• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Auction Module

deathgod

Also, no emails are being sent--

is there supposed to be an admin page that gives me a list of bidders?

thanks

To send emails, edit product_info.php. Aroun lne 52 you find:

// send email notify about higher bid than the other customer's bid who won

$sql_customer = 'select customers_lastname, customers_firstname,customers_email_address from '. TABLE_CUSTOMERS." c,". TABLE_AUCTIONS_BIDS." ab where c.customers_id=ab.customers_id and ab.auctions_id= '$auction_id' and ab.bid_price<".(int)$bid_price." and ab.bid_status='won'";

replace it with (or just remove the red code from the statement above):

$sql_customer = 'select customers_lastname, customers_firstname,customers_email_address from '. TABLE_CUSTOMERS." c,". TABLE_AUCTIONS_BIDS." ab where c.customers_id=ab.customers_id and ab.auctions_id= '$auction_id' and ab.bid_price<".(int)$bid_price."";

The countdown is also a problem for me. I am not sure whether the code from package 1.4.1 runs correctly on any machine !? To the javascript -part in includes/modules/auction_bids.php I have made the following corrections (marked red, about line 132ff):

////////// CONFIGURE THE COUNTDOWN SCRIPT HERE //////////////////

var month = '0'; // '*' for next month, '0' for this month or 1 through 12 for the month

var day = '<?php echo '+'.$datetime_count_down['2']; ?>'; // Offset for day of month day or + day

var hour = '<?php echo $datetime_count_down['3']; ?>'; // 0 through 23 for the hours of the day

var tz = 1; // Offset for your timezone in hours from UTC, GMT+1 for Berlin

var lab = 'countdown_date'; // The id of the page entry where the timezone countdown is to show

Additionally i modified includes/functions/general.php (again, mods in red):

function tep_date_count_down($date){

$increment = 0;

$today=explode('-',str_replace(array(' ',':'),'-',date('Y-m-d H:i:s')));

$available=explode('-',str_replace(array(' ',':'),'-',$date));

if($available['5']<$today['5'])

{

$available['4']--;

$available['5']=$available['5']+60;

}

$available['5']=$available['5']-$today['5'];

if($available['4']<$today['4'])

{

$available['3']--;

$available['4']=$available['4']+60;

}

$available['4']=$available['4']-$today['4'];

if($available['3']<$today['3'])

{

$available['2']--;

$available['3']=$available['3']+24;

}

$available['3']=$available['3']-$today['3'];

$available['2']=$available['0']*365+$available['1']*30+$available['2'];

$today['2']=$today['0']*365+$today['1']*30+($today['2']);

$available['2']=$available['2']-$today['2'];

return $available;

}

The countdown is now "more reasonable", but still is 12hrs ahead...!?

Other problems I have:

- When an auction ends, how can the administrator move the auctioned product to the hopping cart of the winner?

- How can the status of a bid set to "won"? i can't even find the code in the distribution that performs such updates

Any help appreciated!!

Regards

Jan.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jan--I will know shortly if the email fix works, but the countdown is still screwy, I set my current test auction to end on Jan 31, but the counter reads :

Auction Ends On: 2007-01-31 00:00:00

(43 days + 1h : 24m : 23s left)

Obviously not right????

I have my date confirgured in auction_bids as follows, I am GMT-8 in California, is this set right?

var month = '*';	 //  '*' for next month, '0' for this month or 1 through 12 for the month 
var day = '<?php echo '+'.$datetime_count_down['2']; ?>';	   //  Offset for day of month day or + day  
var hour = '<?php echo $datetime_count_down['3']; ?>';		//  0 through 23 for the hours of the day
var tz = -8;		 //  Offset for your timezone in hours from UTC
var lab = 'countdown_date';	//  The id of the page entry where the timezone countdown is to show

thanks again!

I am still trying to get the bid confirm button to go to a bid confirmation page rather than the products info page, or at least have it simply refresh the exisiting page

and it mighte be good to have the customers first name instead of the customer ID number so they understand where they are in the bidding process, how might I accomplish this?

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Other problems I have:

- When an auction ends, how can the administrator move the auctioned product to the hopping cart of the winner?

- How can the status of a bid set to "won"? i can't even find the code in the distribution that performs such updates

Any help appreciated!!

Regards

Jan.

You can possibly use the contribution "manual order entry" for adding a won item to the customers basket--

I agree the admin area needs much in the way of management but I still love this script, I have wanted something like this for more than 2 years now--are the original authors still helping?

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Getting this error now when trying to bid:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select products.products_id from products , products_to_categories where products.products_status = '1' and products.products_id > '0' and products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id and products_to_categories.categories_id =

any ideas why?

thanks

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

I add the Database code that was in the download file.

everything works fine in the admin and show's up in the catalog but

as soon as u try to bid this is the error,

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and status' at line 1

select auctions_starting_price, expires_date, overbid_amount from auctions where products_id = and status

(plus not really sure how i would add the tables to the database, if they are missing in the SQL file that come with the MOD)

ANY IDEAS?

ANY IDEAS?

in product_info.php around line 15 you'll find something like

$mfo_auction_query = mysql_fetch_object(tep_db_query("select auctions_starting_price, expires_date, overbid_amount from auctions where products_id = '". $_GET['products_id'] ."' and status"));

replace it with:

$mfo_auction_query = mysql_fetch_object(tep_db_query("select auctions_starting_price, expires_date, overbid_amount from auctions where products_id = '". $_GET['products_id'] ."' and status='won'"));

Hope that helps...

one question: is your countdown working as intended?

Regards

Jan.

Thanks Jan--I will know shortly if the email fix works, but the countdown is still screwy, I set my current test auction to end on Jan 31, but the counter reads :

Auction Ends On: 2007-01-31 00:00:00

(43 days + 1h : 24m : 23s left)

Obviously not right????

I have my date confirgured in auction_bids as follows, I am GMT-8 in California, is this set right?

var month = '*';	 //  '*' for next month, '0' for this month or 1 through 12 for the month 
var day = '<?php echo '+'.$datetime_count_down['2']; ?>';	   //  Offset for day of month day or + day  
var hour = '<?php echo $datetime_count_down['3']; ?>';		//  0 through 23 for the hours of the day
var tz = -8;		 //  Offset for your timezone in hours from UTC
var lab = 'countdown_date';	//  The id of the page entry where the timezone countdown is to show

thanks again!

I am still trying to get the bid confirm button to go to a bid confirmation page rather than the products info page, or at least have it simply refresh the exisiting page

and it mighte be good to have the customers first name instead of the customer ID number so they understand where they are in the bidding process, how might I accomplish this?

you could try

var month='0';

the rest looks ok for me.

In order to show the customers name in the list of bids just locate the line:

<td class="productListing-data"><?php echo $products['customers_id']; ?></td>

and replace 'customers_id' with 'customers_name' (this will display the full name).

You can possibly use the contribution "manual order entry" for adding a won item to the customers basket--

I agree the admin area needs much in the way of management but I still love this script, I have wanted something like this for more than 2 years now--are the original authors still helping?

thanks for pointing me to the manual order entry mod, which is very useful. I will try it...

Thanks again Jan--=both of your ideas here worked for me--but I don't want to display the customers whole name, just first name--I will see if I can do that somehow

any idea on this error I get after hitting place bid?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select products.products_id from products , products_to_categories where products.products_status = '1' and products.products_id > '0' and products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id and products_to_categories.categories_id =

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

Thanks again Jan--=both of your ideas here worked for me--but I don't want to display the customers whole name, just first name--I will see if I can do that somehow

any idea on this error I get after hitting place bid?

so about the above error, seems that this line of code is causing the error, can you help me write it in a way that isn't screwy for the sql syntax?

$next_product_query = "select products.products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " , " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . "  where products.products_status = '1' and products.products_id > '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id and products_to_categories.categories_id = $next_product_category ";
$next_product_result = tep_db_query($next_product_query);
$next_product_array = tep_db_fetch_array($next_product_result);
if($next_product_array['products_id'] > 0){
	$next_product_id = $next_product_array['products_id'];
	$next_button = '<a href="' .  tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' .	 $next_product_id) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'nextprod.gif') . '</a>';
}else{
	$next_button = '';

also, about using the customers firstname instead of id, can somehow this code from product_info be used the way it calls for the first name?

$sql_customer = 'select customers_lastname, customers_firstname, customers_email_address from '. TABLE_CUSTOMERS." c,". TABLE_AUCTIONS_BIDS." ab where c.customers_id=ab.customers_id and ab.auctions_id= '$auction_id' and ab.bid_price<".(int)$bid_price."";$acustomer_query	=	tep_db_query($sql_customer);

while ($acustomer	=	tep_db_fetch_array($acustomer_query)) {

$acustomer_firstname	=	$acustomer['customer_firstname'];
					$acustomer_lastname	=	$acustomer['customers_lastname'];

thanks much, I appreciate the time!!

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

so about the above error, seems that this line of code is causing the error, can you help me write it in a way that isn't screwy for the sql syntax?

$next_product_query = "select products.products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " , " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . "  where products.products_status = '1' and products.products_id > '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id and products_to_categories.categories_id = $next_product_category ";
$next_product_result = tep_db_query($next_product_query);
$next_product_array = tep_db_fetch_array($next_product_result);
if($next_product_array['products_id'] > 0){
	$next_product_id = $next_product_array['products_id'];
	$next_button = '<a href="' .  tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' .	 $next_product_id) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'nextprod.gif') . '</a>';
}else{
	$next_button = '';

also, about using the customers firstname instead of id, can somehow this code from product_info be used the way it calls for the first name?

$sql_customer = 'select customers_lastname, customers_firstname, customers_email_address from '. TABLE_CUSTOMERS." c,". TABLE_AUCTIONS_BIDS." ab where c.customers_id=ab.customers_id and ab.auctions_id= '$auction_id' and ab.bid_price<".(int)$bid_price."";$acustomer_query	=	tep_db_query($sql_customer);

while ($acustomer	=	tep_db_fetch_array($acustomer_query)) {

$acustomer_firstname	=	$acustomer['customer_firstname'];
					$acustomer_lastname	=	$acustomer['customers_lastname'];

thanks much, I appreciate the time!!

Hi Rabbit,

when you want to display only the firstname of your customers in the bid list, you need to modify includes/modules/auction_bids.php:

around line 95 there is the following code:

$products_query_raw = "select concat(c.customer_firstname, c.customer_lastname) as customers_name, c.sustomers_id, ...

change it to:

$products_query_raw = "select concat(c.customer_firstname, c.customer_lastname) as customers_name, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_id, ...

Later, around line 109 you find the command where you output the customer's id (or as I suggested recently the customers full name):

<td class="productListing-data"><?php echo $products['customers_name'] ?></td>

change that to:

<td class="productListing-data"><?php echo $products['customers_firstname'] ?></td>

This should work then.

Regarding the other sql error, in which file/on what page does it occur?

Meanwhile, have you got your countdown timer working?

Regards

Jan.

Hi all!

Maybe you'll be in trouble if you have more than one customer with the same first name...

<td class="productListing-data"><?php echo $products['customers_firstname'] ?></td>
Here's Name and ID, like "William_231" or "Eric_98"...

<td class="productListing-data"><?php echo $products['customers_firstname'] ?>_<?php echo $products['customers_id']; ?></td>

Any of you guys got the "Overbid amount"-feature or "bidding in non default currency" working?

//Micke

Hi All!

The timer counting down is a little funny.

When I finally got it showing the right time and counting down nicely I noticed that the countdown was the same no matter what Expiry Date I selected...

I'd hope that it would change accordingly...

Or is it me being tired and stupid?

Anyone got it working?

//Micke

Hi All!

The timer counting down is a little funny.

When I finally got it showing the right time and counting down nicely I noticed that the countdown was the same no matter what Expiry Date I selected...

I'd hope that it would change accordingly...

Or is it me being tired and stupid?

Anyone got it working?

//Micke

Hi Micke

I also have a prob with the timer. Here is my js from includes/modules/auction_bids.php:

var month = '0';	 //  '*' for next month, '0' for this month or 1 through 12 for the month 

var tz = 1;		 //  Offset for your timezone in hours from UTC

function start() {displayTZCountDown(setTZCountDown(month,day,hour,tz),lab);}

And this is modified code from inclus/functions/general.php:

function tep_date_count_down($date){
		$increment = 0;
		$today=explode('-',str_replace(array(' ',':'),'-',date('Y-m-d H:i:s')));
		$available=explode('-',str_replace(array(' ',':'),'-',$date));

if($available['5']<$today['5'])
		{
			$available['4']--;			
			$available['5']=$available['5']+60;
		}   

$available['5']=$available['5']-$today['5'];		

if($available['4']<$today['4'])
		{
			$available['3']--;			
			$available['4']=$available['4']+60;
		}   

$available['4']=$available['4']-$today['4'];   

if($available['3']<$today['3'])
		{
			$available['2']--;			
			$available['3']=$available['3']+24;
		}   

$available['3']=$available['3']-$today['3'];  

$available['2']=$available['0']*365+$available['1']*30+$available['2'];
		$today['2']=$today['0']*365+$today['1']*30+($today['2']);

$available['2']=$available['2']-$today['2'];  

return $available;

}

This code delivers reasonable configuration values for the javascript, but somehow the timer is still 12hrs ahead (i.e. when the auction ends e.g. 2007-01-24 00:00:00, then the script countdown stops at 2007-01-23 12:00:00).

Regards

Jan.

Hi all!

Maybe you'll be in trouble if you have more than one customer with the same first name...

Here's Name and ID, like "William_231" or "Eric_98"...

<td class="productListing-data"><?php echo $products['customers_firstname'] ?>_<?php echo $products['customers_id']; ?></td>

Any of you guys got the "Overbid amount"-feature or "bidding in non default currency" working?

//Micke

The overbid amount isn't working for me, too.

Hi

Maybe you can fix the 12hrs here:

//Micke

Hi Mike,

I think your solution with the tz will work. I will try it tonight and give you an update.

Regards

Jan.

Hi all!

The mail that says someone has bidden over you shows only the lastname. To include the firstname the line:

$acustomer_firstname = $acustomer['customer_firstname'];

has to be changed to:

$acustomer_firstname = $acustomer['customers_firstname'];

in product_info.php

If anyone knows where to grab [auction_name], [auction_url] or [bid_price], tell me...

//Micke

Hi Mike,

I think your solution with the tz will work. I will try it tonight and give you an update.

Regards

Jan.

Hi,

using the original code from inludes/functions/general.php and modifying the countdown timer configuration section in includes/modules/auction_bids.php as follows:

var month = '0';	 //  '*' for next month, '0' for this month or 1 through 12 for the month 
var day = '<?php echo '+'.($datetime_count_down['2'] - 1); ?>';	   //  Offset for day of month day or + day
//var hour = '<?php echo $datetime_count_down['3']; ?>';		//  0 through 23 for the hours of the day
var hour = '0';   // set hour fix to 0, i.e. all auctions end at 00:00:00

finally works. When aution do not end at 00:00:00, the evaluation of $datetime_count_down['3'] probably need to be modified.

Any experiences regarding the countdown timer are welcome...

Edited by jputzer

Hi all!

(Thanks Jan, your countdown setup works for me too...)

I thought I'd chip in with a multilingual twist to the countdown... Here it comes:

In includes/languages/english/auction.php

after:

define('TEXT_DATETIME_LEFT','left');

add:

define('TEXT_DATETIME_DAY','day');

define('TEXT_DATETIME_DAYS','s');

define('TEXT_DATETIME_HOUR',' h. ');

define('TEXT_DATETIME_MINUTES',' min. ');

define('TEXT_DATETIME_SECONDS',' sec.');

define('TEXT_DATETIME_ENDED','Time is out');

(Repeat this for all languages as usual)

In includes/modules/auction_bids.php

before:

<script type="text/javascript">

add:

<?php

$TEXT_DATETIME_ENDED = TEXT_DATETIME_ENDED;

$TEXT_DATETIME_DAY = TEXT_DATETIME_DAY;

$TEXT_DATETIME_DAYS = TEXT_DATETIME_DAYS;

$TEXT_DATETIME_HOUR = TEXT_DATETIME_HOUR;

$TEXT_DATETIME_MINUTES = TEXT_DATETIME_MINUTES;

$TEXT_DATETIME_SECONDS = TEXT_DATETIME_SECONDS;

$TEXT_DATETIME_LEFT = TEXT_DATETIME_LEFT;

?>

Find the one row:

document.getElementById(tzcd).innerHTML = days + " day" + (days == 1 ? '' : 's') + ' + ' +hours+ 'h : ' +mins+ 'm : '+secs+'s';

and replace with these two rows:

// document.getElementById(tzcd).innerHTML = days + " day" + (days == 1 ? '' : 's') + ' + ' +hours+ 'h : ' +mins+ 'm : '+secs+'s';

document.getElementById(tzcd).innerHTML = days + " <?php print "".$TEXT_DATETIME_DAY.""; ?>" + (days == 1 ? '' : (<?php print "'".$TEXT_DATETIME_DAYS."'"; ?>)) + ' + ' +hours+ (<?php print "'".$TEXT_DATETIME_HOUR."'"; ?>) +mins+ (<?php print "'".$TEXT_DATETIME_MINUTES."'"; ?>)+secs+(<?php print "'".$TEXT_DATETIME_SECONDS."'"; ?>)+(<?php print "' ".$TEXT_DATETIME_LEFT."'"; ?>);

Save, close and upload the files and you're in orbit.

//Micke

Hi

I have added the auctions on my test cart. Really appreciate your efforts and wish all the best to the developers. I just hope that these contributors are still working on this and we will soon have a stable version of the auction module.

All the best!

Faltoo

Hi all!

I think I'm ready to start my first auction if we can get the "Overbid amount" feature working.

My "cut-and-paste-only" brain can't figure out how to modify this statement in order to check whether the amount the bidder has bidden is higher than the last bidded amount + overbid_amount...

...in product_info.php:

$exist_auction = tep_db_fetch_array(tep_db_query($sql_auction));
if ( ($exist_auction['bid_status']!='won')&& ($exist_auction['bid_price']<$bid_price) ){

(or should we mod somewhere else?)

All you coders - what's the trick?

//Micke

• 2 weeks later...

I have download the Auction script, and install it, but does not show anything at all, it looks like it that never install, I tried on Admin to see if I can see anything, but nothing. even when I tried to run it by itself. it did not show anything,

any idea.

Thanks,

KOROUSH

Hi all!

The mail that says someone has bidden over you shows only the lastname. To include the firstname the line:

$acustomer_firstname = $acustomer['customer_firstname'];

has to be changed to:

$acustomer_firstname = $acustomer['customers_firstname'];

in product_info.php

If anyone knows where to grab [auction_name], [auction_url] or [bid_price], tell me...//Micke

Any News on this issue?

I also would like to know if there is a fix for the 'same amount bidding' page which says;

You have to place a higher bid!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at/ etc.. etc..

Many thnx in advance.

Best Regards;

Mike.

Any News on this issue?
I have tried some moves with the email but since I'm no programmer I've had no success.

There is also a SEO_URLS dimension to [auction_url]

Maybe the other vars can be stuffed into hidden fields in the bidding form?

A possible workaround can be to leave these var out of the email message, like:

Hi Mike Lastname,

You have placed a bid in an auction on our site. Now someone's bid over you.

Go to www.blablabla.com if consider to place a higher bid yourself.

It's still a bargain!

With kind regards,

www.blablabla.com

Desperate solution? Yes!

I have never seen the "same amount bidding" feature actually. I'll try it some day.

//Micke