• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seo Urls and Google supplemetal results

dumb_question

Hi!

I have SEO urls installed and recently I upgraded it to 2.2.

I have about 210 pages stuck in google supplemental. Most of the pages are from the older version of the site and more than 90% of these pages are product review pages. I have product review disabled in my site now. I was hoping that I would see a 301 redirect when i clicked on these pages( from within google search) but instead i see a newly generated product review page. This makes google think that i have duplicate content and hence the plenty.

Here is an example:

Old cached url in Google supplemental= site.com/old-url-pr12.html (this url existed in old version of the site)

I click on this url in google search...new url i see is still the same =site.com/old-url-pr12.html( the only difference is that current version of the site doesnt have it and looks like SEO url mod creates it for me)..

is there anyway to stop this from happening....did my coder install the contribution incorrectly... I would ideally like to see a 404 when i click the url from within Google search. is that possible?

I desperately need help.. I will even pay for your time if you have a solution for me.

many thanks

Edited by dumb_question

Hi!

I have SEO urls installed and recently I upgraded it to 2.2.

I have about 210 pages stuck in google supplemental. Most of the pages are from the older version of the site and more than 90% of these pages are product review pages. I have product review disabled in my site now. After installing the latest update of seo urls , I was hoping that I would see a 301 redirect when i clicked on these pages( from within google search) but instead i see a newly generated product review page . This makes google think that i have duplicate content and hence the plenty.

Here is an example:

Old cached url in Google supplemental= site.com/old-url-pr12.html (this url existed in old version of the site)

I click on this url in google search...new url i see is still the same =site.com/old-url-pr12.html( the only difference is that current version of the site doesnt have it and looks like SEO url mod creates it for me)..

is there anyway to stop this from happening....did my coder install the contribution incorrectly... I would ideally like to see a 404 when i click the url from within Google search. is that possible?

I desperately need help.. I will even pay for your time if you have a solution for me.

Anyone?

many thanks