Maybe I should get more sleep!

The last issue I need to solve is adding words to the button. It is CSS because I have the BDP installed but it is blank, no words. Anyone know where to edit that? In the source code for the page it shows two n b s p; symbols where the text should be added but I can't figure out which page it would be defined on. All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

K

Edited by shartlesville

The last issue I need to solve is adding words to the button. It is CSS because I have the BDP installed but it is blank, no words. Anyone know where to edit that? In the source code for the page it shows two n b s p; symbols where the text should be added but I can't figure out which page it would be defined on. All help is appreciated.

For anyone who also needs the info:

Go to catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php and look for:

echo ' <td class="main" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DOWNLOAD, 
'order=' . $last_order . '&id=' . $downloads_values ['orders_products_download_id']) . '">' . $downloads_values['products_name'] . 
'<br>' . tep_image_button('button_download.gif', '') . '</a></td>' . "\n";

and add the word Download (or whatever you want the box to say) between the '' after ('button_download.gif',''), so it looks like ('button_download.gif', 'Download')

Good luck!

K

Edited by shartlesville

• 4 weeks later...

Read through the entire thread and didn't notice my issue posted.

I am using PayPal WPP module (allows Paypal and Credit Cards) and when I follow all the steps to enable downloads (no shipping) I get an error in checkout that states there is an error processing the credit card, invalid address.

I believe the error is created because the users address is not being forwarded through to PayPal and therefore the credit card is being rejected as invalid. This error doesn't occur on any other items that need shipping, so I'm assuming the shipping module is used to process the address somehow for PayPal.

Has anyone gotten this to work that also uses PayPal as their credit card processor? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Medeiros

Vantaggio Design, LLC

Tom Medeiros

Read through the entire thread and didn't notice my issue posted.

I am using PayPal WPP module (allows Paypal and Credit Cards) and when I follow all the steps to enable downloads (no shipping) I get an error in checkout that states there is an error processing the credit card, invalid address.

I believe the error is created because the users address is not being forwarded through to PayPal and therefore the credit card is being rejected as invalid. This error doesn't occur on any other items that need shipping, so I'm assuming the shipping module is used to process the address somehow for PayPal.

Has anyone gotten this to work that also uses PayPal as their credit card processor? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Medeiros

Vantaggio Design, LLC

Tom, I have no issues with using PayPal for Downloads. What other changes have you made to any of your shipping and checkout pages? Have you ruled out any possible wrong settings in your account with PayPal such as in your PayPal Profile (at paypal.com)?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Tom, I have no issues with using PayPal for Downloads. What other changes have you made to any of your shipping and checkout pages? Have you ruled out any possible wrong settings in your account with PayPal such as in your PayPal Profile (at paypal.com)?

I'm using PayPal WPP and I've read on other forums that folks using PayPal WPP are experiencing the same issues with Downloads.

I have also installed UPSXML module and Fedex Module, so not sure if they are causing the issue.

Tom Medeiros

Tom Medeiros

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hope somebody here can help me. i have been reading this post for a solution but i didnt find it... although somebody has the same problem; my downloads are working (so no problems of directories, etc), but they are not active when theyre supossed to be (when order status=delivered)

i have two sql statements to put in download.php, the original that came with the installation (2.2 rc1) and other that i saw in a thread here. but with the first one, it will allow download always, and with the second, it will never (aparently, doesnt matter what the order status is).

help please...

the sql statements are these:

$downloads_query = tep_db_query("select date_format(o.date_purchased, '%Y-%m-%d') as date_purchased_day, opd.download_maxdays, op.products_name, opd.orders_products_download_id, opd.orders_products_filename, opd.download_count, opd.download_maxdays from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " opd where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and o.orders_id = '" . (int)$last_order . "' and o.orders_id = op.orders_id and op.orders_products_id = opd.orders_products_id and opd.orders_products_filename != ''");

//$downloads_query = tep_db_query("select date_format(o.date_purchased, '%Y-%m-%d') as date_purchased_day, opd.download_maxdays, opd.download_count, opd.download_maxdays, opd.orders_products_filename from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " opd where o.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and o.orders_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['order'] . "' and o.orders_status = '3' and o.orders_id = op.orders_id and op.orders_products_id = opd.orders_products_id and opd.orders_products_download_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['id'] . "' and opd.orders_products_filename != ''");

ok, i have been triyng some things and it seems to be working, finaly. Both queries needed something it seems. dunno if this can be of any help to someone, but here is the corrected query. now it only shows the download links if the orders_status is 3 (delivered):

// Check that order_id, customer_id and filename match, and that order_status is 3 (delivered) to show the download link

$downloads_query = tep_db_query("select date_format(o.date_purchased, '%Y-%m-%d') as date_purchased_day, opd.download_maxdays, op.products_name, opd.orders_products_download_id, opd.orders_products_filename, opd.download_count, opd.download_maxdays, o.orders_status from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " opd where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and o.orders_id = '" . (int)$last_order . "' and o.orders_id = op.orders_id and o.orders_status='3' and op.orders_products_id = opd.orders_products_id and opd.orders_products_filename != ''");

(this is in includes/languages/english/download.php)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bill,

Sorry to bother you with these questions Bill but I'm really struggling, have been going between my web host that supports osCommerce (allegedly !) and PayPal I'm fast losing my hair, whats left of it. I've spent hours going through the Forums but am becoming more & more confused.

What I'm trying to acheive is selling digital photo files (for download) on my site using osCommerce, I've read & printed out your excellent step by step (thank you) regards loading products into OS. In the Products Attributes, filename field, should I be inserting the complete path? as in: http://www.tridentsolutions.com./photo_dow.../photoimage.zip (photo_download is the folder where all the OS files are placed on the web server).

I have a Business Account with PayPal, the IPN is ON, what file should I be pointing to here? at the moment it has the following: http://www.tridentsolutions.com.au/comersu...entResponse.asp. This is the shopping cart (Comersus) I'm replacing with OS.

Auto Return is also set at ON, what file should I be placing here?

In the Payment Modules, the PayPal has a default setting of: [email protected] what should I be putting here?

Again, sorry to hit you with all this but I'm becoming desperate and would be very grateful for your help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Pete

• 2 weeks later...
ALSO -- if you're STILL having problems getting the download link to show up (like i was),

i finally realized that the download link will ONLY show if you added the products to

the shopping cart from the products DETAIL page. it will NOT work if you use the "buy now"

from the product listing page.

there may be a contribution for adding the product options to the listing page, which

i believe is what you will have to do to get it to work from there.

Where and what is the products Detail page? I do not understand.

Thank you

Mike

Hi Bill,

Sorry to bother you with these questions Bill but I'm really struggling, have been going between my web host that supports osCommerce (allegedly !) and PayPal I'm fast losing my hair, whats left of it. I've spent hours going through the Forums but am becoming more & more confused.

What I'm trying to acheive is selling digital photo files (for download) on my site using osCommerce, I've read & printed out your excellent step by step (thank you) regards loading products into OS. In the Products Attributes, filename field, should I be inserting the complete path? as in: http://www.tridentsolutions.com./photo_dow.../photoimage.zip (photo_download is the folder where all the OS files are placed on the web server).

I have a Business Account with PayPal, the IPN is ON, what file should I be pointing to here? at the moment it has the following: http://www.tridentsolutions.com.au/comersu...entResponse.asp. This is the shopping cart (Comersus) I'm replacing with OS.

Auto Return is also set at ON, what file should I be placing here?

In the Payment Modules, the PayPal has a default setting of: [email protected] what should I be putting here?

Again, sorry to hit you with all this but I'm becoming desperate and would be very grateful for your help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Pete

Pete,

First of all, sorry for not seeing this post until today (hopefully you already got this working but just in case)...

The first thing that stands out to me is your folder that you have chosen to use for your downloads. osCommerce by default looks for your downloadable products in a folder located in "catalog/downloads". Unless you install a contribution such as "Super Download Shop", you will need to upload your products (zip file) into this "downloads" folder. The Super Download Shop contribution will allow you to choose your own custom download folder as well as allow it to be located on a totally different server if I recall correctly. Alex is the author and he would be the best one to direct questions to about this.

Second, you should not enter the path in the product attributes but rather just the name of the file such as "picture.zip". osCommerce will look in the catalog/downloads folder for a file named picture.zip and create the link to it.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Where and what is the products Detail page? I do not understand.

Thank you

Mike

Mike, What I think he meant was that you would need to add your product into osCommerce by using the traditional methods.

I see you were able to get your download issues fixed as mentioned in a separate post.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

The Super Download Shop contribution will allow you to choose your own custom download folder as well as allow it to be located on a totally different server if I recall correctly.
Sorry Bill, I have to correct this one. For security reason, all downloads must be located UNDER the downloads/ folder. SDS allows to store downloads in subfolders under it for better management. Storing downloads on a second server is way beyond the scope of SDS, and it will cost more than double to setup a osCommerce download shop this way.