• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate SEO admin configuration doesnt appear

sukarya

Oh, I see. You are using the latest version where you can create your own url's. I can't help you with that since I have not tried it. But my guess is that a mistake was probably made in the additional install instructions for that part of the contribution that deals with the categories.php file. You should run back over those instructions (did you perform the extra database changes?). If you can't find the problem, then you should ask in the support thread for Ultimate SEO since the author of that contribution frequents that thread and should be able to help you.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...
First look in the configuration_group table. There should be an entry there for SEO Urls. Note the group id number. Then look in the configuration table. There should be a number of entires (at the end most likley) having to do with this contribution. Be sure the group id for them is set the same as above.

Jack

Thanks! I've been stumped by this one for the past several days.

WhatsTheBigIdea.com, Inc.

Bright Ideas for the Web, Print and beyond!

100 Dock Street

Saugerties, NY 12477

(845)247-0909

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Firstly, thanks to Chemo for this really clever contribution!

I have installed Ultimate SEO v2.1.b. I have perfect looking URL's (product, categories) and I am able to navigate perfectly around the site, adding products to cart etc.

BUT..I have never had the SEO URL option showing in the configuration section of Admin. The 'all database settings will be installed automatically on first page request' simply does not happen for me. I have no databaase entries relating to SEO URLs whatsoever.

I have read in posts about people seeing 'succes' messages as the installer goes through it's paces. I get nothing. My database is not being accessed by the installer at all. Which is why I can't see anything realting to SEO in Admin.

The seo.class.php is being accessed (whilst browsing the catalog) as I can get the page to error by entering text amongst the queries but when left untouched it's reading through the code but not doing anything.

It isn't accessing my database to do what's required. Is there something I need to run to kick this into motion??

Please help?!!

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I think it's better to create CACHE table. Here is the code:

CREATE TABLE `cache` (
	  `cache_id` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
	  `cache_language_id` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
	  `cache_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
	  `cache_data` mediumtext NOT NULL,
	  `cache_global` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',
	  `cache_gzip` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',
	  `cache_method` varchar(20) NOT NULL default 'RETURN',
	  `cache_date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
	  `cache_expires` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
	  PRIMARY KEY  (`cache_id`,`cache_language_id`),
	  KEY `cache_id` (`cache_id`),
	  KEY `cache_language_id` (`cache_language_id`),
	  KEY `cache_global` (`cache_global`)
	) TYPE=MyISAM;

I take it from SEO contribution. And it works for me.

• 3 weeks later...
OK - I figured it out, but I'm not sure I got all of the right values.

The configuration_group table was missing the record it needed to make it show up in the Admin > Configuration. I added the following record:

configuration_group_id = 63

configuration_group_title = SEO URLs

configuration_group_description = Options for Ultimate SEO URLs by Chemo

sort_order = 63

visible = 1

configuration_group_key = GC_SEO_URL

I then updated all of the relevent records in the configuration table using:

UPDATE configuration SET configuration_group_id = '63' WHERE configuration_key LIKE '%SEO%'

It seems to work OK. the only question I have left is - what should I have used for the configuration_group.configuration_group_key? I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere.

Can someone give me the value for the configuration_group_key, this key is not in the configuration_group