• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Pricing based on age or some other variation

Rwfresh

Hi All,

I have been going through OSCommerce for the last couple of months learning and looking for a solution to a Pricing problem. I need to have 4 seperate prices reflective of age groups for a site that sells vacation tours. I have looked at adding the extra three prices through the Options but there is too much room for error and it's simply to inconvenient to expect that site operaters will be expected to calculate up to 8 price variations (1 adult, 2 adult, 3 adult, 4 adult, 5 adult, 1 youth, 2 youth, 3 youth, 4 youth, 5 youth, 6 youth, 1 child, 2 child, 3 child, 4 child, 1 senior, 2 senior etc. etc etc) for each age group.

I am looking for ideas. As far as i can tell i can either go through the site and add additional quantities refelctive of the age groups.. Making a seperate price and qty variable for each group (adult, youth, child, senior). I would need to go through all the functions and pages and adjust all calculations. Or i can some way modify the Options process to automatically calculate and insert the associated option values; a number of prices for each age group.

I've just started programming so i'm finding it a little difficult to follow the shopping cart/ordering/ quantity process. Is the quantity variable the same for quantity in the shopping cart and quantity for stock?? This seems a little confusing.

Any help, ideas, clues are appreciated.. Perhaps a mroe expereinced OSC user can give me some advice! Does anyone else require these kinds of modifications?

Thanks,

rich

Archived