• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate SEO admin configuration doesnt appear

sukarya

Hi,

I have intalled the latest Ultimate SEO version <with the additional instalation file> but the SEO topic in the ADMIN - > Configuration isnt there.

can anyone help?

Thanks,

Sharon.

Edited by sukarya

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

Hi,

I had the same error and fixed it by replacing in includes/application_top.php

if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true')

By

if (1)

Then called any product page in the catalog, all the installation changes were done and the SEO menu appeared in Administration.

Afert it, I deleted my changes in includes/application_top.php

• 1 month later...

I've installed the Ultimate Seo URL and the Seo URL link does not appear in my admin/configuration. Someone had suggested replacing in includes/application_top.php

if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true')

to

if(1)

Well, the above doesn't work for me. Is there anything else that I could try? I've uninstalled and reinstalled this several times already.

The option in admin is not added until you use the contribution in the shop. Have you done that?

Jack

I just finished installing the whole thing. It's not showing up in my Admin either. Is there something you're refering to that needs to be turned on?

After it is installed, go to your shop and click on a category. That will iniitialize it and setup the database. If you go into admin, you should see it then.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

After it is installed, go to your shop and click on a category. That will iniitialize it and setup the database. If you go into admin, you should see it then.

Jack

Thanks Jack. I'd already been in surfing around testing out the shop, so yes, it should have already been set up. Interestingly, the first product I clicked on in the "New Products" gave me an error that said the product wasnt there. I went back to the main page and tried again and it acted normal after that. I took that aas a sign that the database and supporting files were being setup on the first action in the shop after the installation. The links showing in the status bar are different than they used to be and include the product name.

I still don't have the SEO URL entry in the Admin > Configuration.

That didn't work for me.

Hi,

I had the same error and fixed it by replacing in includes/application_top.php

By .

Then called any product page in the catalog, all the installation changes were done and the SEO menu appeared in Administration.

Afert it, I deleted my changes in includes/application_top.php

Thanks Jack. I'd already been in surfing around testing out the shop, so yes, it should have already been set up. Interestingly, the first product I clicked on in the "New Products" gave me an error that said the product wasnt there. I went back to the main page and tried again and it acted normal after that. I took that aas a sign that the database and supporting files were being setup on the first action in the shop after the installation. The links showing in the status bar are different than they used to be and include the product name.

I still don't have the SEO URL entry in the Admin > Configuration.

All I can think of is that the required changes were not made to the admin section. You should verify that the files on the server actually have the changes. Sometimes an ftp fails and a file is not replaced.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

All I can think of is that the required changes were not made to the admin section. You should verify that the files on the server actually have the changes. Sometimes an ftp fails and a file is not replaced.

Jack

Thanks for the advice, Jack.

I've been through this stuff a bunch of times. I just got through comparing the files on the server with both my local files and the files provided in the contribution using WinMerge. I could find no problems at all. I'd previously installed the UltraImage contribution which modifies the admin/categories.php pretty extensively. There are a couple of places where the two have mods to the same lines. They are in queries and it looked to me like all I had to do was add the field requested by Ultimate SEO URL to the query. Does anyone know of conflicts between the Ultimate SEO URLs and UltraImage contributions?

Another thing I do have a question about is where exactly in the code does it place the title of the SEO URLs into the Admin > Configuration box?

I don't understand the last question. It doesn't place the titles anywhere. It creates them as needed.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm still not getting the SEO URL link in my admin/configuration either. I sell books and my category links have changed from index.php?cPath=1 to fantasy-science-fiction-c-73.html. Does this mean it's working properly? What else can I try to get this in my admin/configuration?

Yes, it means it is working. You could look in your database configuration table to see if the entry was made for it. Maybe the wrong ID was created somehow so it isn't showing up.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't understand the last question. It doesn't place the titles anywhere. It creates them as needed.

Jack

Shelby and I are saying the same thing. It's easy to see that the URLS have changed, and that's a good thing. Step 9 of the installation instructions (which rock, by the way) say "You will find a new setting group in your admin control panel under Configuration => SEO URLs". That's what Shelby and I aren't getting. It's not there and we can't figure out why.

You mentioned an entry in the configuration table. There are a stack of them cor this contribution; what am I looking for exactly?

Thanks very much for your help!

First look in the configuration_group table. There should be an entry there for SEO Urls. Note the group id number. Then look in the configuration table. There should be a number of entires (at the end most likley) having to do with this contribution. Be sure the group id for them is set the same as above.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

First look in the configuration_group table. There should be an entry there for SEO Urls. Note the group id number. Then look in the configuration table. There should be a number of entires (at the end most likley) having to do with this contribution. Be sure the group id for them is set the same as above.

Jack

Now we're getting somewhere! There is no SEO URLs entry in the Configuration_Group table, and the Configuration_Group_ID for each of the entries in the Configuration table has a value of 0. What should the values be?

Edited by divemate

The values should be whatever the ID is in the configuration_group table. I don't know why there isn't an entry there but you can add one manually and then set the other ID values appropriately.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The values should be whatever the ID is in the configuration_group table. I don't know why there isn't an entry there but you can add one manually and then set the other ID values appropriately.

Jack

Thanks for your help, Jack. What should the values in the configuration_group table be?

OK - I figured it out, but I'm not sure I got all of the right values.

The configuration_group table was missing the record it needed to make it show up in the Admin > Configuration. I added the following record:

configuration_group_id = 63

configuration_group_title = SEO URLs

configuration_group_description = Options for Ultimate SEO URLs by Chemo

sort_order = 63

visible = 1

configuration_group_key = GC_SEO_URL

I then updated all of the relevent records in the configuration table using:

UPDATE configuration SET configuration_group_id = '63' WHERE configuration_key LIKE '%SEO%'

It seems to work OK. the only question I have left is - what should I have used for the configuration_group.configuration_group_key? I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere.

Edited by divemate

OK - I figured it out, but I'm not sure I got all of the right values.

The configuration_group table was missing the record it needed to make it show up in the Admin > Configuration. I added the following record:

configuration_group_id = 63

configuration_group_title = SEO URLs

configuration_group_description = Options for Ultimate SEO URLs by Chemo

sort_order = 63

visible = 1

configuration_group_key = GC_SEO_URL

I then updated all of the relevent records in the configuration table using:

UPDATE configuration SET configuration_group_id = '63' WHERE configuration_key LIKE '%SEO%'

It seems to work OK. the only question I have left is - what should I have used for the configuration_group.configuration_group_key? I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere.

Is it working in the admin for you now? How did you come up with the configuration_group_id = 63?

My configuration_group table only has 17 entries so should my configuration_group_id = 18?

The number doesn't matter as long as it is unique and matches the entries in the configuration table.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons